Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 09:36 PM

63 posts, read 52,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
We've done the wine and food tests all along Destin/30A. They don't even remotely compare to the Charleston W&F fest.

We will see I guess...the one we did at the Village of Baytown Wharf was very, very nice. I'm sure it'll compare...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2021, 05:08 AM

5,696 posts, read 4,636,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirForceDude2019 View Post
We will see I guess...the one we did at the Village of Baytown Wharf was very, very nice. I'm sure it'll compare...
Been there, done that. Baytowne is fun, but the Charleston F&W is a national scale event.

Let us know after you go.

Old 10-25-2021, 05:26 AM

Quote:
but the Charleston F&W is a national scale event.

That doesn't really mean anything.

Old 10-27-2021, 11:29 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times
Quote:
Been there, done that. Baytowne is fun, but the Charleston F&W is a national scale event.

I've been to a bunch of events in the past.

It is fun...and you do get the 'national' sense -- but it is costly.

The most fun events were not the priciest we went to. Those signature dinners with celebrity chefs...costly -- interesting. Our first dinner was at the old McCradys -- upstairs -- Sean Brock and another chef -- I'll think of the name. We sat at a table of 10. Five of us were local -- everyone else from out of town. It was fun, the food and wine was amazing. Attended a few other signature events and always enjoyed meeting the folks and the meals but it was costly. ..

The most fun were the party like events. The Roasted Goat in 2017 of 2018 -- where the original Butcher and Bee/Highwire Distillery were on Upper King. Party like atmosphere with booths -- mainly featuring roasted goat that was roasted on site on spits. We had such a good time.

Lewis BBQ in 2019 was a 'carnival' theme. Lots of different booths with food and free cocktails and some fun acts and live music.

Cigar Factory -- closing event -- Met a few celebrity chefs and got to chat and met some lovely people from out of town.

Did the 'tent' once. But felt like it was just a booze fest on a Sunday afternoon - and not really worth the 75 bucks -- now its is 135.00

If you are going to a signature dinner -- your table mates will make or break the event. The food will be good. The wine will be good.

Just a few things we have been to. So far I've not purchased tickets for anything.....Nothing wowed me or if it did it was just too expensive to justify.

Old 10-28-2021, 05:32 AM

Unfortunately, I'll be traveling this year. I'm really interested to see what the Culinary Village looks like being in North Charleston. Just seems a strange fit.

Old 10-30-2021, 06:45 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, I'll be traveling this year. I'm really interested to see what the Culinary Village looks like being in North Charleston. Just seems a strange fit.
It was just getting too big for Marion Square.

I've been to music festival at the park in North Charleston and it was easy to park, and is a great venue on the water.

I am curious about the Culinary village too.

I may see about getting a ticket.

Old 02-17-2022, 08:04 AM

Good news for those who can't afford other tickets: https://holycitysinner.com/2022/02/1...or-first-time/

Old 02-17-2022, 01:49 PM

14,224 posts, read 14,642,943 times
A bit of a deviation but one of the finest food and beverage events I ever attended was The National Restaurant Association Show in Chicago. You are supposed to be in the F&B business and need a Tax ID Number to attend but that should be easy enough to get. There are so many F&B samples, one has to pace one's self. Great time. Do try and attend.

Old 03-05-2022, 05:14 AM

Yeah went to this yesterday... definitely disappointed. It really wasn't that special. Not really as much stuff as I would have hoped. The one we went to at Baytown Wharf in Destin 8 years ago was at least double the size and had so many more wines and foods to try. Was very surprised there was no sales tent so you could buy something if you really liked it, seems like a no brainer, Destin had that. Definitely not worth the $600 we payed. Beautiful setting on the water at least.

The private dinner Thursday at Indaco was fun though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area