Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 03:22 PM

2,525 posts, read 1,946,683 times

Advertisements

If anyone is interested in seeing Mr Joseph Walsh, there are some discount tickets available. That little note we found under our windshield wiper after Hootie's concert gives a code for Orchestra Seats at $50 each, or the upper Gallery at $25 each. This is legit, we just got ours today.

Call Gaillard's Box Office at 843-242-3099 and mention the "Secret" Code JoeW2016. Joe's got a couple of good accomplices on this tour, names that will be familiar to Eagles/California Rock fans. He's playing songs from his entire catalog so don't be surprised to hear an old James Gang tune.
The opening act is Jim Dolan's Band, he of the family that owns Madison Square Garden, the Knicks and the Rangers.
Park in the Gaillard's Garage on Alexander Street for $5 all night long. All Night Long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 05:43 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,517,434 times
Tempting, tempting....

Old 08-08-2016, 11:38 PM

21,021 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Waddy Watchel, lead guitarist and musical director for Stevie Nicks' (Fleetwood Mac) solo band, is touring with Walsh.

Walsh has been performing "Life in the Fast Lane," "In the City," and "Take It to the Limit" as a tribute to Glenn Frey.

Old 08-09-2016, 04:49 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,689,981 times
Acoustic Joe Walsh? Just can't see it.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:07 AM

Wachtel is the brains behind this lineup, he's been with all those southern Cal bands like Jackson Browne & Linda Ronstadt. Joseph has his old drummer Joe Vitale along for the ride also.

Nobody said this was an "acoustic" tour. In fact, I would suggest that Gaillard check their Insurance policy for Roof Damage.......Joe may raise it off the rafters.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:16 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,689,981 times
I know I read that somewhere, but can't find it now. I hope you enjoy.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:22 AM

21,021 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveLoaves View Post
Wachtel is the brains behind this lineup, he's been with all those southern Cal bands like Jackson Browne & Linda Ronstadt. Joseph has his old drummer Joe Vitale along for the ride also.
Vitale has been an associate of Walsh before Walsh joined the Eagles. He and Wachtel help Walsh put on a great show.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:10 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,070,593 times
I'd be pissed if I paid the $111 for orchestra seats I saw on the site and found out they dropped the price to $50. Uncool.

Old 08-13-2016, 09:23 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,066,312 times
Any report back on the concert? The Gaillard acoustics for rock music?

Old 08-13-2016, 09:25 AM

This turned out to be a fun night. The Gaillard Center is absolutely beautiful. The Acoustical Re-Engineering that they just finished has made this venue a modern marvel. The Director of the Gaillard introduced the bands and he said that during the soundcheck, Joe was blown away by the acoustics. Visually, the place is stunning !!

Of course, the first song was too loud The band had just played an outdoor concert in Raleigh 2 nights ago and I don't think the Sound Board guys adjusted any of the volume knobs -- those board guys lost their hearing years ago anyway. But by the time they finished "Walk Away" they got it dialed in. In the Gaillard, you don't have to turn it up to 11 to get good audio.

Joe had a full screen backdrop, and he showed old movies and cartoons during some of his songs. His tribute to Glenn Frey was a show-stopper. He introduced Life's Been Good with a funny story, and they showed a photo montage of all the Rockers that Joe has ever played with. On their version of Funk 49, they broke into a big funky middle piece, where the double drummers took over. The Encore was Rocky Mountain Way. We were hoping for a second Encore, but I think the Roof Repair company wanted to get started re-attached the rafters.

Opening act was Jim Dolan’s outfit JD and the Straight Shot. I went in prepared to dislike the guy based on what has happened to the Knicks and Rangers on his watch – but I will confess that he and his band put on a good 50 minute set of Americana & Blues in the T-Bone Burnett mode. Dolan sang the blues as only a millionaire can, and he played a good guitar too.

We are so lucky to have a Venue like the Gaillard right here in town. I strongly suggest that you check their Event schedule and if there's any performer that you are even remotely thinking about seeing.......this is the place to see them !!

Gaillard Center
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area