Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 11:01 AM

480 posts, read 503,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtopplings View Post
It's not necessarily "high tech", just new... My understanding is that Park West pools are old and in disrepair.
So you have regular ol swimming water like the rest of us? Well that's disappointing.
I haven't been to Park West pools in a few years. I'll have to go see how old and junky they look now. I'll report back my findings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 11:27 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,944,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsNull View Post
There are two pools in Park West. A typical short course 25yd pool that supports the summer swim team and the zero entry pool for the younger kids. The zero entry portion has a fountain section to play in.

Neither pool is in disrepair. A third pool is being designed in addition to a office are for the onsite management company and meeting spaces for home owners. They will also be putting in a dedicated splash pad for the smaller kids. All of this is expected to begin construction this year.

Old only as in they were put in when the neighborhood was built. But it's not like you walk in and think oh now that's an old style pool. Both have had new gunite in the last several years. I will admit the chairs are due for replacement and I believe they are looking to move from the typical strap chairs to the webbing ones. The playground at the pools was replaced this year.

Dunes west has a full water slide at their pool.

While Park West does have a crabbing dock, it doesn't have a boat launch or a place to launch paddle boards or kayaks. It blows my mind that a developer would put a community like this in a coastal area with access to deep water and not include those things. Dunes West has a launch as does Brickyard. I'm not sure about CP.
The plan is for CP to have a kayak launch once the development reaches the river. It's too shallow for a boat launch which is probably the reason Park West doesn't have one. They're also claiming they'll put a kayak launch in the lake they're building as early as next summer.

Old 06-08-2017, 08:45 PM

3,591 posts, read 4,352,750 times
That's excellent news for CP. Park West has many deep water lots with docks and lifts. The developer just couldn't see his way to save one for community use. The crab dock is to tidal dependent to use as a small personal launch space.

Personally I'm not interested in lakepaddling. Give me the river or deep water tidal creeks any day.

Old 06-09-2017, 04:30 AM

515 posts, read 482,331 times
Bolden Lake is coming soon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S-V...ature=youtu.be

On the PW pools, I'm just going by the many many complaints about the pools on Nextdoor. Its more chairs/bathrooms, etc and crowding. Good that they are building a new one. I hope CP adds another one once the neighborhood fills out. I believe Riverside is slated to get their own pool/amenities.

Old 06-09-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
On the PW pools, I'm just going by the many many complaints about the pools on Nextdoor. Its more chairs/bathrooms, etc and crowding. Good that they are building a new one. I hope CP adds another one once the neighborhood fills out. I believe Riverside is slated to get their own pool/amenities.
Interesting, I went back through my Nextdoor feed and didn't find a single complaint going back several months.

There were complaints about three years ago when the management company wasn't doing a good job of the upkeep. They were fired, the issues corrected, and a new company has been maintaining the pools just fine. They changed them over to salt last year too.

Old 06-09-2017, 02:55 PM

I did find one! Complaints about kids rough housing and a request to add a chiller to the pool to keep the pool water cooler in the summer. Seems that Planter's point has one.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:21 PM

657 posts, read 738,739 times
Then go find the posts where people complained the chiller kept the pool too cold. Everyone complains about everything. To answer the original question, Rivertowne, CP, Park West, and Dunes West are all fine options. See what's available and meet the neighbors. What you want in the house and for what price should outweigh the kids part because they are all comparable.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:52 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Bolden Lake is coming soon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S-V...ature=youtu.be

That's all going to be at Caorlina park within a couple of years...you'll see. Live din a few new communities to see the cycle.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:12 PM

2,310 posts, read 2,957,105 times
Why on Earth would people want colder water in the pool......

Old 06-10-2017, 06:42 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,944,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
Why on Earth would people want colder water in the pool......
In the middle of summer it can feel like swimming in your own sweat. It can get like 95 degrees.
It's nothing I'd want to pay extra for though. If the pool's too hot, then do something else.
By the time the pool water is too hot I'm usually over going to the pool anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area