Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2008, 12:00 PM

26 posts, read 265,926 times

Advertisements

Hi my family and I were in Walmart the other day looking for new flowers and veg for our garden.
We picked up the usual...tomatoes,peppers,day lillies,roses,and still looking for some blueberries that are about 3 years old and acouple of other things.
But while we were looking over all the seed packs my daughter wanted to buy some pumpkin seeds.We also picked up some sweet peas,and morning glory to try out.

Ok so now to my question...While we were getting all these seeds I noticed that they(Walmart)are selling poppy seeds for growing!They all looked very nice and we got some hen and chicks,giant peony mix and lady bird poppy seeds.
I was wondering if anyone else had seen these or are growing these?As far as I knew they are illegal to grow.I have noticed that some of the area hospitals like Trident have what look to be poppies groing in their flower beds around their signs.
I just dont want the DEA kicking down my door for some flowers.
Any info would be great

Also does anyone in the area know where to get healthy 3 to 4 year old blueberry bushes?
I have tried a coulpe of garden centers and no luck.

Last edited by jaks10; 03-12-2008 at 12:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 12:19 PM

2,223 posts, read 4,998,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaks10 View Post
As far as I knew they are illegal to grow.I have noticed that some of the area hospitals like Trident have what look to be poppies groing in their flower beds around their signs.
Any info would be great
On the bright side the street value is high for those ...just kidding...

Hey the morning glories are like weeds, they will overtake your garden or trellis...There beautiful too...

Old 03-12-2008, 12:21 PM

[quote=pokrplr;3117259]On the bright side the street value is high for those ...just kidding...

Thats what Im afraid of

Old 03-12-2008, 01:48 PM

Anyone else?

There has to be someone else with a green thumb,especially the summerville(FLOWERTOWN)area ha ha

Old 03-13-2008, 06:22 AM

Guess not.

I dont think Im brave enough to find out on my own

Old 03-14-2008, 11:24 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
There are a couple of great online places to order plants. They might be a little more expensive but the plants will usually be guaranteed and the quality will be good. Type in 3 year old blueberry bushes and see what you get.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:54 AM

1 posts, read 6,369 times
Talking no worrys my dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaks10 View Post
so now to my question...While we were getting all these seeds I noticed that they(Walmart)are selling poppy seeds for growing!They all looked very nice and we got some hen and chicks,giant peony mix and lady bird poppy seeds.
I was wondering if anyone else had seen these or are growing these?As far as I knew they are illegal to grow.I have noticed that some of the area hospitals like Trident have what look to be poppies groing in their flower beds around their signs.
Any info would be great
Dear potential poppy grower
You can grow any poppies you like and the local or federal law enforcement will do nothing(which is what there usauly good at anyway).
However when they are in bloom and you make a laceration on the outside of the poppy(This is what they call milking the poppy)and they see you scraping the milky white opium substance that slowly oozes out of them.Then you will be promptly arrested.Also you would have to draw there attention for them to be watching you anyway.You see where im going with this.
Have a nice garden
BTW I milk all of my poppies always have and love every minute of it.
And no my gardens not at my home mama didnt raise no dummys.

sincerly yours Mr Papaver
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area