U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-28-2018, 05:55 AM
Status: "JOBS NOT MOBS!" (set 9 days ago)
 
2,900 posts, read 488,095 times
Reputation: 1505

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
yeah damn Republicans love that angry Hitler routine. It brings the house down every time. Doesn't he have a war to promote? he's just another Trump ass kisser that will do whatever it takes to support the bat**** crazy base. one day I'll leave South Carolina and won't miss it a damn bit because it's full of these kinds of people who are dividers and not uniters and are not looking for the truth but just looking to help themselves.
Have no doubt that the leftists are the socialist, communist hitleresque. I'd rather see a politician who is passionate about what they speak of get loud than a pc one talk calmly all the while doing their evil deeds in private.

 
Old 09-28-2018, 06:03 AM
 
585 posts, read 451,028 times
Reputation: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
Being outraged is more fun than trying to get to the truth. One thing is certain. Either Kavanaugh or Ford are lying straight up.
Who is trying to get to the truth when they sit on a letter for 6+ weeks? They talked to everyone Ford named and everyone denied, including her own friend. Find a new news source
 
Old 09-28-2018, 06:08 AM
Status: "It takes a lot of balls to golf like me" (set 8 days ago)
 
Location: Charleston, SC
3,938 posts, read 3,186,123 times
Reputation: 3394
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
oh so you do want to have a civil conversation? well let's do this. Let's start with the pro-life I have the right to control your body conversation. Then we can go on to the I'm a Christian and your religion doesn't matter conversation. I didn't say he shouted Hitler. I said he used the the old Hitler routine where you just get louder and louder until you're screaming. Rather than Raise Your Voice reinforce your argument
That's best saved for the politics thread. My personal views are probably in line with yours on most issues.
 
Old 09-28-2018, 06:10 AM
Status: "It takes a lot of balls to golf like me" (set 8 days ago)
 
Location: Charleston, SC
3,938 posts, read 3,186,123 times
Reputation: 3394
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Remember a few weeks back when Cory Booker of NJ made some heated/emotional statement at the Kavanaugh hearings and most people chalked it up to theatrics?

Senator Graham just gave Booker a lesson in drama.
I feel that Booker was emotional (and allowed to be emotional), I feel that most politicians get into politics because they have a passion for it. Sometimes its good to see those emotions flying around a room. Regardless of party lines.

Captiol Hill can be a very boring dry place most days. This week has stirred the pots of anger, sadness, etc...
 
Old 09-28-2018, 06:14 AM
 
2,962 posts, read 2,870,888 times
Reputation: 2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
Either Kavanaugh or Ford are lying straight up.
At this point, I don't care who is lying. Judge Kavanaugh is unfit to serve on the highest court in the land. What ever happened to judicial temperament? No judge should be attacking Republican or Demoratic parties. The Judicial Branch stands alone with a supposed air of neutrality.

That's gone when Judge Kavanaugh is put on the bench. He didn't need to go on his rant. That was the Republican Caucus' job (the Lindsey Grahams and Chuck Grassleys of the party). Not his job. It was shameful.

If you ask me, Kavanaugh did a lot of talking about how much he loves beer. He was rather belligerent when he was asked about his drinking habits. I think it should be a legitimate concern. Listen, I didn't drink much when I was a teenager or in my early 20s, but even someone with a bit of control - I got stumbling drunk a few times. Now, we are talking about a guy that had a 100-keg goal and was doing this often and to excess. And he wants to claim he has a crystal clear memory of all of the times he was drinking?

And his evidence are calendars where he claims they were "forward looking and backward looking." He claims he'd put on a calendar his plans and then he'd edit them if they changed afterwards (I crossed off missed workouts). So, because he didn't add on a calendar entry for a Friday or Saturday night "Drank a keg, attempted rape, good times" - we are to simply believe that?

And I know it was uncomfortable to do so, but Kavanaugh should have been asked about his yearbook entry about his goal of a "Devil's Triangle." So, that's what some people call slang for "Two Guys on One Girl." Wow... funny that is nearly what was going on according to Dr. Ford... Even better - during the hearing, after Kavanaugh claimed "Devil's Triangle" was a drinking game, the wiki entry was changed by someone with an IP from a Congressional Office to reflect this. Very sheisty there.

It isn't a criminal court - if it was, they'd actually investigate this nonsense. It is a job interview. There are doubts. There are plenty of other candidates out there. And before I hear "Democrats will just do this again!" - First off, that assumes Democrats made this up. Second, they didn't do it to Neil Gorsuch and that was less than 18 months ago. They had a better reason to be upset about a "stolen" seat. And the Senate has also confirmed 3 other male justices since Clarence Thomas' "high tech lynching." Roberts, Breyer and Alito didn't have these problems. Maybe because... you know... they didn't sexually assault anybody. Same with Gorsuch.

On a job interview, you don't have a presumption of qualifications (aka: innocence). The burden of proof is on the candidate not on the employer. You don't walk into an interview and say "I'm not providing proof that I have a doctorate and wrote 17 papers on this subject - you go prove it."

There are more questions than answers. Unfortunately, political rhetoric is taking over. Republicans played a great game yesterday and gave their senators "cover" to vote for a questionable nominee. And that's what we will be stuck with for 30 years.

Nominate someone else.
 
Old 09-28-2018, 06:15 AM
 
2,962 posts, read 2,870,888 times
Reputation: 2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I feel that Booker was emotional (and allowed to be emotional), I feel that most politicians get into politics because they have a passion for it. Sometimes its good to see those emotions flying around a room. Regardless of party lines.

Captiol Hill can be a very boring dry place most days. This week has stirred the pots of anger, sadness, etc...
Well, it did make for great TV. C-SPAN probably saw a 1000% increase in viewership.
 
Old 09-28-2018, 06:17 AM
Status: "It takes a lot of balls to golf like me" (set 8 days ago)
 
Location: Charleston, SC
3,938 posts, read 3,186,123 times
Reputation: 3394
Sometimes we forget these people had lives before public service. Lindsey was an Air Force Colonel before his time in politics.
 
Old 09-28-2018, 06:19 AM
 
585 posts, read 451,028 times
Reputation: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I feel that Booker was emotional (and allowed to be emotional).
Booker and Kamala are on the 2020 Presidential Campaign run, nothing more. He doesn't even look sincere when he talks.
 
Old 09-28-2018, 06:43 AM
Status: "JOBS NOT MOBS!" (set 9 days ago)
 
2,900 posts, read 488,095 times
Reputation: 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
Being outraged is more fun than trying to get to the truth. One thing is certain. Either Kavanaugh or Ford are lying straight up.
Lindsey's passion is because he knows the truth is that the accusations against Kavanaugh are lies.

Ford may be telling the truth about being attacked by someone. It just isn't the man she is accusing. OR she may be lying. Look, the people trying to block Kavanaugh are rabid. They will stop at nothing. Ford may be a victim of them pressuring her into doing this. I don't know.
 
Old 09-28-2018, 07:41 AM
 
1,085 posts, read 530,903 times
Reputation: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Have no doubt that the leftists are the socialist, communist hitleresque. I'd rather see a politician who is passionate about what they speak of get loud than a pc one talk calmly all the while doing their evil deeds in private.
And he was trying to get to the truth how again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top