Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 09:26 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times

Advertisements

The old Laing isn't near Carolina Park is it? It's on Six Mile...and maybe Carolina Park was a little rural but look at the Master Plan -- it was NEVER EVER planned to stay that way. It was meant to be what it is becoming a vibrant suburb. Suburb means a sub community of the urban area -- rural and suburb not the same at all -- lol.

As for the stadium -- I get it but you know in Texas where high school football is a religion, they share stadiums. Makes way more financial sense. I know it would mean playing a bit with schedules but somehow they can do it in Texas. I'll be honest I don't know how they do it but they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 11:19 AM

3,591 posts, read 4,352,750 times
Big win for Carolina Park Elementary. Michael Antonelli is a fantastic Principal and will be sorely missed at Laurel Hill.

Michael Antonelli named principal of Carolina Park Elementary School | News | moultrienews.com

Old 01-26-2017, 11:34 AM

3,861 posts, read 4,597,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The old Laing isn't near Carolina Park is it? It's on Six Mile...and maybe Carolina Park was a little rural but look at the Master Plan -- it was NEVER EVER planned to stay that way. It was meant to be what it is becoming a vibrant suburb. Suburb means a sub community of the urban area -- rural and suburb not the same at all -- lol.

As for the stadium -- I get it but you know in Texas where high school football is a religion, they share stadiums. Makes way more financial sense. I know it would mean playing a bit with schedules but somehow they can do it in Texas. I'll be honest I don't know how they do it but they do.
I started this thread but haven't had time to keep up with it! I don't think anything out that way will stay "rural" as long as Charleston's growth stays anywhere near where it is now. I'm afraid it's going to fill up until there's no more room being squeezed in between Francis Marion Forest and the Atlantic Ocean. This is one of the drivers for West Ashely's development... Mt P is running out of space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsNull View Post
Big win for Carolina Park Elementary. Michael Antonelli is a fantastic Principal and will be sorely missed at Laurel Hill.

Michael Antonelli named principal of Carolina Park Elementary School | News | moultrienews.com
I have heard good things about Michael Antonelli too.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:50 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,944,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

I'm stoked about it.
I didn't move here because it was rural, but because I couldn't afford what I wanted in a new home in Mount Pleasant infill. I'll take a stadium over a Tractor Supply.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:27 PM

480 posts, read 503,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
I'll take a stadium over a Tractor Supply.
How dare you besmirch my favorite store. Nothing better than a weekend trip to Tractor Supply.

Anyone who bought in North Mount Pleasant for it's 'rural' feel is going to be in for a shock.
Moneill is right, you need to look at the master plan when buying. Even then, zoning changes. Just assume everything will be built out with as many houses/stores as they can persuade town into allowing. There's millions of dollars in them there woods.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:50 AM

92 posts, read 83,672 times
Someone mentioned that the new stadium is being paid for partially (50% or more) by the new sales tax. If so, do you think people would have approved if they new it was going to be used primarily for a stadium?

On other news, Laing was just named the best STEM school in the country.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky21 View Post
How dare you besmirch my favorite store. Nothing better than a weekend trip to Tractor Supply.

Anyone who bought in North Mount Pleasant for it's 'rural' feel is going to be in for a shock.
Moneill is right, you need to look at the master plan when buying. Even then, zoning changes. Just assume everything will be built out with as many houses/stores as they can persuade town into allowing. There's millions of dollars in them there woods.
I'm hoping for more mattress stores that are within walking distance. It's such a hassle every time I have to drive all the way to the mattress district near the Town Center every 8 years to get my new mattress.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougalmanitou View Post
Someone mentioned that the new stadium is being paid for partially (50% or more) by the new sales tax. If so, do you think people would have approved if they new it was going to be used primarily for a stadium?

On other news, Laing was just named the best STEM school in the country.
According to the Moultrie News article, the sale of the old middle school to Home Depot fully funds the stadium.
The authorization to build one was part of the original Yes for Schools thing we voted for a couple years ago.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:27 AM

480 posts, read 503,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
I'm hoping for more mattress stores that are within walking distance. It's such a hassle every time I have to drive all the way to the mattress district near the Town Center every 8 years to get my new mattress.
LOL

Nothing more convenient than walking home with a California King under your arm. If the neighbors catch a peek, even better. Let them know you're fancy people of financial means.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky21 View Post
LOL

Nothing more convenient than walking home with a California King under your arm. If the neighbors catch a peek, even better. Let them know you're fancy people of financial means.
Exactly!
Who wants to pay thousands of dollars on such exclusivity just to immediately hide it under sheets and blankets? Flaunt that thing a little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area