Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 04:21 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,777,188 times

Advertisements

James Island does have some excellent schools and Stiles Elementary school did receive an "excellent" absolute rating on the 2007 South Carolina state report cards. Mt. Pleasant had 6 schools receiving a similar (excellent) rating: Belle Hall Elementary,Charles Pinckney Elementary,James B. Edwards Elementary,Jennie Moore Elementary,Mt. Pleasant Academy and Wando High School.Ft. Johnson Middle School on James Island received an "average" rating and James Island Charter a "good" rating. Regardless of the scores, I would not have had a problem sending my children to any of these schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 05:58 PM

3,840 posts, read 3,066,874 times
[quote=meks;2924992]stiles point elementary school? that's where I went when it was brand new...

Meks, I must have known you from yesteryear. I too went to stiles point when it first opened and remember when wellington drive was unpaved. I grew up in lawton bluff!

Old 01-23-2009, 08:25 PM

17 posts, read 60,092 times
I can't begin to tell you how nice the Kentwood Circle area is. This is in Lynwood Subdivision, which has several entrances, so a wreck or fire won't bottle you up. Lynwood has curving streets that adds to its charm. And the areas around it have fully developed so there should be no suprises. Lynwood is one of the more established neighborhoods on James Island, which borders and includes the City of Charleston, Folly Beach, and Johns Island.

Folly Beach is minutes away as is downtown if you know the secret roads. It is possible to drive from Kentwood circle to downtown Charleston in 10 minutes, with only two stop signs and no traffic lights. A County Park with a dog walk and a dazzling Holiday Parade of lights is One stop sign and one light away as well. The park also has fishing, a dock on the Stono River, a water park and a 50 foot climbing wall the last time I looked. The area boost a modern senior center, two golf courses and some beautiful views across the marshes and Charleston Harbor.

Weather in the area is usually delightful, and you can play golf or participate in outdoors activities 365 days a year, as a rule. Move here if you must, but please don't tell too many people if you do. Growth has been pretty well managed and we would like to keep it that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area