Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2015, 11:54 AM

6,416 posts, read 1,427,778 times

Advertisements

Can somebody list the Neigborhoods in Grand Oaks Plantation that have pools, and has houses that are 2000 sq ft - 2600 sq ft. please

And, how is the traffic for commuting down Glenn McConnell in the mornings and afternoons?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 01:38 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,048,960 times
I really can't give you that much information about specific home sizes for each neighborhood, but I'm pretty sure you can find something in that range pretty easily in Grand Oaks. Most of the neighborhoods within it have pools as well, but I hesitate to say they all do (I don't live in Grand Oaks but I run through there quite frequently). The Bees Landing Recreational Center is right there which has a gym with basketball courts and various events (mostly geared toward seniors or kids).

The morning commute can be rough. It's worse for those coming from the other side of Bees Ferry who have to make a left turn onto Glenn Mac, but the light at Grand Oaks backs up a lot too. One tip is that there's another light at Proximity Drive where Bees Ferry Apartments is located. That light is never as crowded and easier to get out of than the main light at the Grand Oaks entrance.

On Glenn Mac, once you get past the high school, the traffic lessens- especially when Glenn Mac turns into 3 lanes in each direction.

Old 08-28-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudPatriot07 View Post
I really can't give you that much information about specific home sizes for each neighborhood, but I'm pretty sure you can find something in that range pretty easily in Grand Oaks. Most of the neighborhoods within it have pools as well, but I hesitate to say they all do (I don't live in Grand Oaks but I run through there quite frequently). The Bees Landing Recreational Center is right there which has a gym with basketball courts and various events (mostly geared toward seniors or kids).

The morning commute can be rough. It's worse for those coming from the other side of Bees Ferry who have to make a left turn onto Glenn Mac, but the light at Grand Oaks backs up a lot too. One tip is that there's another light at Proximity Drive where Bees Ferry Apartments is located. That light is never as crowded and easier to get out of than the main light at the Grand Oaks entrance.

On Glenn Mac, once you get past the high school, the traffic lessens- especially when Glenn Mac turns into 3 lanes in each direction.
Thank you.

Old 08-28-2015, 05:19 PM

3,861 posts, read 4,595,248 times
I agree, most if not all of Grand Oaks has houses with that description. It's hard to break out accurate searches by subsection because so many list agents don't bother to add that info but I only see a few streets that don't seem to be connected to a neighborhood pool.

Old 08-28-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero View Post
I agree, most if not all of Grand Oaks has houses with that description. It's hard to break out accurate searches by subsection because so many list agents don't bother to add that info but I only see a few streets that don't seem to be connected to a neighborhood pool.
Thanks I drove in there today, and saw Mount Royal and Harrington, along with Moss Creek , I think , have pools.
I liked Mount Royal and Harrington. I saw Sabal homes is building a new development named the Landing, but the houses are too small, and no pool.

They have loads of trails and its a very clean area along Bees Ferry.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:56 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,287,615 times
We live in Moss Creek and have been here for 5 years. I commute to Mt Pleasant every morning and it takes about 40 minutes with normal traffic and no accidents. Then there are days like today which took 2 hours! I'm not going lie..I love our community but it normally takes me 20-25 minutes just to get on 526 in the morning and that is less than a 5 mile distance..just ridiculous. The 40 minute commute is acceptable but the problem is there always seems to be an accident every day on 526 so my average commute is an hour each way. #countingthedaystoretirement

Old 09-01-2015, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattig View Post
We live in Moss Creek and have been here for 5 years. I commute to Mt Pleasant every morning and it takes about 40 minutes with normal traffic and no accidents. Then there are days like today which took 2 hours! I'm not going lie..I love our community but it normally takes me 20-25 minutes just to get on 526 in the morning and that is less than a 5 mile distance..just ridiculous. The 40 minute commute is acceptable but the problem is there always seems to be an accident every day on 526 so my average commute is an hour each way. #countingthedaystoretirement
Thanks for the honest words! I drove in Grand Oaks the other day and drove in Moss Creek. They are all nice neighborhoods. Your neighborhood, Mt. Royal, and Harrington, are all nice with pools and it looks like you can walk or run for miles there!

That's bad news about the traffic. I see it once in a while. I work in North Charleston, and have to go to Bees Ferry to go down to Beaufort once in a while, and I see how backed up Glenn McConnell is in the morning coming into Charleston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area