Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2008, 08:51 AM

9 posts, read 32,855 times

Advertisements

Hi -

We're brand new to SC and our 2005 Dodge Caravan has a problem with the heat/air system. Looks like we're going to need the air soon, so we need to get it fixed.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good Dodge mechanic that is reputable and fair priced? Would prefer not to go to a dealer, as we've had issues with dealer services in the past.

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 04:27 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,018,901 times
In Goose Creek? No. But I can recommend Eagle Automotive on DuPont Rd. in West Ashley, great service.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:21 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,472,385 times

Anchor Automotive Inc.

2247 Pinehurst Ave
Charleston, SC 29414
Phone: (843) 442-0648

Phillip Koontz, he's mobile and an ace mechanic... I've known him for many years

Old 03-04-2008, 11:23 PM

99 posts, read 354,907 times
Try Dave at Muckenfuss Garage 2047 North Main Street (843) 871-8632‎ near College Park rd. He is one of the most honest people you will ever meet. If he can't do it, he knows who can.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:45 PM

20 posts, read 85,264 times
My wife and I have always had great experiences with Mark's Super Service Center on Rivers Ave. in North Charleston. They even have a 10% off coupon available on their website for jobs $100 or more. Here you go: Mark's Super Center, welcome, auto service center, auto parts, automotive, oil change, Charleston, S.C.

- Jim

Old 03-13-2008, 08:59 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,472,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconley28 View Post
My wife and I have always had great experiences with Mark's Super Service Center on Rivers Ave. in North Charleston. They even have a 10% off coupon available on their website for jobs $100 or more. Here you go: Mark's Super Center, welcome, auto service center, auto parts, automotive, oil change, Charleston, S.C.

- Jim
I'd be careful with that one, they aren't the sharpest tacks on the newer electronic stuff and that is how everything today is controlled

from fuel injectors to transmission solenoids everything has a voltage reference with a wave pattern to be deciphered and many of the indy shops don't have a clue

I know people that have had to take a vehicle back to them multiple times for the same problems they kept charging more money for but couldn't fix

if you want to find a top rate shop ask a shop who their best electronics guy is... if they point to one guy walk away as fast as you can, they should ALL be very well versed in electronics to be able to diagnose anything correctly and timely built within the last 10 years

there's anywhere from 7 to 12 PCM's ECM's and ECU's on a vehicle today... those are all different on board computers that have to be able to talk to each other in order for any of them to work correctly, if you don't know ohms watts amps and voltage references/formula's close the hood and walk away

how do I know? I've been a mechanic for nearly 30 yrs and still go to all the schools I can get because this is an ever changing evolving environment

oh, and before anyone asks no I can't take on any work... I already work too many 16 hr days thank you

I know Phillip Koontz, Anchor Auto, because I've know his family for decades and we also worked in the same shop a few years before he opened his own business... he's a good wrench and a straight up fellow

Old 03-13-2008, 11:39 PM

20 posts, read 85,264 times
I can only speak of my personal experiences with them. Thankfully all have been good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area