Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2017, 04:53 PM

48 posts, read 82,238 times

Advertisements

Hello-my husband and I have always wanted to visit Charleston, SC, and my sister, when alive, had recommended her favorite hotel to stay there, but unfortunately never wrote it down. She said it was not inexpensive, but was charming, offered a wonderful 'cocktail hour' and was in a terrific location. The hotels listed on TripAdvisor and the likes don't seem to have ones like those listed. I would love to get feedback from anyone that can offer us a place to stay that is lovely with good ammenities. Any price range will be okay. This is a 'retirement' gift to my husband and we are coming from Chicago in March. Thank you, in advance, for any recommendations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 08:22 PM

3,861 posts, read 4,597,921 times
The boutique hotels I hear people rave about downtown are (in no particular order) The Restoration on King, The Grand Bohemian and Zero George. For a romantic dinner spot, I'd suggest Fulton Five.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:31 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,944,788 times
Ansonborough Inn and Harbor View fit those descriptions.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:37 AM

1,143 posts, read 2,873,758 times
The Grand Bohemian has a nice rooftop bar and is very eclectic in a great location. We really enjoy it. If you are wine enthusiasts, check out their special wine tasting classes where you can create your own bottle of wine.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:28 AM

2,336 posts, read 2,566,640 times
Although maybe not a "boutique", Mills House is really nice and right in the middle of the lower peninsula action.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:50 AM

216 posts, read 299,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkypjy View Post
Hello-my husband and I have always wanted to visit Charleston, SC, and my sister, when alive, had recommended her favorite hotel to stay there, but unfortunately never wrote it down. She said it was not inexpensive, but was charming, offered a wonderful 'cocktail hour' and was in a terrific location. The hotels listed on TripAdvisor and the likes don't seem to have ones like those listed. I would love to get feedback from anyone that can offer us a place to stay that is lovely with good ammenities. Any price range will be okay. This is a 'retirement' gift to my husband and we are coming from Chicago in March. Thank you, in advance, for any recommendations.
When were you told about this hotel...year?

A large majority of hotels in Charleston are 'boutique' hotels (less than 50 rooms).

Old 01-18-2017, 12:27 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
For first-time visitors I would recommend our favorite, the Embassy Suites near the Visitor's Center. It's the only ES I know of that's located in a historic building(the Old Citadel) and the location cant be beat- right down the street from Jestine's..estineskitchen.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
View detailed profiles of: