Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:46 AM

12 posts, read 57,542 times

Advertisements

I love Bellezza Salon & Spa in West Ashley off Sam Ritt. Everyone there is wonderful, upscale atmosphere, but very comfortable & welcoming. Prices are reasonable too depending on who you see. (b/w $45-55) for a cut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 10:24 PM

10 posts, read 47,965 times
i have lived here for going on five years now, and believe me i have had some true nightmares. i have longer hair that i like layered a bit, blonde highlights, and the dark dimensional look underneath, however nothing gawdy (trust me)
anyway, i could write a book on the subject. there was even a time my hair was so bad i flew back home to get my hair done (1,000 miles up north)
oh p.s. NEVER go to Martha's in Summerville!
i have been just about everywhere, even to downtown Charleston, and never 100% satisfied.
One Saturday, my girlfriend asked me to take a ride with her to get her hair done in believe it or not: Walterboro. As i was sitting there i noticed the man (Mitchell) who she had an appointment with finishing up with another girl, and i have to say her hair looked fabulous and i knew right then and there he's the one that would be doing my hair from now on. I take the 30 minute drive to Walterboro from Summerville every six weeks or so with a smile on my face knowing my hair is going to look fabulous. He's awesome from the color, the cut and the style. Simply amazing and he always makes my hair look sexy too. Plus he is very reasonable! He's fun, upbeat and always makes me laugh and feel comfortable. They even offer you a Mimosa while getting your hair done Also Mitchell has an instinct with just by looking at you he can figure out what would look best on you (colors too dark, too light, etc also made me look and feel younger) So finally no more mistakes (hair too blonde, too dark, too short) just absolutely perfect. He should be in LA or Hollywood doing hair, as he is that good I have never had more compliments on my hair and I just can't say enough good things about him.
I have never been happier with my hair
Salon 401
651 Bells Hwy
Walterboro, SC
843-549-9283
Mitchell Headdon
Sylist/Owner

Old 04-17-2008, 07:20 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,451,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy2 View Post
i have lived here for going on five years now, and believe me i have had some true nightmares. i have longer hair that i like layered a bit, blonde highlights, and the dark dimensional look underneath, however nothing gawdy (trust me)
anyway, i could write a book on the subject. there was even a time my hair was so bad i flew back home to get my hair done (1,000 miles up north)
oh p.s. NEVER go to Martha's in Summerville!
i have been just about everywhere, even to downtown Charleston, and never 100% satisfied.
One Saturday, my girlfriend asked me to take a ride with her to get her hair done in believe it or not: Walterboro. As i was sitting there i noticed the man (Mitchell) who she had an appointment with finishing up with another girl, and i have to say her hair looked fabulous and i knew right then and there he's the one that would be doing my hair from now on. I take the 30 minute drive to Walterboro from Summerville every six weeks or so with a smile on my face knowing my hair is going to look fabulous. He's awesome from the color, the cut and the style. Simply amazing and he always makes my hair look sexy too. Plus he is very reasonable! He's fun, upbeat and always makes me laugh and feel comfortable. They even offer you a Mimosa while getting your hair done Also Mitchell has an instinct with just by looking at you he can figure out what would look best on you (colors too dark, too light, etc also made me look and feel younger) So finally no more mistakes (hair too blonde, too dark, too short) just absolutely perfect. He should be in LA or Hollywood doing hair, as he is that good I have never had more compliments on my hair and I just can't say enough good things about him.
I have never been happier with my hair
Salon 401
651 Bells Hwy
Walterboro, SC
843-549-9283
Mitchell Headdon
Sylist/Owner
Wow! After reading a review like that, I bet Mitchell will be flooded with new customers.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:25 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,451,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher33 View Post
oh i feel your pain emily. what are we going to do?? please continue to post if you find a good stylist and if i find anyone, i promise to let everyone know.

one person i should give a good review is bella amie on james island. kari used to do a great job on my hair but then she had a baby and took some time off. i think she's back now and i plan on going back. she was the best and i think i paid her $55 w/ tip which is significantly cheaper than the $70 i seem to pay everywhere else. so give her a shot! off the connecter, take a right, right next to an obgyn's office on the right. it's cute inside too. it's her and the owner and i've heard the owner does a great job too. she's really nice and took the time to do it right. very attentive to detail.
Thank-you fisher33! : ) Kari at Bella Amie cut my hair today and she did a pretty good job....much better than the high priced cut I got downtown at Stella Nova . She did listen and I can tell she has the skills. She asked that I give her two cuts so that she can see how my hair behaves and said I could come back if I didn't like anything that couldn't wait until the next cut and she'd fix it. It looks a little puffier than I'd like but she blew it dry and she said she thought I'd like it better after it calms down or I wash it and just let
it dry. Another thing I liked is she charged me a fair, for this area anyway, price--- (even though I was used to paying even less in Newport..... but still, the price for the work done was a lot better than what Stella Nova charged which was half again as much). So I gave her a 20% tip on top of that. (I told her you recommended her. She asked who you were and I said I didn't know and she'd have to come to the forum and try to figure it out. LOL )

Old 04-30-2008, 05:36 PM

39 posts, read 209,791 times
Default Stella Nova in Mt. P.

The best haircut I've gotten around here was by Jesalyn at Stella Nova in the Towne Center. I have very fine, straight hair, and it's apparently very hard to cut layers into my hair without them looking choppy and uneven. But Jesalyn did an awesome job giving me a layered cut. Also had my hair done there for my wedding, and it looked perfect, but I don't remember who did the updo. I highly recommend the Mt. P. location!

Old 05-29-2008, 08:46 AM

1,294 posts, read 6,485,312 times
haha - I am just now reading this emilybh. have you been back to kari? i stopped going to her after she had her son so she probably wouldn't remember me. i liked her a lot, but wanted to try a new place someone recommended to me and then it wasn't good and then i felt weird about going back to her...i'm weird about that. so it had been a while since i had been there, but i really liked what she did to my hair.

I did go back to Joseph Salon again and the lady there did a better job than she did the first time.

i saw the post on indulgence and am taking my mom there today; hence why i was reading the hair salon thread again! i'll let everyone know!

Old 05-29-2008, 07:06 PM

1,294 posts, read 6,485,312 times
we went to belleza instead of indulgence today and i love it and my mom's hair looked great. we saw brittany. she was wonderful - so i 2nd belleza!!!

Old 05-29-2008, 11:09 PM

14 posts, read 72,467 times
There is a website that lists all the stylists and salons in South Carolina. I think it is www Hair.sc it lets you click on a map and see everyone. Maybe it will help someone?

chrisstum

Last edited by ChrisStum; 05-29-2008 at 11:18 PM..

Old 06-18-2008, 09:09 AM

355 posts, read 1,449,491 times
So on a great recommendation from a former Charleston resident, I went to Salon Couture on King this past weekend.

Carol, one of the owners did my hair and it's pretty close to perfect. I had to come home and re-tone it but that's not a big deal. $125 for partial highlights, a deal in my opinion. Check it out.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:59 AM

4 posts, read 40,132 times
I searched around for two years in the Summerville area before I found a hairdresser I liked. I would even take pictures of myself with me to show the hairdresser how to cut my hair, but most of the time even that didn't help totally. They all wanted to leave my hair too long.
If you get a good haircut that you like, I would seriously recommend taking both front and back pictures of it and taking that with you. The lady I ended up with actually kept a copy of the pictures for reference. After a few times she didn't need them, but after explaining that I had two years of bad haircut experience in Summerville, she wanted to do a good job. It worked, I used her for five years and she even attended my wedding.
She is probally out of your way, but here is her info:

Joyce Battles
Kuts2Kut
Old Trolley Road
Summerville, SC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area