Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 08:01 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,472,118 times

Advertisements

just a small bit of info, unless you have a large craft that you will mainly be heading out into the ocean with I would stay away from the wando/cooper river area

those are the dirtiest rivers we have and are full of mercury, I don't eat anything out of them or the ashley...

personally I'd get closer with water that moves better with the tides like the stono or wappoo cut areas

but it's a toss up with where the good schools are/where the better rivers are...

we were driving through the stono river area off of river rd near main rd on johns island today, I love that area and plan on hopefully buying one of those houses after the kids get out of school... but for now I'm where I am for the kids education
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 11:16 PM

899 posts, read 3,491,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meks View Post
we were driving through the stono river area off of river rd near main rd on johns island today, I love that area and plan on hopefully buying one of those houses after the kids get out of school...
I know exactly where you were. Did you know that us Realtors have those boats sit on that sandbar just for people like you?

Cheaper & more effective than the P&C ads.
jim

Old 04-13-2008, 05:35 AM

13 posts, read 42,180 times
Default Deepwater Property Values Increasing in 2008?

Hmmmm, why don't you ask the unemployed stockbrokers on Wall Street. Who knows what will happen to values, but my economics & finance training says things are going to remain flat or still fall 10-15% for another two years, even on the islands, or deepwater properties here, because there is still excess inventory and excess inventory in comparable locations as well, like Florida.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:08 AM

13 posts, read 42,180 times
I would think these would still increase in value after this 2008-2009 adjustment blip, as waterfront/deepwater is extremely limited in supply, unlike Florida. I think this is a really smart time to buy high end homes with limited supply--now and in the next 12 months. I wish I could buy 5 more island properties right now as I haven't seen things this low in at least 5 years.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:21 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,472,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim3310 View Post
I know exactly where you were. Did you know that us Realtors have those boats sit on that sandbar just for people like you?

Cheaper & more effective than the P&C ads.
jim

jim I've been fishin, crabbin, and sainin that river a lot longer than those boats have been there... the stono has always been my favorite

you rentin them or sellin? sometimes one of "those boats" is mine, or one of my families...

Old 04-14-2008, 11:14 AM

899 posts, read 3,491,067 times
Hey Meks,
I agree, Stono is the way to go. Especially down around Kiawah for me.
I wonder, have you seen any drastic change down here over the years?

I remember looking over the side of the boat at fluke while fishing as a kid.
Now the best shot at them up north is in the fish market.
jim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area