Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 05:26 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,762,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NS_Highlander View Post
I think a cop would have to be a total power tripping jerk to push an issue such as urinating. I can't imagine pushing this and ruining somebodies life. You tell me who the real criminal is here... . This is why people don't trust the police and are so sinister at their very motives for getting into the profession to begin with. There are a lot of good, fair cops out there who being tarnished by this kind of justice.
This is why there is supposed to be a judical system. To have judges throw this kind of stuff out of court and set precidents. You get less grief for smoking crack. The low country is littered with weapon carrying, drug dealling dirtbags- these are the people that should be on a government registry.

Yes, it definitely depends on the police officer. I would think (hope) that most would stop to see why the car is where it shouldn't be, see what is going on, then tell them to hurry up and to be on their way. But, times have changed, my friend. This is now a valid reason for being arrested and they call it "indecent exposure"... even though the "subject" is completely out of public view. This person is treated the same as someone who exposes himself in a public place. Hey, when a 5-year-old can get arrested in FL for putting his little handprint in some fresh cement (on the sidewalk of a new construction site)...things have gotten way out of hand! I agree with you, police need to spend their time arresting the REAL criminals - murderers, rapists, drug dealers, etc...
I know their (police) hands are tied on many things and they are underpaid and I think the majority really do a wonderful job of keeping our communities safe, so it is the minority who abuse their position. The real culprits are our judges and the judicial system, in general - which needs a overhaul!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,737 times
Im just a 15 year old kid. I was bored and my mom told me I need to be watching my surroundings. And I took it upon myself to do so. I had 2 registered sex offenders living right next to me and I didnt even notice it.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:13 AM

1,195 posts, read 3,471,553 times
Default SLED South Carolina Sex Offenders link

SC Sex Offenders

Sex Offender Registry

Old 12-01-2010, 08:27 AM

6 posts, read 19,571 times
Exclamation Response to 15 yr. old

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeboy99 View Post
Im just a 15 year old kid. I was bored and my mom told me I need to be watching my surroundings. And I took it upon myself to do so. I had 2 registered sex offenders living right next to me and I didnt even notice it.

You have a very wise Mother. Two bits of advice I'd give you, since I'm 64 years old and have lived through a bunch of stuff in my life:

1) Be extremely careful in a public men's room. I have 5 little grandsons and they go with me into the ladies room, which obviously at 15, you can't do. When they get a tad older, I will consider taking them in the family bathroom. Try to go in restrooms with a friend.

2) Often times, it's not the people down the street that you don't know, it's the "funny uncle" in your own family that you can't trust to be alone with.

Just be so aware that your privates belong to you and you alone. Don't hesitate to blow the whistle on any of these jerks, no matter if you get threatened not to.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:55 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,325,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granny meg View Post
You have a very wise Mother. Two bits of advice I'd give you, since I'm 64 years old and have lived through a bunch of stuff in my life:

1) Be extremely careful in a public men's room. I have 5 little grandsons and they go with me into the ladies room, which obviously at 15, you can't do. When they get a tad older, I will consider taking them in the family bathroom. Try to go in restrooms with a friend.

2) Often times, it's not the people down the street that you don't know, it's the "funny uncle" in your own family that you can't trust to be alone with.

Just be so aware that your privates belong to you and you alone. Don't hesitate to blow the whistle on any of these jerks, no matter if you get threatened not to.
That is so true, most sex offenses are committed by someone known to the family......

Old 12-01-2010, 08:13 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,646,616 times
I didnt look it up, here. But look up sex offenders in any average neighborhood.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:43 PM

370 posts, read 947,186 times
Check this helpful site for offender maps. Unfortunately sex offenders are everywhere nowadays. This map will help you to see which areas are the good ones, and which areas are the ones to be careful with.

Family Watchdog*-*Map of registered offenders in your neighborhood

Old 12-14-2014, 07:27 PM

1 posts, read 991 times
RE:SCbeaches

It is a free county, therefore anyone can move where they want to!! So, Why not move to SC? We might be neighbors!! I thought people from SC were suppose to be the friendliest in the USA?

Old 12-16-2014, 06:05 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,429,027 times
This has been asked on here before. There are sex offenders everywhere, in nice neighborhoods, in poor neighborhoods. There are plenty in Mt. Pleasant too. Some of them have only been convicted of urinating in public - this counts as a sex offender. I encourage you to be safe with your children, teach them safety , and be smart. It sounds like you already are. Summerville is a nice city with a low crime rate. The crime is no different than Mt. Pleasant and housing is much lower priced, it is only farther from the coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area