Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 07:35 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,663,581 times

Advertisements

Yes I was talking about the GC Publix. I need to find a complete layout on how that area is going to look when it's finished. Just because I'm curious like that. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 07:45 PM

267 posts, read 812,920 times
We moved here in December from Pittsburgh and absolutely LOVE it. Close enough to the beach and downtown, but away from the prices and weather. This is just a nice, nice town with good schools and if you drive out of town you're in the country again. It's big enough to have shopping and restaurants and a little "downton", but not so big that it's overwhelming.

The only downside is that there are Yankees moving in all the time Yes, I'm one of them, but we're definitely NOT trying to change anything here. We feel blessed to be here and welcome all the cultural and social differences that come with living in the South. My seven-year-old daughter is all about the "yes, ma'ams" and "no, sirs" already, and it makes me smile.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:22 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,983,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvsdabeach View Post
I need to find a complete layout on how that area is going to look when it's finished. Just because I'm curious like that. lol
Need no more and just b/c your curious lol.

Lincoln Harris | Property Details - The Market at Carnes Crossroads
check out the documents links

Carnes Crossroads, Real-Estate (http://www.carnescharleston.com/real-estate.aspx - broken link)

Old 03-21-2008, 07:36 AM

890 posts, read 4,316,938 times
Wow, that's going to be nice!

Old 03-21-2008, 05:48 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,663,581 times
Cool!! Thanks!

Old 03-23-2008, 06:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,250 times
Summervile is a beautiful town with great charm...Having grown up in Mt. Pleasant, I can honestly say that Summerville is kinda similar to Old Mt. Pleasant in that it's not grown up YET. My family lives near Knightsville and the only thing bad that I have to say is the traffic is horrible in the afternoon..that's it.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:55 PM

1 posts, read 4,178 times
Default Love Summerville

Someone mention a "town center" . . . Summerville may be on the way to one very soon:
Summerville-Dorchester News: Developers propose upscale amenities for town center
The Cane Bay development may be a little out of the way if you'd like to be in Summerville proper. There's a beautiful development near the proposed town center, on hwy 78 near the Berlin Meyers Parkway; "Branch Creek". They have Charleston style homes that look very nice, and you can't get much closer to "downtown" Summerville.

Cheers!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:00 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,462,130 times
it'd be easier to answer what I don't like about S'Ville.... nothing I can think of and I've lived here for years n years

I've lived in most places in the lowcountry, downtown chas, west ashley, james is., goose creek, n.chas, mt.p, s'ville... and know the other areas pretty well too

after feeding my oats and running the natural course of a young buck I can't think of a better place to settle down than S'Ville

but that's just IMHO

Old 04-04-2008, 09:09 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,462,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scjj View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

I can't stand that new STOP sign !!!! if you see someone dragging it behind a truck in the middle of the night, just wave to me... lol

Old 04-08-2008, 02:46 PM

11 posts, read 33,150 times
Summerville is a great little town. It has everything you need within reach. I live in Sunburst Lakes off of Orangeburg road. I have an elementary school 1 mile from the house and a middle school about 3 minutes away. We also have a new Publix grocery, two drug stores, and several small restaurants within a 1 mile range. Sunburst lakes is also a fairly small community with around 100 homes, swimming pool, playground, and only 1 way in or out (makes for zero through traffic). I have a 12 year old daughter and I have no problem letting her loose to ride her bike or go to the park. The homes are also reasonably priced for the square footage with a lot of them backing up to protected forest land for privacy. We also love that we can get to "downtown" Summerville in about 10 minutes with access to a new Target, Movie Theatre, Best Buy and lots more!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area