U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2018, 07:46 AM

1,085 posts, read 533,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
At this point, I don't care who is lying. Judge Kavanaugh is unfit to serve on the highest court in the land. What ever happened to judicial temperament? No judge should be attacking Republican or Demoratic parties. The Judicial Branch stands alone with a supposed air of neutrality.

That's gone when Judge Kavanaugh is put on the bench. He didn't need to go on his rant. That was the Republican Caucus' job (the Lindsey Grahams and Chuck Grassleys of the party). Not his job. It was shameful.

If you ask me, Kavanaugh did a lot of talking about how much he loves beer. He was rather belligerent when he was asked about his drinking habits. I think it should be a legitimate concern. Listen, I didn't drink much when I was a teenager or in my early 20s, but even someone with a bit of control - I got stumbling drunk a few times. Now, we are talking about a guy that had a 100-keg goal and was doing this often and to excess. And he wants to claim he has a crystal clear memory of all of the times he was drinking?

And his evidence are calendars where he claims they were "forward looking and backward looking." He claims he'd put on a calendar his plans and then he'd edit them if they changed afterwards (I crossed off missed workouts). So, because he didn't add on a calendar entry for a Friday or Saturday night "Drank a keg, attempted rape, good times" - we are to simply believe that?

And I know it was uncomfortable to do so, but Kavanaugh should have been asked about his yearbook entry about his goal of a "Devil's Triangle." So, that's what some people call slang for "Two Guys on One Girl." Wow... funny that is nearly what was going on according to Dr. Ford... Even better - during the hearing, after Kavanaugh claimed "Devil's Triangle" was a drinking game, the wiki entry was changed by someone with an IP from a Congressional Office to reflect this. Very sheisty there.

It isn't a criminal court - if it was, they'd actually investigate this nonsense. It is a job interview. There are doubts. There are plenty of other candidates out there. And before I hear "Democrats will just do this again!" - First off, that assumes Democrats made this up. Second, they didn't do it to Neil Gorsuch and that was less than 18 months ago. They had a better reason to be upset about a "stolen" seat. And the Senate has also confirmed 3 other male justices since Clarence Thomas' "high tech lynching." Roberts, Breyer and Alito didn't have these problems. Maybe because... you know... they didn't sexually assault anybody. Same with Gorsuch.

On a job interview, you don't have a presumption of qualifications (aka: innocence). The burden of proof is on the candidate not on the employer. You don't walk into an interview and say "I'm not providing proof that I have a doctorate and wrote 17 papers on this subject - you go prove it."

There are more questions than answers. Unfortunately, political rhetoric is taking over. Republicans played a great game yesterday and gave their senators "cover" to vote for a questionable nominee. And that's what we will be stuck with for 30 years.

Nominate someone else.
And that right there is another example of how Congress is completely totally broken. Quite honestly I don't trust Democrats or Republicans. I do think dr. Ford was very credible and Kavanagh still comes across as a frat boy. Someone is definitely flat-out lying here and they're more interested in pushing him through than finding the truth first

Old 09-28-2018, 07:50 AM

2,980 posts, read 497,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
And he was trying to get to the truth how again?
He knows the truth and was making it known that this is a witch hunt by the anti Trumpers. Professor Ford may very well be a victim of the leftist methods of intimidation.

I absolutely believe that Kavanaugh is not lying.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Sometimes we forget these people had lives before public service. Lindsey was an Air Force Colonel before his time in politics.
But he most enjoys getting on TV and scaring the hell out of Americans with his non-stop rhetoric.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1538142901735

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1538142901735

https://foreignpolicy.com/2015/01/27...on-everything/

Old 09-28-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Lindsey's passion is because he knows the truth is that the accusations against Kavanaugh are lies.

Ford may be telling the truth about being attacked by someone. It just isn't the man she is accusing. OR she may be lying. Look, the people trying to block Kavanaugh are rabid. They will stop at nothing. Ford may be a victim of them pressuring her into doing this. I don't know.

Awesome. Please show me how Lindsey knows this. I really want to see the logic that supports this statement. So Lindsey knows the truth. This is really a huge find. Please detail in your reply exactly how he knows the truth and how you know that he knows the truth because this will solve everything.

Old 09-28-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
He knows the truth and was making it known that this is a witch hunt by the anti Trumpers. Professor Ford may very well be a victim of the leftist methods of intimidation.

I absolutely believe that Kavanaugh is not lying.
They are different things.

Difference Between Knowing and Believing

Old 09-28-2018, 02:36 PM

2,812 posts, read 2,811,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Personally, regardless of who's party line you tow, I found it refreshing to see Senator Graham show some emotion. To me he's always been a bit of a wuss. For a few moments there I thought he was going to come up out of his chair and start an all out smackdown!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GONHkIGagY
I am proud of Senator Graham too! I liked him supporting the Judge! Much respect for Senator Graham!
It is ridiculous what is happening. 36 years ago!! None of us would have jobs if we all had background investigation back to childhood. I have had several polygraphs for my jobs, and I wouldn't have a job if they went back more than 10 years!

Old 09-28-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
I am proud of Senator Graham too! I liked him supporting the Judge! Much respect for Senator Graham!
So silly. Lindsey said Kavanah looked him in the eye and he knew he was telling the truth. Really hilarious. No need for facts. Just eye contact. the saddest part is critical thinking has been pushed aside for emotion. It's all about how you feel and not what the facts are or even taking the time to critically examine the facts.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:49 PM

1,209 posts, read 625,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
It is ridiculous what is happening. 36 years ago!! None of us would have jobs if we all had background investigation back to childhood. I have had several polygraphs for my jobs, and I wouldn't have a job if they went back more than 10 years!
It was funny to see Ol' Lindsey up on his hind legs. His final quote of the day "Who's gonna explain this to Trump ? I guess that'll be my job. "

Listen, all that was needed here was an FBI Investigation of these Accusers (up to 4 or 5 by now)......are they all lying ?? Take a week and get some interviews....it is a Felony to lie in an FBI Interview, as proven by several recently jailed political operatives.

What's the rush to confirm ?? The Supreme Court doesn't convene til next month and won't get into anything for weeks after that. Mitch McConnell held the Democrats Nomination for a year. A Year !!

Interview Mark Judge at the very least......Dr Ford says he was in the room.

Last edited by FiveLoaves; 09-28-2018 at 03:04 PM..

Old 09-28-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveLoaves View Post
It was funny to see Ol' Lindsey up on his hind legs. His final quote of the day "Who's gonna explain this to Trump ? I guess that'll be my job. "

Listen, all that was needed here was an FBI Investigation of these Accusers (up to 4 or 5 by now)......are they all lying ?? Take a week and get some interviews....it is a Felony to lie in an FBI Interview, as proven by several recently jailed political operatives.

What's the rush to confirm ?? The Supreme Court doesn't convene til next month and won't get into anything for weeks after that. Mitch McConnell held the Democrats Nomination for a year. A Year !!

Interview Mark Judge at the very least......Dr Ford says he was in the room.
of course that's the adult thing to do

Old 09-28-2018, 03:28 PM

3,635 posts, read 5,020,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckee16 View Post
Yeah, but it was for show, on a national stage and the folks in small town SC would applaud.
Well, I grew up in Chevy Chase, MD, attended one of the private, girls’ schools that was literally across the road from Georgetown Prep. I’ve know people my age and my children’s ages that attended Holton Arms School and Georgetown Prep. I know quite a few people that personally know both parties, although I do not. I do know three families that live on Dr. Ford’s street. Growing up I attended the same church as Judge Kavanaugh. My children also attended those named schools. I lived for 60 years in that world and I know what an insectuous cesspool Washington DC is.

I think your “small town SC” is a slam at the intellectual and sophistication level of those “folks” and the implication that you are far more elite. I do not appreciate the insinuation.

I was quite happy to hear Graham speak strongly.

Last edited by LynchburgLover; 09-28-2018 at 03:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area