Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 05:03 PM

92 posts, read 208,390 times

Advertisements

Last I heard the library wasn't going to be started until all the other renovations for the other Chas county libraries were completed. So I figured it'd be at least a couple years before we have said library. But this was all chatter, nothing official, back when it had been voted on. I too would love to know if there has been a timeframe worked out for at least starting construction of the library.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 04:05 PM

61 posts, read 92,622 times
We've been in CP for 2 1/2 yrs now. It's been great. We've found the HOA to be responsive. Although, I think they could have handled the basketball net issue differently. Everyone is friendly and from what I've seen I think there's only one group that I might consider a clique. But I just think they're a group neighbors who hit it off really well and hang out a lot. It's not a North/South thing either. Mostly northerners around us, and I still sometimes feel like the Tim Burton family on the block They've started prepping the land behind us for the K-5 school. Even the guys starting the work say it's going to be very nice. Don't put too much stock into that one opinion. You now have 4 telling you otherwise!

Old 03-13-2016, 04:09 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskyluv View Post
Last I heard the library wasn't going to be started until all the other renovations for the other Chas county libraries were completed. So I figured it'd be at least a couple years before we have said library. But this was all chatter, nothing official, back when it had been voted on. I too would love to know if there has been a timeframe worked out for at least starting construction of the library.
I couldn't find any recent specifics, but according to this article from Nov of 2014 it sounded like CP would be the first to get a new library. They were claiming the new libraries would be built in 18-24 months from the time this article was written, so hopefully starting between May-Nov of 2016?

Mount Pleasant to get the first new library after voter-approved bond issue - Post and Courier

Old 03-13-2016, 09:36 AM

2,625 posts, read 4,010,055 times
Thanks for the article Ziggy. Would be nice if it started in 2016! Wonder how likely that is when they are also just starting the new elementary school?

Looks like the new fire station is almost done!

Old 03-14-2016, 07:09 AM

17 posts, read 13,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macalan View Post
Thanks for the article Ziggy. Would be nice if it started in 2016! Wonder how likely that is when they are also just starting the new elementary school?

Looks like the new fire station is almost done!
I live in Darrell Creek and drive through Carolina Park numerous times a day and am constantly reading up on the latest. And the latest I've read and heard is that the new elementary school, which will be located next to Wando High School and right by the future new library is supposed to open in August 2017, for the start of the 2017-2018 school year.

The fire station looks very close to completion and looks great!

Old 03-14-2016, 04:22 PM

2 posts, read 1,677 times
Hey All, I'm not sure that this warranted a separate thread so I thought I would ask here, to start. We are interested in Carolina Park, but was curious if they allowed chickens is a small run/coop in your backyard? I realize most HOAs have restrictions around pets, but backyard chickens are becoming a little more commonplace and would love to have a few hens. Let me know if anyone has any insight on chickens! Thanks so much!

Old 03-14-2016, 05:34 PM

92 posts, read 208,390 times
I don't believe chickens are allowed but you can download and read the HOA rules right on the Carolina Park website. It contains the rules regarding allowed animals. But I'm pretty sure chickens are a no go.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:19 AM

2 posts, read 1,677 times
Thanks @Huskyluv! From what I read it was a little ambiguous, and I'm wondering if that's on purpose... I can ask at the sales office when we visit as well.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:41 AM

3,591 posts, read 4,354,507 times
I've never seen a HOA that allows farm animals.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:07 AM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times
Keeping chickens for fresh eggs is becoming a much debated subject in many HOA's. Most ban such under the definition of Farm Animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area