Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 10:34 AM

9 posts, read 12,530 times

Advertisements

Please tell me if you would want your 25 yr old sister living at Wind Gate?
If not, please tell me the very best mobile home park around Goose Creek.
I am trying to stay under $1000 a month for rent without losing peace of mind.

I have heard that the property managers are a little unresponsive. Anyone know about Wind Gate?

Last edited by Yac; 04-08-2016 at 03:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 08:40 AM

I am wondering why nobody is responding?
I am trying to decide whether living in one of the trailer communities will suit us. It would be a great way to save money, but I am leary of the atmosphere in such commnities.
Which one is the best for a quite family? Windgate, Creekside or Ryefield?
Any other sugestions? We would prefer to search towards Monk's Corner rather than Summerville...I think.

Thanks, don't be shy.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:45 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,951 times
With no one responding, chances are no one has any info to offer.

But I chuckle at, "the atmosphere in such communities"....

Visit the area and call the local PD and ask them about the area and calls for service in the area.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:59 AM

5,716 posts, read 4,685,139 times
Summerville doesn't have online crime reporting. Otherwise, I'd tell you to look there. Not all trailer parks are bad. I know a lot of good people who've lived in them.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:57 AM

Default 🌟🌟 Reviews on Wind Gate Trailer Home Community in Summerville

Please tell me if you would want your 25 yr old sister living at Wind Gate?
I'm wondering about noise, cleanliness, and safety. Could she walk the dog alone at night?

If not, please tell me the very best mobile home park around Goose Creek.
I am trying to stay under $1000 a month for rent.

I have heard that the property managers are a little unresponsive. Anyone know about Wind Gate?

Old 04-22-2016, 08:22 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,951 times
Didn't you already post this? As I states before, if no one has any info to offer they won't post.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:23 AM

5,716 posts, read 4,685,139 times
Ok. I don't want to live in any mobile home park. Unless she owns her own trailer, what's the preoccupation with this?

Old 04-23-2016, 10:14 AM

The "pre-occupation" is that we are trying to decide if saving 300 a month is worth living in an environment like a mobile home community.
I have contacted the Berkley Co Sheriff's department and they said that it was a nice neighborhood, and the local crime reports show Wind Gate to be safe.
Just looking for some advise from people that may have lived there.
So, if you have experience living in a trailer home park, please leave any advise you might have.
Thanks!

Old 04-23-2016, 11:41 AM

252 posts, read 264,256 times
I have no experience with Wind Gate or any of the other trailer park communities in and around the Charleston metro area, but I do have general experience with them in other places. The better ones are those where the home is owned by the occupant and the space is rented from the park, but even that can be hit and miss. This is going to sound counter-intuitive, considering I have expressed apprehension towards HOAs in another thread, but if I was looking for a mobile home community, I would want one with some sort of HOA if available (believe it or not, they do exist).

The reason why trailer parks get their bad reputation is because they're usually cheap and relatively easy to get into by just about anyone, Sometimes, you can find a hidden gem. I currently live in one here in Washington that is an all owner-occupied park with pretty strict rules about abandoned cars and garbage. They have a yard crew that handles landscaping, which is included in the lot rent. Most of the people here are retirees and many of the lots are large, almost subdivision-like. We have an active neighborhood watch, and the only "crime" worth mentioning is the occasional loud party. Those are isolated to the front of the park where the younger people live, and complaints are handled pretty quickly.

By contrast, I've also lived in dumps that were all rentals. Turnover was extremely high and no one seemed to care about keeping their living space clean. There were constant domestic issues, drunken brawls, drug dealing, and all manner of crap going on. I didn't stay very long, needless to say.

I personally won't go looking for a trailer community again, as I intend to look at the housing market during the year I intend to live in an apartment once I move down there due to the uncertainty. My roommate and I got lucky with this one, as her parents own the trailer itself and are good friends with one of the owners of the community. It's good that you're doing your homework in investigating Wind Gate with the police and trying to get info, but keep in mind that sometimes, cheap rent comes with sacrifices that you my not realize you have to make until it's too late.

Old 04-23-2016, 01:09 PM

244 posts, read 230,923 times
As a 911 Dispatcher I have a lot of calls in trailer parks. Crime is not only trailer parks problems but they seemed to have more than there fair share. TPs that take HUD are worse than 1 where only the land is rented!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area