U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-08-2008, 10:07 PM

4 posts, read 9,409 times

Advertisements

My roommate and I are moving to Charleston from Wilmington, NC to try and find jobs. We're both in our early twenties. I've been down there a couple times in the past 2 weeks for interviews and also to look for 2 BR apartments/houses in the area. We looked on James Island and West Ashley but weren't too thrilled about those areas. We both like the Mt Pleasant/IOP/Sullivan's Island area...but can't really settle on one apt. We've looked at Hibben's Ferry, Harbor Pointe, and a couple other places around the area and thought they were overpriced considering they are not as nice. Runaway Bay looked good but they don't have rooms available when we need one. We visited Edgewater Plantation and it seems like the best bet, as it is extremely nice for a decent price ($1098). We would prefer to stay around or below the $1000 range...and we would prefer the apartments/house to be relatively nice, but if its closer to the beach we could settle for something a little less so. Does anyone know of any good rental deals for a 2 BR on IOP/SI. Or a better option for Mount Pleasant or the surrounding area? Are there comparable apts on James Island or inner charleston that we may have overlooked? Any help would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 10:12 PM

1,294 posts, read 4,835,855 times
Have you looked at Paces Watch (http://www.paceswatch.com/s/homepage - broken link)? I've never been inside an apartment, but driven through and it looks nice.

Try looking on Craig's List or talking w/ a realtor to see if there's a house for rent on the beach. That would be fun.

Sure you don't want the Retreat on JI? haha - that's where we live. I always plug it. (:

Old 05-10-2008, 04:24 PM

3 posts, read 20,498 times
The Legends are really really nice in Mount Pleasant. They have different floor plans to choose from and feel different than your regular apartment- they have arched door ways, marble countertops, its a gated community and it's a very quiet community. If you're looking to be close to the beach, this is a good option for you as well, it's just about ten minutes away. Their website is <lovethelegends.com>

good luck!

Old 05-12-2008, 12:09 PM

8,569 posts, read 8,937,743 times
Try doing a full MLS Rentals search in your price range for 2 bedroom places at Charleston Real Estate Guide.com. I did a search for 2 bedroom units for $1100/mo and under and came got 80 listings in Mount Pleasant, James Island, Sullivan's Island, West Ashley, IOP and one of them was a 3 bedroom /2 Ba single family 1400 s.f. house in Dunes West. There was a 1600 s.f. townhouse on Dan

Old 05-12-2008, 09:16 PM

236 posts, read 424,262 times
I have had a lot of problems with Harbor Pointe in Mt. Pleasant. GREAT location but lots of problems with bugs, plumbing, trashy neighbors. I second trying craigslist. There are a lot of affordable townhomes in Mt. Pleasant and James Island. I wish you lots of luck!

Old 05-14-2008, 07:13 PM

1,889 posts, read 3,360,121 times
The Legends at Charleston National are nice..but they went condo..rentals might be available but prices will be over 1,000 a month.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:44 PM

106 posts, read 360,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekonize24 View Post
My roommate and I are moving to Charleston from Wilmington, NC to try and find jobs. We're both in our early twenties. I've been down there a couple times in the past 2 weeks for interviews and also to look for 2 BR apartments/houses in the area. We looked on James Island and West Ashley but weren't too thrilled about those areas. We both like the Mt Pleasant/IOP/Sullivan's Island area...but can't really settle on one apt. We've looked at Hibben's Ferry, Harbor Pointe, and a couple other places around the area and thought they were overpriced considering they are not as nice. Runaway Bay looked good but they don't have rooms available when we need one. We visited Edgewater Plantation and it seems like the best bet, as it is extremely nice for a decent price ($1098). We would prefer to stay around or below the $1000 range...and we would prefer the apartments/house to be relatively nice, but if its closer to the beach we could settle for something a little less so. Does anyone know of any good rental deals for a 2 BR on IOP/SI. Or a better option for Mount Pleasant or the surrounding area? Are there comparable apts on James Island or inner charleston that we may have overlooked? Any help would be appreciated!

My husband and our two toddlers just moved into a 2 BR 2 2.5 BA townhome on "Shadowmoss Pointe" in West Ashley. We're renting a washer and dryer so our rent is $985.00 a month. We are the first people to live in this unit as this entire side is brand new and we back to a pond so we don't have anyone behind us.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,036 times
Be sure to check out and read apartmentratings and or apartmentreviews for some great advice and suggestions.

Unhappy renters tell the truth!!

Some apartment complexes are known for taking renters to small claims court!! Records are available for look up on the county webpage.

Good idea to research everything when renting!!

Last edited by Findingaplacetolive; 06-18-2008 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area