Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 07:34 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,210,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Dunes West and Darrell Creek is exactly what you're talking about. They're both in Mount Pleasant.

And priced accordingly. The other hitch would be people working for (or being owners) for manufacturers/businesses in Summerville and beyond who doo not want to drive across the entire metro to get to the existing neighborhoods of this type in northern Mt P or South of West Ashley.

I'm in the same boat as one of the posters above. My house is fairly close to downtown and on .33 acres. I'm kinda over it at this point but cannot see anything else in my area with that lot size that isn't priced twice as high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 01:10 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,944,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
And priced accordingly. The other hitch would be people working for (or being owners) for manufacturers/businesses in Summerville and beyond who doo not want to drive across the entire metro to get to the existing neighborhoods of this type in northern Mt P or South of West Ashley.

I'm in the same boat as one of the posters above. My house is fairly close to downtown and on .33 acres. I'm kinda over it at this point but cannot see anything else in my area with that lot size that isn't priced twice as high.
Wouldn't your house be priced twice as high as well? Sounds like you're in a good position.

Old 06-02-2017, 08:43 AM

547 posts, read 1,196,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aetcas View Post
1 to 2 acre lots would be FANTASTIC. Every developer builds their homes as close as possible around here, and there is a definite lack of nice property with acreage, which is what we had been looking to find down here without success. What company do you work with? Any chance of doing something like this on the Berkeley County side as well, maybe around Cane Bay?

On the flip side, Johns Island is close to the beaches, so I think people are more willing to overlook the schools there than they would in Ridgeville.

Well we are moving forward with the deal in Ridgeville and Aetcas funny you mention it but we actually have another one that's just up the road from Cane Bay with minimum lot sizes of 100' x 300'. Eastwood Homes is the builder. Both positions will have homes 2300-3800 sq ft and we'll have some really nice larger ranch plans that we wouldn't normally be able to do on the typical 50' or 60' wide lot. I'm really excited about both communities

Old 06-02-2017, 10:13 AM

2,525 posts, read 1,946,200 times
Eastwood is a reputable Builder, they put together a solid house and have several good functional floorplans.

That area out there is about to go Boom....Prices are already increasing. Is this site near Bridlewood Farms ??

I would suggest to the OP, start gathering Comp Sales on larger than typical Parcels for when the Appraisers & Lenders get involved. A new house on a large lot might be puzzling to someone from out of the area.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:48 AM

It's on Carter road behind Bridlewood (Carolina Bay). We've already done all the comp analysis and it definitely pencils. Was more or less just taking some additional temperatures from people in the area. Almost all typical subdivision lots are 50' wide. Our lots here will be 150' wide

Old 06-02-2017, 10:56 AM

2,525 posts, read 1,946,200 times
Did you mention a Price Point for the new Eastwood Homes ??

Just out of curiosity.....how far away did you go for Comp Sales on Large Parcels ??

Old 06-02-2017, 11:54 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
If there's money to be made, urban sprawl will triumph. Expensive infrastructure. My standard is: can my kids walk to the neighbors easily??

Old 06-02-2017, 12:03 PM

we pulled comps from within the community as well as one next door. Kids would certainly be able to walk or ride bikes to neighbors etc. It's a gated community

Old 06-02-2017, 02:41 PM

370 posts, read 947,381 times
What is the name of your new community near Cane Bay? Sounds very intriguing:-) Great to see a builder who actually cares about offering bigger lot sizes!

Old 06-06-2017, 10:56 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,790,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
We always think of commuters as office workers but a bunch of the folks at Boeing, Bosch and the like are from cities where a 1 hour commute is typical. Living a little farther out does not phase those folks.
LOLNope. Life's too short to spend it stuck in traffic. But I lived in downtown Seattle before coming here partially for the commute since it was maybe 10 minutes each way so what do I know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area