U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 09-28-2018, 06:11 PM
 
1,085 posts, read 530,294 times
Reputation: 825

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEB1786 View Post
You still haven’t responded to my post about the Dems clearly not looking for “truth”. What are your thoughts that Chris Murphy of Connecticut said he doesn’t care what the FBI finds, he is a no on Kav, or all of the other Senators who said they were a no before all of these allegations?
The reason they were already a no is because he would likely erode Roe V Wade so they dont want him. Since as a man I think unduly restrictive state regulation of abortion is unconstitutional I would agree with them.

 
Old 09-29-2018, 06:56 AM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
1,204 posts, read 621,964 times
Reputation: 2038
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEB1786 View Post
You still haven’t responded to my post about the Dems clearly not looking for “truth”. What are your thoughts that Chris Murphy of Connecticut said he doesn’t care what the FBI finds, he is a no on Kav, or all of the other Senators who said they were a no before all of these allegations?
KEB is very selective here about Senators not caring what they found on Kav. Several Republicans were going to vote to confirm without waiting for any facts. Now we learn that the Alibi Guy (Mark Judge) had an addiction problem and was a heavy drinker. This is why you don't rush to judgement without an investigation.

The Question before the Court of Public Opinion is this -- How dirty can you be and still get confirmed to a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court ??
 
Old 09-29-2018, 07:43 AM
 
585 posts, read 450,853 times
Reputation: 363
Everyone knows Judge had an alcohol problem, that isn’t news. Her friend also said she’s never met Kav and wasn’t there. Feinstein still hid this for 6 weeks when a much more thorough investigation could have happened. In fact, she didn’t bring it up at all on the hearing process. Those are facts. He’s had 6 background checks, this one will be more of the same. No one HAS to talk to the FBI. They’ll confirm the same thing that there is no corroborating evidence and it will once again be his word vs hers.
 
Old 09-29-2018, 07:55 AM
Status: "It takes a lot of balls to golf like me" (set 8 days ago)
 
Location: Charleston, SC
3,922 posts, read 3,183,953 times
Reputation: 3381
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEB1786 View Post
Everyone knows Judge had an alcohol problem, that isn’t news. Her friend also said she’s never met Kav and wasn’t there. Feinstein still hid this for 6 weeks when a much more thorough investigation could have happened. In fact, she didn’t bring it up at all on the hearing process. Those are facts. He’s had 6 background checks, this one will be more of the same. No one HAS to talk to the FBI. They’ll confirm the same thing that there is no corroborating evidence and it will once again be his word vs hers.
If for some reason Kavanaugh drops out of the process. Isn't is reasonable to think that the next potential judge is even MORE conservative than Kavanaugh? I honestly feel he's fairly middle of the road on a lot of issues for a conservative judge appointee. If they RESIST! him out of contention, be warned, the Dems may loath the next candidate much worse. Then the whole resist! process will start over again...
 
Old 09-29-2018, 07:57 AM
 
585 posts, read 450,853 times
Reputation: 363
Yea, since they’re only afraid of abortion, Barrett seems much more likely to want to overturn that. Kav basically said he wouldn’t. I think they’re trying to literally delay for 2.5 years, which will end badly for everyone on both sides.
 
Old 09-29-2018, 09:16 AM
 
1,085 posts, read 530,294 times
Reputation: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEB1786 View Post
Yea, since they’re only afraid of abortion, Barrett seems much more likely to want to overturn that. Kav basically said he wouldn’t. I think they’re trying to literally delay for 2.5 years, which will end badly for everyone on both sides.
He wouldn't overturn Roe v Wade but there are a million ways to make Roe v Wade dead. There have been numerous articles and videos about the ways Roe v Wade can be undermined without actually overturning it effectively removing it. Kind of like removing the requirement to have Obamacare. Without that funding it's going to implode.
 
Old 09-29-2018, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Columbia SC
7,961 posts, read 6,706,083 times
Reputation: 10706
I am a liberal but there could be a lot worse in that seat then Graham.
 
Old 09-29-2018, 10:17 AM
 
1,085 posts, read 530,294 times
Reputation: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I am a liberal but there could be a lot worse in that seat then Graham.
The only one I can think of worse would be John Bolton
 
Old 09-29-2018, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Eureka CA
7,574 posts, read 10,387,529 times
Reputation: 11328
I used to have hope for Lindsay, but no more. He wants to be AG awful bad....
 
Old 09-29-2018, 12:18 PM
 
6,899 posts, read 2,558,031 times
Reputation: 4691
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
The reason they were already a no is because he would likely erode Roe V Wade so they dont want him. Since as a man I think unduly restrictive state regulation of abortion is unconstitutional I would agree with them.
What does being a man have to do with anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top