U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 05:41 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,482,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
There are a couple of very beautiful ones in SC in the Murrells Inlet area.......the quiet area of Myrtle Beach as a whole.
They were reasonable, with nice homes, and a pool, club......Some on a pond.
Let me know if SC is on your list of places to check. I'll post you some names, of the 55 communitites.
sc is on my list , i was looking around the charleston area, I could only find 100grand parks. post if you find any! thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 06:28 AM

1 posts, read 12,064 times
Default 55 or older home parks

Try Jensen Communities @
[url=http://www.jensencommunities.com/phpworx/index.php?cmd=find-homes&from=home-page&state=SC]Jensen Communities[/url]

Old 02-05-2008, 07:32 AM

13,320 posts, read 19,657,523 times
I'm not a big fan of Jensen........I've just read too many complaints about it. It just is big business to some land lease owners. The Mom and Pop, or smaller places seem to be so much more content and happier.
There are a few nice small communities with low monthly fees for lease here.
I will have to drive that way to get the correct name. So many have the same words in their titles......LOL
I know there are some people in Teal Acres down here that are retirees. The entire place is not for 55 plus. But, a good deal of it is. Someone from back home in Pa. came out to talk with us, and said how much they enjoyed their new location. Most of them on the one street were retirees.
However, I will get the name of the two down heading to Pawleys. The actual 55 community. The one I like the best has rocking chairs on the front porch of the clubhouse. A nice pool.......pretty grounds. The prices are good, and the monthly fee is not all that bad.
I'll get back on this within the week...........Summmering.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:31 PM

899 posts, read 3,122,212 times
I've got to be honest with you here.

Charleston is not like Florida when it comes to 55+ parks.

In your situation, the link I sent earlier is what you are looking for.
Jensen Communities | Communities | Connecticut

I understand what you are seeking. I have had many people from both Florida & New York looking for the same thing. We don't have it.

Having said that, I think this particular Jensen Community may fit you well. It is very laid back & consumer friendly. Could be worth a look.
jim

Old 02-07-2008, 04:16 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,482,079 times
thanks for the imformation i am getting near the time to make the move real soon, i enjoy the feel of the old south that charleston seems to show, but i have to let my wallet dictate where i move to.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:19 AM

I'll go get that name today.........
Its such a cute and cozy place heading towards Pawleys Island. Its 55........
The front porch has rockers, with round wooden tables for games. A nice pool area.
The homes there were priced more to your liking. It is also clean and neat, didn't see anyone who was overyly messy at all.
Get back to you shortly..........OK.......Summering

Old 02-07-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
I'll go get that name today.........
Its such a cute and cozy place heading towards Pawleys Island. Its 55........
The front porch has rockers, with round wooden tables for games. A nice pool area.
The homes there were priced more to your liking. It is also clean and neat, didn't see anyone who was overyly messy at all.
Get back to you shortly..........OK.......Summering
Ok I made a new thread.........ITs under 55+ in Murrells Inlet, SC......
I listed the three nice, clean and very reasonable ones.
If you have any questions, please post them there........
These are not in Charleston, but........since there seemed to be none that way. These are within an hour and 1/2 of there anyhow....

Old 05-31-2008, 07:31 PM

1 posts, read 11,814 times
Quote:
There are a couple of very beautiful ones in SC in the Murrells Inlet area.......the quiet area of Myrtle Beach as a whole.
They were reasonable, with nice homes, and a pool, club......Some on a pond.
Let me know if SC is on your list of places to check. I'll post you some names, of the 55 communitites.
I would appreciate a few names with a contact person or address. I enjoyed murrells inlet very much

Old 01-14-2010, 02:33 PM

3 posts, read 24,277 times
I too am looking for a reasonable mobile home park, with MH for sale and along the beach in So. Carolina. Live in a mobile home, retirement community in Arkansas, and believe me there's no "trailer trash" here. Sounds like somebody's still in the 50's. People who are retired need to have a reasonable priced home, safe and with people like them. An active 55+ community is the way to go. We even have some millionaires in our park. Did the Florida bit for 37 years and believe me, you have to be a millionaire to live there anymore. Love the South Carolina area from Myrtle Beach to Charleston. Need some help, with listings that I can look up on the internet. Thanks a bunch.

Last edited by dorothea utz; 01-14-2010 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: typing error

Old 02-28-2010, 02:52 PM

3 posts, read 12,192 times
Default 55+

Hi

I'm interested. We are looking to retire in about 2 years, love mobile home living.

Thanks
Liz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area