U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-19-2008, 07:51 PM

727 posts, read 917,267 times
Default Magnolia Hill and Irongate

Could someone tell me about the Magnolia Hill vs. Irongate Subdivison in Summerville. I don't need to know about the schools just about the condition of these communities and what their HOA fees are. Is one located farther out than the other. If anyone lives in any of these two communities I'd love to hear about your experiences living there. Thanks so much.
Patty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 08:28 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,712,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattig View Post
Could someone tell me about the Magnolia Hill vs. Irongate Subdivison in Summerville. I don't need to know about the schools just about the condition of these communities and what their HOA fees are. Is one located farther out than the other. If anyone lives in any of these two communities I'd love to hear about your experiences living there. Thanks so much.
Patty
I don't know anything about MagHill but I've lived in Irongate for about 10 yrs now

IG has two sections to it, the front older section with mainly full 360* brick veneer homes and the back newer section with brick front with vinyl on 3/4 homes

HOA dues are cheap, $125 I believe, we have a pool as many do...

the last pres of the HOA had the front entrance redone and messed up the theme we had for many yrs, raised the HOA dues to the 125 it is now and moved out... lol

it's a great neighborhood, dorch2 schools, quiet with large old growth like you rarely see anymore... for the most part great people live here

houses here usually don't stay on the market long, many are sold before ever reaching the adds

Old 04-19-2008, 08:49 PM

Smile Thanks

[quote=meks;3514716]I don't know anything about MagHill but I've lived in Irongate for about 10 yrs now

IG has two sections to it, the front older section with mainly full 360* brick veneer homes and the back newer section with brick front with vinyl on 3/4 homes

HOA dues are cheap, $125 I believe, we have a pool as many do...

the last pres of the HOA had the front entrance redone and messed up the theme we had for many yrs, raised the HOA dues to the 125 it is now and moved out... lol

it's a great neighborhood, dorch2 schools, quiet with large old growth like you rarely see anymore... for the most part great people live here

houses here usually don't stay on the market long, many are sold before ever reaching the adds[/quote
Hi Meks,
Thanks for your reply. My husband and I are coming down in 3 weeks to look at property and scope out the whole area for retirement. I will still work part time as I am in the medical field so I'm hoping it won't be hard for me to land a part time job there or in Charelston. How far is the commute to Charleston? ALso are there a lot of children in the community or mostly older folks. We definitely want a community of families, but not one completely overrun with kids. A balanced share of old, middle and younger aged people would be perfect. Is downtown Summerville far? Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.
Patty

Old 04-20-2008, 09:03 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,712,607 times
[quote=Pattig;3514878Hi Meks,
Thanks for your reply. My husband and I are coming down in 3 weeks to look at property and scope out the whole area for retirement. I will still work part time as I am in the medical field so I'm hoping it won't be hard for me to land a part time job there or in Charelston.

there is a hospital within 2 or 3 miles from here, Summerville Medical, and many medical offices... there's a larger hospital, Trident, within 7 or 8 miles but it's reputation isn't the best

tons of jobs here in the medical field... you could look at either S'Ville med center on midland park rd or West Ashley at St.Francis hospital, 20/30 mins away... or downtown Chas at Roper Hospital or MUSC, 40+ mins away
____
How far is the commute to Charleston?

normally takes about 30/40 mins to get to Chas, during rush hours you can add 20 or so minutes to that
_____

ALso are there a lot of children in the community or mostly older folks. We definitely want a community of families, but not one completely overrun with kids. A balanced share of old, middle and younger aged people would be perfect. Is downtown Summerville far? Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.
Patty[/quote]

this area is very well balanced, many families and many retirees

you see kids now and then walking the street/bicycling, etc but not too many... it's the digital age, most kids stay in playing video games these days

we make out kids get out and play, and keep them in sports of some kind or another but even they don't run the streets... one 14, one almost 15

downtown S'Ville is 5 mins away, just a few miles straight down Trolley Rd...

Old 04-20-2008, 02:40 PM

Default Perfect

Sounds exactly what we're looking for! There's a house on Wampee Circle I'd like to look at when we're down there. Looks pretty nice for the money. Thanks for your input about your neighborhood. Btw- good for you making your kids go out and play- fresh air and exercise is so much better for them than the computer, not too mention socializing is also a good thing for kids to do. Take care..
Patty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area