Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 02:53 PM

1 posts, read 8,856 times

Advertisements

Hey I have heard a lot of good things about a new salon in Mt.pleasant called Tresses if you need a good haircut. They all do a lot of great training and traveling. They're priced very well and they are extremely personable. All of them take the time with you to figure out exactly what you are looking for/want/need. The number is 843.856.2550
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 03:01 PM

36 posts, read 84,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt.pgirl View Post
Hey I have heard a lot of good things about a new salon in Mt.pleasant called Tresses if you need a good haircut. They all do a lot of great training and traveling. They're priced very well and they are extremely personable. All of them take the time with you to figure out exactly what you are looking for/want/need. The number is 843.856.2550
I got a great cut/color by Amy at Tresses. She's a sweetheart! My son's teacher has the cutest hair, she gave me the recommendation. I found their prices really reasonable.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:12 PM

416 posts, read 1,632,582 times
love lava salon in west ashley. also have been pleased with urban nirvana in WA too...

Old 09-20-2009, 07:22 AM

194 posts, read 645,494 times
My wife really loves the Strawberry Blonde Salon on Magnolia Road. The owner (which is male and I can't remember his name) cuts her hair and she loves him. He sits down and listens to what you want and makes the experience enjoyable. Home

Old 12-10-2009, 10:31 AM

2 posts, read 17,139 times
I am definitely going to give Mitchell a call and hope for a personal miracle! Thanks for the lead....I have a short, stacked bob and very thick, highlighted blonde hair. The color is always too yellow and the cut is never blended quite right. I really, really hope that Mitchell can work some holiday magic on this do of mine! I have been looking for a "commitment" with a stylist in the Charleston/Mt. Pleasant area for nine years now......ridiculously bad experiences have plagued me the entire time. I'm tired of looking and was ready to give up completely. I will gladly drive an hour to see a person who can give me the no fuss, low maintenance cut I am seeking!!! And color, well, I'd like my view to be a little less yellow, to say the very least! Stay tuned......

Old 12-10-2009, 04:39 PM

144 posts, read 449,451 times
I would NEVER EVER EVER recommend the lady at Strawberry Blonde. She was TERRIBLE, by far the worst hair experience I've ever had in my life. The sun had given my brown hair a reddish tint so I wanted it colored a sandier brown. After 3+ hours I didn't want to waste any more time having her dry it so I went home with it wet. When it dried I found she dyed the tips of my hair blue!! I immediately took pictures: DSC03274 (http://www.screencast.com/t/ODYyOTAzZ - broken link) I go to Hair Du Jour on JI. Not much to look at as far as location goes, but the girl that does my hair (Natalie) is great.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:06 PM

2 posts, read 17,139 times
OK ladies, get ready! If you're looking for the best hair stylist in the Charleston area, look no further than Salon 401's very own Mitchell Headdon. I had the great pleasure of working with him for the very first time this past Tuesday and let me tell ya, this man is nothing short of a miracle worker! First of all, as soon as you hit the salon door, all of the salon folks greet you warmly and sincerely.....you can actually feel the positive energy throughout the salon. Mitchell, besides having immeasurable talent, is also just as sincerely nice and giving a person as you could ever hope to meet. This place and man have healing powers people! So, if you've had one terrible hair experience after another, like I have over the past 9 years, look no further than Walterboro's Salon 401 and Mitchell Headdon. Special mention: Mitchell is also a total over-achiever.....the man can make any woman feel GORGEOUS via his salon skills, run a photography biz whose photos rival some of the best I've ever seen and design a Christmas tree that even the most seasoned interior designer would envy (picture included/I attached it, hope it comes through)!!! Seriously ladies, this is it.....the salon and stylist we've ALL been looking for.....he's brilliant whether your need is cut or color, extensions, etc. Finally, I can make a commitment to a stylist! I have very thick, coarse, overprocessed blonde locks and by the time I left Mitchell, my hair was silky, light as a feather and blended thanks to his scissor magic. He also did WONDERS for my hair color.....I no longer appear jaundiced.....I actually have a radiant glow to my complexion and it's all because of his choice of colors to use for highlighting and lowlighting. Here's the info should anyone be interested:

Salon 401
Mitchell Headdon
651 Bells Hwy
Walterboro, SC 29488
843-549-9283

Best hair salons-salon-401-xmas-tree-december-2009.jpg
Happy Holidays....hope y'all find your own little Christmas miracle!
Anne Warren

Old 01-01-2010, 10:16 PM

355 posts, read 1,449,413 times
Gotta give another HUGE thumbs down to Strawberry Blonde. Not only has my hair been trashed by a stylist there a couple of years ago but I've got a co-worker who was sexually harrassed about six months ago by the male owner. Not good.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:01 AM

2 posts, read 11,125 times
Default Salon 401

Is this Salon 401 everything I've read? I just want to make sure it's not some advertisement Gotta be careful these days, because my hair is at it's worse. With the worst coloring ever...thanks to Famous Hair and a perm my daughter the cosmotologist put in, I'm in complete ruins. I haven't had a real hair dresser in 15 years after she relocated, but I've been searching since...with horrible results! Any help would be so appreciated! I need someone that's good with totally damaged hair!! Thanks in advance!

Old 05-19-2010, 06:08 PM

160 posts, read 534,171 times
I had the most wonderful experience with Kaitlyn Thomas at High Maintenance at 802 Coleman Blvd. She trained with Tony&Guy in London and is very talented when it comes to color and highlights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area