U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-22-2008, 09:59 PM

106 posts, read 356,624 times

Advertisements

Yeah i'm thrilled that he's going to a good home. No dalmatian at the station anymore since they shed everywhere....hence the Shepherd...lol
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,463 times
Man i hate that i wanted that dog!!!

Old 08-06-2008, 04:40 PM

1,294 posts, read 4,795,447 times
i can't see the picture!

Old 12-04-2008, 11:35 AM

133 posts, read 306,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdog1985 View Post
Not in base housing (we're DOD).

WHAT????????? I spent 25 years as an amry wife in base housing with 2 huge dogs. Its allowed !

Old 12-04-2008, 02:32 PM

32 posts, read 94,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern by choice View Post
WHAT????????? I spent 25 years as an amry wife in base housing with 2 huge dogs. Its allowed !
Yeah me too...spent 21 years and lived in military housing all those years. We have never had less than 5 cats with each move and the last move we made with 7 cats...all indoor. There were always exceptions to the policy and we were always granted our exception. Now, with the new privatized housing, they have deemed certain dogs dangerous and have "banned" certain breeds from housing....which is a big joke and no one seems to be following those rules. I certainly wouldn't part with one of my family members for some stupid rule that was put into place by civilians and which never seem to be enforced.

Last edited by Cheri89; 12-04-2008 at 02:44 PM..

Old 12-04-2008, 07:09 PM

133 posts, read 306,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri89 View Post
Yeah me too...spent 21 years and lived in military housing all those years. We have never had less than 5 cats with each move and the last move we made with 7 cats...all indoor. There were always exceptions to the policy and we were always granted our exception. Now, with the new privatized housing, they have deemed certain dogs dangerous and have "banned" certain breeds from housing....which is a big joke and no one seems to be following those rules. I certainly wouldn't part with one of my family members for some stupid rule that was put into place by civilians and which never seem to be enforced.
I wouldnt part with one of my dogs for ANYTHING. If dogs werent welcomed where we moved, we looked elsewhere.
Poor dogs, some are just discarded so easily.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:24 AM

1,453 posts, read 2,415,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern by choice View Post
My H was Navy for 9 years, and we had 2 dogs (one big, one little). Sometimes they were allowed, sometimes there was a 1 dog/cat policy, sometimes they tried to change the policy while we were residents. The military made it very difficult to be a responsible pet owner.

I suggest military families foster pets!!

Old 12-08-2008, 07:15 PM

2,501 posts, read 4,841,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolagranola View Post
My H was Navy for 9 years, and we had 2 dogs (one big, one little). Sometimes they were allowed, sometimes there was a 1 dog/cat policy, sometimes they tried to change the policy while we were residents. The military made it very difficult to be a responsible pet owner.

I suggest military families foster pets!!
Great suggestion! By the way, I love your screen name! Catchy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area