Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 10:17 AM

174 posts, read 652,108 times

Advertisements

Am moving to Del Webb Charleston located in Cane Bay Plantation in Summerville. Our house will be completed in Dec/07. We are moving from Cape Cod, MA. Is there anyone who has bought during the VIP presentation?

The site is now open to the public and would be interested to hear from anyone who is moving there or is interested in moving there.:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 09:56 PM

6 posts, read 60,086 times
I have been looking at the Del Webb community also. I have not been able to sell my home yet, but when I do I will head straight to Charleston and check it out in person. I have a couple of concerns about the no fence's rule. They will not even allow me to have a small court yard. I need this for my dog. I hate the idea of having to get up and leash her every time she needs to go out. I have always had dog doors and am a firm believer that animals should be able to potty on thier own schedule.
I also would like to plant my own trees. I am trying to decide if I could live without a dog when my sweet sasha dies. I know it would be a great place to make new friends and I am excited about sooo many activities. I love people and the outdoors. I am sure Del Webb would cover many of my needs for the future. I love hiking, swimming, and would just love to get into ballroom dancing. I would be excited to hear what you liked the best when you went there to buy and any information you would like to share would be appreciated. I am all ears in oregon....

Old 08-01-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Del Webb

Hi,

We have gone to Florida for many years but didn't like it...too far from the ocean...people too old. Never thought we would leave Cape Cod, Ma, but when we went to Charleston and saw what they had it was easy to make the decision. Downtown Charleston is jonly 25 minutes away....the ocean only 35 minutes away.
The town of Summerville has almost everything you would want. Other big Malls are close by. We wanted to live in a active Del Webb community but never liked the locations until now. The people there are great..friendly. We've been there twice and I already feel it's home. Can't wait to get there. Name it and they have it. We are in the process of selling our house here on the Cape and willleave just as soon as it's sold. Our house in Del Webb won't be ready intil Dec but we can rent.

We met some people who bought there...really nice. About 50% are from other states. Downtown Charleston is beautifulCalled a mini Boston) and very easy to get to.

Something to think about

Old 08-01-2007, 06:16 PM

890 posts, read 4,326,874 times
We drove out to Cane Bay just this past weekend. I hadn't been out there for months, since they first started the high school or did the front entrance. All I can say is WOW! I was very impressed. The entrance is gorgeous and once the neighborhoods start getting more developed the entire development is going to be beautiful. The Del Webb area was stunning. It is definitely a place that I would consider living one day and the location is good too. You're going to love it there.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:40 AM

Default Del Wbb

When we first went there, there wasn't an entrance to Cane Bay. The next time we went you could get into Del Webb. You did have to have an imagination, but we know how beautiful Del Webb builds their communties. Wish I lived closer so I could see how it's progressing. They are also thinking of putting a road from 26 to Del Webb so you wouldn't have to drive through the whole plantation to get there. They going to build a Tident medical center and a supermarket(Publix..Bi Lo?)

Old 08-02-2007, 07:30 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,776,328 times
Default Photo of entrance to Del Webb at Cane Bay Plantation

Here is a photo of the Del Webb Entrance taken a few weeks ago
Attached Thumbnails
Del Webb/Charleston-copy-delwebbentrance1.jpg  

Old 08-02-2007, 08:38 AM

890 posts, read 4,326,874 times
That picture was taken on the right side of the entrance to Del Webb, the left side is even better. A large brick walled entrance with tons of landscaping and sodded green grass. I"ll see if I can try to get back out there and snap a few current pics. The front entry of Cane Bay now has a large brick grand entrance on both sides and it appears that it is going to have some type of either flowing water or a fountain running through it. It's going to be gorgeous. The amount of trees and the sizes of them that they planted along the entrance and the main road through the development is unbelievable.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:45 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,776,328 times
Default Del Webb Photos

Here are two more photos of the new Del Webb Community at Cane Bay Plantation
Attached Thumbnails
Del Webb/Charleston-delwebbmodels.jpg   Del Webb/Charleston-delwebbmodels2.jpg  

Old 08-03-2007, 06:42 AM

Smile Del Webb

Thanks for the pictures. The model homes were just framed when we were there, Our house is the second from the left. (the one with some brick)

The houses range from largest to smallest(left-right) in the model park. It's amazing how fast they built these houses. Depending on the house you pick, will determine where it will be built. There are 3 series of houses and each series has it's own location. (Hope thst makes sense to you) They didn't want to mix the larger home with the smaller homes. There is a house for everyone. And there are so many nice locatioins..with lagoons or berns in the back. If you have ever looked in 50+ retirement communities, the houses are back to back for thr mosy part. Didn't like that very much.

Getting anxious to get there!!

Old 08-04-2007, 03:55 PM

6 posts, read 60,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella2 View Post
Hi,

We have gone to Florida for many years but didn't like it...too far from the ocean...people too old. Never thought we would leave Cape Cod, Ma, but when we went to Charleston and saw what they had it was easy to make the decision. Downtown Charleston is jonly 25 minutes away....the ocean only 35 minutes away.
The town of Summerville has almost everything you would want. Other big Malls are close by. We wanted to live in a active Del Webb community but never liked the locations until now. The people there are great..friendly. We've been there twice and I already feel it's home. Can't wait to get there. Name it and they have it. We are in the process of selling our house here on the Cape and willleave just as soon as it's sold. Our house in Del Webb won't be ready intil Dec but we can rent.

We met some people who bought there...really nice. About 50% are from other states. Downtown Charleston is beautifulCalled a mini Boston) and very easy to get to.

Something to think about
Thanks so much for the information, I can't wait to see the area in person. I hope they have something for singles so I will not feel like a fifth wheel. If I purchase there I will also rent while my home is under construction. I hiked in the mountains here last weekend just above some rapids and I am sure I will miss my beautiful mountains and rugged scenery. I know the charleston area has a lot to offer that will make up for what I leave behind. I am excited to see the beautiful beaches and lovely trees and greenery around the Del Webb community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area