Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2016, 04:11 PM

14 posts, read 14,419 times

Advertisements

Hi!
I am trying to decide on either Middleburg Fl or Ladson SC to purchase a gym that is currently for sale and to live there obviously. I'm from northern PA and I love Florida and i feel like my heart is there. I've been all over Florida the last several months looking at these and i went to Charlotte also. I've never been to SC and i would love some feedback from anyone that lives in these areas. The main reason I want to move South is that i LOVE sunshine and warm weather. Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 06:41 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,843,050 times
I would choose Aladdin over Middleburg any day.
I lived in Jacksonville Fl for over 10 years and loved it, but Middleburg is deep in the sticks.
Ladson is in the middle of the action. The Charleston area seems to appeal to a large variety of people.
Middleburg is much cheaper to live though.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:41 PM

14 posts, read 14,419 times
Thank you. Middleburg deep in the sticks meaning like total country? lol I live in a very rural town in small town USA in PA right now; lots of farms; I live on 10 acres; it's peaceful but not dumpy if you know what I mean.
The crime seemed to be little high in Ladson and the demographics of race in Middleburg was mostly Caucasian which was appealing to me. I've never visited Ladson or been to SC for that matter so before I just flew there to look at this gym I wanted to get some feedback.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:45 PM

1,998 posts, read 1,839,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braisley View Post
The crime seemed to be little high in Ladson and the demographics of race in Middleburg was mostly Caucasian which was appealing to me. I've never visited Ladson or been to SC for that matter so before I just flew there to look at this gym I wanted to get some feedback.
What does demographics have to do with anything?

Old 11-02-2016, 01:07 AM

734 posts, read 910,894 times
Quote:
Thank you. Middleburg deep in the sticks meaning like total country? lol I live in a very rural town in small town USA in PA right now; lots of farms; I live on 10 acres; it's peaceful but not dumpy if you know what I mean.
There's crime all over the place. We live in Ladson for the past three years coming from Virginia. You just have to look at where you want to move to. A good source to find out where the crime is, is call a few pizza places and see where they don't deliver to or just call the local police department.

Yes we are between North Charleston and Summerville. This is why we love this location.

Old 11-02-2016, 02:27 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,843,050 times
Quote:
Ladson is in the middle of the action so you don't have to live there. Most people don't even know where Ladson begins and ends. Summerville is only a few minutes away and has more of the historic charming small southern town look. From a business standpoint there's more people which means more business. Since it's an urban area, you'll have more choices of housing, acreage, schools, etc.

Middleburg is pretty much is out by itself a little drive from the outer suburbs of Jacksonville (not my favorite part of Jacksonville).

If you like rural living, Middleburg would probably be more your speed, but I wouldn't say it's the most charming place in Florida.

Old 11-03-2016, 06:33 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,553,017 times
I can't speak about Middleburg but the population is exploding around Ladson and business-wise that might be better than a rural town.

Ziggy's point that "Most people don't even know where Ladson begins and ends." is true but largely because Ladson is not a legal entity unto itself like an incorporated city or town would be. It has no fixed boundaries.

Old 11-04-2016, 12:41 AM

734 posts, read 910,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero View Post
I can't speak about Middleburg but the population is exploding around Ladson and business-wise that might be better than a rural town.

Ziggy's point that "Most people don't even know where Ladson begins and ends." is true but largely because Ladson is not a legal entity unto itself like an incorporated city or town would be. It has no fixed boundaries.
Hey I know where Ladson is at! I have a Ladson address. Actually we live on the border of Ladson and we are actually on the tip end of City of North Charleston just off of Ladson Rd. In one way, if you sneeze you are in Summerville and if you sneeze the other way you are in Dorchester county.

When we moved here three years ago, the insurance companies didn't know where we were located. They had us in Berkeley county. I was happy with that since the insurance is cheaper but we had them corrected it. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area