Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 06:24 PM

85 posts, read 372,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace12100 View Post
I love Bellezza Salon & Spa in West Ashley off Sam Ritt. Everyone there is wonderful, upscale atmosphere, but very comfortable & welcoming. Prices are reasonable too depending on who you see. (b/w $45-55) for a cut.
I had a good experience here too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 06:44 PM

1,294 posts, read 6,486,017 times
bellezza is great

Old 09-11-2008, 09:52 PM

17 posts, read 56,171 times
I went to Stela Nova in Summerville today, ending up seeing Nikki. Got a pretty good cut, dosent look like it was just cut, she did exactly what I asked for. It was $55. Id def go back to her.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:38 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,327,603 times
My wife goes to the salon in Down Town Summerville on Short Central Ave, right next to the 'Poledancing Studio'. She loves that place, the salon not the poledancers.

Tells me she is going to get stupider, yes she goes blonder....

Old 09-12-2008, 09:31 AM

355 posts, read 1,449,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post

Tells me she is going to get stupider, yes she goes blonder....
Nice.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:26 PM

308 posts, read 1,041,765 times
Update: I know this thread is a bit old, but I got my best haircut today! (I posted on a recent thread looking for someone for hair color that Noelle at Stella Nova in Mt P did a good job for my daughter), so I scheduled a cut with her which happened today. I'm thrilled... could be the best cut I've had in years.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:46 PM

1,294 posts, read 6,486,017 times
good! i love this thread; it's very helpful! my husband and i moved in june to dallas (just for a year) and i JUST found a good hair salon and girl to cut my hair! it's SO hard!! anyway - thanks for the info!

Old 02-05-2009, 02:55 PM

4 posts, read 23,354 times
Default Thanks for the advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy2 View Post
i have lived here for going on five years now, and believe me i have had some true nightmares. i have longer hair that i like layered a bit, blonde highlights, and the dark dimensional look underneath, however nothing gawdy (trust me)
anyway, i could write a book on the subject. there was even a time my hair was so bad i flew back home to get my hair done (1,000 miles up north)
oh p.s. NEVER go to Martha's in Summerville!
i have been just about everywhere, even to downtown Charleston, and never 100% satisfied.
One Saturday, my girlfriend asked me to take a ride with her to get her hair done in believe it or not: Walterboro. As i was sitting there i noticed the man (Mitchell) who she had an appointment with finishing up with another girl, and i have to say her hair looked fabulous and i knew right then and there he's the one that would be doing my hair from now on. I take the 30 minute drive to Walterboro from Summerville every six weeks or so with a smile on my face knowing my hair is going to look fabulous. He's awesome from the color, the cut and the style. Simply amazing and he always makes my hair look sexy too. Plus he is very reasonable! He's fun, upbeat and always makes me laugh and feel comfortable. They even offer you a Mimosa while getting your hair done Also Mitchell has an instinct with just by looking at you he can figure out what would look best on you (colors too dark, too light, etc also made me look and feel younger) So finally no more mistakes (hair too blonde, too dark, too short) just absolutely perfect. He should be in LA or Hollywood doing hair, as he is that good I have never had more compliments on my hair and I just can't say enough good things about him.
I have never been happier with my hair
Salon 401
651 Bells Hwy
Walterboro, SC
843-549-9283
Mitchell Headdon
Sylist/Owner

( I have thick long curly/wavy/dry/frizzy Italian hair.) I've tried budget places. Horrible cuts. I've tried Stella Nova in West Ashley with DISASTEROUS results. I have never gone to the same place twice as I've never had a good haircut. Ever. I decided to try Mitchell at Salon 401 based on reading this thread. I was leary, hoping this was not one of those planted posts. Mitchell gave me an outstanding cut. And he is such a friendly, sincere person as well. I am definitely returning. Thanks city-data posters!!

Old 04-29-2009, 04:19 PM

2 posts, read 11,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Thanks. Oh it would be great if I could get it done there! It would be so much more convenient than having to go downtown.
I travel from Atlanta for Kari to cut my hair. she is everything Fisher said and more.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:22 PM

2 posts, read 11,982 times
You are right about Kari. I drive from Atlanta for Kari to cut my hair. She's great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area