U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 03:42 PM

1,085 posts, read 533,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Well, I grew up in Chevy Chase, MD, attended one of the private, girls’ schools that was literally across the road from Georgetown Prep. I’ve know people my age and my children’s ages that attended Holton Arms School and Georgetown Prep. I know quite a few people that personally know both parties, although I do not. I do know three families that live on Dr. Ford’s street. Growing up I attended the same church as Judge Kavanaugh. My children also attended those named schools. I lived for 60 years in that world and I know what an insectuous cesspool Washington DC is.

I think your “small town SC” is a slam at the intellectual and sophistication level of those “folks” and the implication that you are far more elite. I do not appreciate the insinuation.

I was quite happy to hear Graham speak strongly.
And you were ok with Lindsey saying he KNEW Kavanaugh was telling the truth because he looked him in the eye? Is that enough burden of proof for you because it is not for me?

Old 09-28-2018, 03:57 PM

3,634 posts, read 5,020,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
And you were ok with Lindsey saying he KNEW Kavanaugh was telling the truth because he looked him in the eye? Is that enough burden of proof for you because it is not for me?
Innocent until PROVEN guilty with EVIDENCE, of which there is NONE. No place, date, time, witnesses (the ones she claims were there have all denied it). Who drove her home - I know Columbia Country Club to River Falls takes about 30 minutes in traffic — guarantee she didn’t walk and I’m doubting she took a bus in her bathing suit. She claims she ran out immediately. Four boys, two girls at this party and she thought the boys were going to rape her. She didn’t grab her “best friend” and run out? No, she supposedly left the other girl (who has denied being at the party all together) alone with boys she thought were going to rape??? She didn’t tell parents, teacher, clergy, principal much less the obvious police.

I’m not gullible enough to believe this story.

Btw — very busy weekend, so don’t pat yourself with an “ah ha” moment if I never respond to any future snarking.

Last edited by LynchburgLover; 09-28-2018 at 04:06 PM..

Old 09-28-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Innocent until PROVEN guilty with EVIDENCE, of which there is NONE. No place, date, time, witnesses (the ones she claims were there have all denied it). Who drove her home - I know Columbia Country Club to River Falls takes about 30 minutes in traffic — guarantee she didn’t walk and I’m doubting she took a bus in her bathing suit. She claims she ran out immediately. Four boys, two girls at this party and she thought the boys were going to rape her. She didn’t grab her “best friend” and run out? No, she supposedly left the other girl (who has denied being at the party all together) alone with boys she thought were going to rape??? She didn’t tell parents, teacher, clergy, principal much less the obvious police.

I’m not gullible enough to believe this story.

Btw — very busy weekend, so don’t pat yourself with an “ah ha” moment if I never respond to any future snarking.
you didn't answer my question. Can you please answer it? By the way I think your post here has a lot of really valid questions and observations.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:49 PM

10,443 posts, read 8,582,653 times
Quote:
you didn't answer my question. Can you please answer it? By the way I think your post here has a lot of really valid questions and observations.
There's a whole thread on this in the Politics forum. I think you are moving this away from our Senator, Graham and delving into the general topic. You should move this conversation to the proper location to do so.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
There's a whole thread on this in the Politics forum. I think you are moving this away from our Senator, Graham and delving into the general topic. You should move this conversation to the proper location to do so.
This is totally about Lindsey. I just have this one question.

Lindsey said he KNEW Kavanaugh was telling the truth because he looked him in the eye? Is that enough burden of proof for you because it is not for me?

Old 09-28-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
This is totally about Lindsey. I just have this one question.

Lindsey said he KNEW Kavanaugh was telling the truth because he looked him in the eye? Is that enough burden of proof for you because it is not for me?
My comment stands. Bring it to the right place.

Old 09-28-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
My comment stands. Bring it to the right place.
So you'll cheer on Lindsay but won't comment on statements he makes directly. How convenient

Old 09-28-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
So you'll cheer on Lindsay but won't comment on statements he makes directly. How convenient
If you want to find my opinion on things, I am posting in the appropriate place. I am not, however, going to break forum rules.

Old 09-28-2018, 05:21 PM

Ok, just send me a pm with your answer. that will avoid any conflict. I didn't realize it but do see that you are correct about the rules on discussing politics. Thanks

Old 09-28-2018, 05:42 PM

585 posts, read 451,962 times
Quote:
You still haven’t responded to my post about the Dems clearly not looking for “truth”. What are your thoughts that Chris Murphy of Connecticut said he doesn’t care what the FBI finds, he is a no on Kav, or all of the other Senators who said they were a no before all of these allegations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area