U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 02:34 PM

2,810 posts, read 2,806,446 times

Advertisements

I get it delivered to my house, and I am still young. I like the sports, local news, and business. They are very liberal, and I am conservative, but I like the paper and the editorials are always entertaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2018, 04:57 AM

6 posts, read 783 times
I miss the P&C. Loved it when I lived there. Up here it is The State and man oh man, it is piece of junk newspaper.

Old 10-02-2018, 11:50 AM

2,866 posts, read 4,018,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
I get it delivered to my house, and I am still young. I like the sports, local news, and business. They are very liberal, and I am conservative, but I like the paper and the editorials are always entertaining.
The Post and Courier has always been an oddball mix- its basically a conservative paper that wants to make exceptions to conservative policies when they actually impact Charleston. Its been owned by the same local family forever. The fact that they blow every other potential development or construction job up on the front page while completely failing to mention the ginormous apartment/retail/parking/office building they wedged on their own postage stamp also annoys me to no end.

But I will give them credit for decent coverage of local issues.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:20 PM

238 posts, read 211,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post

is your paper actually delivered regularly? I ask because pretty much everyone I know that still has a subscription has trouble actually getting it delivered. My parents for example, as of the last Monday in September had 11 missed deliveries. They have a couple of elderly neighbors who sometimes will go a week or more at a time without getting a single paper.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:29 AM

1,085 posts, read 531,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock303 View Post
is your paper actually delivered regularly? I ask because pretty much everyone I know that still has a subscription has trouble actually getting it delivered. My parents for example, as of the last Monday in September had 11 missed deliveries. They have a couple of elderly neighbors who sometimes will go a week or more at a time without getting a single paper.
My mother in laws was not delivered yesterday and this happens a lot.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:27 AM

34 posts, read 15,399 times
I have had the P&C delivered to my home in Summerville since the beginning of May when we moved here. Only had one undelivered day and that was in the first week. Since then I have had no problems with it being there. My thing is that I wish they can throw it closer to my front steps.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:13 PM

248 posts, read 88,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johninsc View Post
I miss the P&C. Loved it when I lived there. Up here it is The State and man oh man, it is piece of junk newspaper.
Or you could just read FreeTimes. Literally owned by the same people as the P&C... And all their articles are -gasp- free...

Old 10-06-2018, 05:54 AM

1,911 posts, read 1,674,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonCoombes View Post
Or you could just read FreeTimes. Literally owned by the same people as the P&C... And all their articles are -gasp- free...
Looks like Columbia news to me. Never mind.

Old 10-06-2018, 08:44 AM

248 posts, read 88,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Looks like Columbia news to me. Never mind.
I think they have Charleston news if you look in the archives section.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area