Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 07:57 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,446,202 times

Advertisements

From what I gather, BJ's wont be behind Walmart, but it wont be in Nexton either. The article said SE of N Main and 26. Nexton doesnt own that.

Cabelas I believe was supposed to go behind Walmart. Bjs was planned before they backed out so its not as if BJ's decided to take that parcel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 02:45 PM

101 posts, read 110,287 times
Quote:
SE of N Main and 26. Nexton doesnt own that.
So, it looks like that area is not in Dorchester County or City of Summerville, right?

So, once again, Dorchester county gets no tax help.

Can someone please explain to me why Charleston County and Berkeley County gets all the new businesses?

Old 07-27-2016, 07:44 PM

268 posts, read 281,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsausername View Post
So, it looks like that area is not in Dorchester County or City of Summerville, right?

So, once again, Dorchester county gets no tax help.

Can someone please explain to me why Charleston County and Berkeley County gets all the new businesses?
They go to Berkley because it's cheaper taxes.

They go to Charleston because it's close to Charleston and it's in North Charleston which will always lead (unless WA gets developed) in commercial stuff like Bass Pro and any future large chain stores and restaurants.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:57 PM

246 posts, read 518,673 times
They have started to clear the land for BJ's.

It is not 'behind' Walmart, but more behind the hotels and visible from the on ramp from the north bound lanes of 17a to I26 east. It is on the Walmart side of the interstate, not the Nexton side. I do not know if that is considered in Summerville city limits, I know the other side of the interstate by Sangaree is not.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:44 PM

I wonder what else they're gonna put back next to BJ's

Old 07-29-2016, 10:33 PM

624 posts, read 692,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
It's in the Nexton development.
BJ's will be near Walmart, next to/behind the Comfort Inn Suites. Here's where it's going:

Old 07-29-2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroceryGuySC View Post
BJ's will be near Walmart, next to/behind the Comfort Inn Suites. Here's where it's going:
Yes I discovered I was wrong.

I also didn't realize how much woods was back behind Walmart. More than BJ's back there?

Old 07-30-2016, 09:15 AM

624 posts, read 692,463 times
I imagine they will develop it further back there. The Town of Summerville needs to put pressure on the owner of the Shopping Center. The ingress/egress is absolutely horrible. And there is a small cemetery *right* at the entrance that is fenced in. It is one of the most disrespectful things I have ever seen. BJ's with their warehouse and fuel center will only add to the congestion.

They either need to put in a road behind it that connects to Berlin G. Myers, or increase the size of the entrance off Main Street.

Old 07-30-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroceryGuySC View Post
I imagine they will develop it further back there. The Town of Summerville needs to put pressure on the owner of the Shopping Center. The ingress/egress is absolutely horrible. And there is a small cemetery *right* at the entrance that is fenced in. It is one of the most disrespectful things I have ever seen. BJ's with their warehouse and fuel center will only add to the congestion.

They either need to put in a road behind it that connects to Berlin G. Myers, or increase the size of the entrance off Main Street.
They honestly could, they could somehow use the road that goes to the apartments and connect it to that.

Luckily there's 4 entrances to that shopping center now. They need to improve the one by the interstate since BJ's will increase traffic to that entrance. Could they add another "frontage road" between the on ramps and the hotels?

Old 08-22-2016, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,833 times
When will BJ's will open in summerville, sc. 29486?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area