Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 03:50 PM

973 posts, read 915,331 times

Advertisements

You can get better steak and Italian in NYC. Instead, focus on the seafood and BBQ here, where the style is very regional and not something you'll likely find up there.

For BBQ, it's hard to go wrong, but you should consider Swig n Swine (love the mac'n cheese), Lewis (TX style brisket), or Rodney Scott's. Home Team doesn't disappoint either.

You can find good friend chicken and Southern food in places like Jestine's or Martha Lou's.

Seafood? Oh boy, there's a lot of that here. I'll leave that for others to fill your head.

Add 167 Raw and High Cotton to the aforementioned list of the fancy restaurants on East Bay and Meeting for a good meal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 12:42 PM

480 posts, read 504,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonahWicky View Post
In no particular order:
Hall's
McCrady's
Husk
Fig
Charleston Grill (my current #1)
Hank's Seafood
The Ordinary (#1 1/2)
Spero (hidden gem!)
Edmund's Oast
Lewis BBQ
Slightly North of Broad

I could go on and on, but you only have a week!
1 week eating, 3 months paying the credit card bill

Old 11-09-2017, 02:42 PM

973 posts, read 915,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky21 View Post
Gotta live life man, and live it big

Old 11-09-2017, 03:24 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
Just got home from a few days in Charleston. Our take-

Hank's- Outstanding. My husband's favorite grilled prawns ever. Excellent service, beautiful room, but loud. Close together.
Anson- Very good. Warm, personal service, gorgeous decor. Had the signature flounder, loved it. Husband's steak was good. Meh
FIG- Next level shizz. The server was amazing, explained dishes and made A+ suggestions. Fish stew! INCREDIBLE food.
Toast- Will absolutely return for breakfast. Great food, friendly staff, freshly squeezed OJ, outstanding French toast and benes.
Early Bird Diner- Best breakfast scramble I have ever tasted. Eggs, potatoes, bacon and mushrooms w/fresh green tomato salsa.
Amen St.- Saltiest crab cake of my life. Inedible.
Fleet Landing- Food is fine, no complaints. It is what it is, which is a great location and super scenic bar and deck.
Fuel- If you head to Hominy Grill and don't want to wait in line, cross the street and thank me later. Best grilled fish and pineapple salsa tacos I have ever eaten.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:38 PM

2,336 posts, read 2,568,656 times
Quote:
Well, the OP didn't put any budget on the suggestions! Sure, some are expensive but they're worth the price.

On the other hand, you can order everything on the Spero menu for around $150 (not that you'd need that much food). When we go with 4 people, we usually get the Bread and Butter flight plus all of the small plates. Everyone leaves full for less than $80 total. Can't beat that! The decor is funky and simple, but the food is amazing!

Old 11-09-2017, 11:07 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times
Skip all the same old same olds and go to Sesame Burger, preferably the Mount Pleasant one. Grassfed beef and farm chicken, great milkshakes, and they have the best pickles on the planet. Probably the best value in the whole metro when it comes to quality, portions, and price.

Old 11-11-2017, 01:57 PM

96 posts, read 84,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffypoopoo View Post
^
If you're willing to drive a bit, Obstinate Daughter is fantastic too!
Obstinate Daughter is fantastic. This would be my first choice.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:55 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,561,309 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonahWicky View Post
Well, the OP didn't put any budget on the suggestions! Sure, some are expensive but they're worth the price.

On the other hand, you can order everything on the Spero menu for around $150 (not that you'd need that much food). When we go with 4 people, we usually get the Bread and Butter flight plus all of the small plates. Everyone leaves full for less than $80 total. Can't beat that! The decor is funky and simple, but the food is amazing!

I'm a NYC and Philly gal so I can't imagine I'll get to bad of a case of sticker shock. I'd definitely rather pay and have a good meal.

also even though I'm in town for the week, Wednesday, thanksgiving and possibly black friday will be eating at my Aunt's so I'll go "large" for 2 or 3 meals

Old 11-11-2017, 08:01 PM

2,336 posts, read 2,568,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post

I'm a NYC and Philly gal so I can't imagine I'll get to bad of a case of sticker shock. I'd definitely rather pay and have a good meal.

also even though I'm in town for the week, Wednesday, thanksgiving and possibly black friday will be eating at my Aunt's so I'll go "large" for 2 or 3 meals
Don't wait until the last minute to make reservations. Some of these places can be booked up well in advance.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:11 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
True. I was surprised how many have community tables, though-even Hank's and FIG. First come, first served.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area