Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 08:01 PM

49 posts, read 211,130 times

Advertisements

yes Im 59 and my wife is 55.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 06:40 AM

174 posts, read 652,283 times
Default Del/Webb

Algae,

I know of one daughter that lives with her mother. It is my understanding that you can have children living with you as long as they are over 18. I know one person has her granddaugter living with her and she's 18.

There are some people who are in their upper fifties. Some are still working. Seems there'a a mixture of everything.

By the way, it's the Country Inn & Suites along with 2 other hotels that give a great deal if you coming to visit Del/Webb.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:55 PM

397 posts, read 1,071,727 times
Anyone under 55 can purchase there and rent it out, but residing there as your primary residence UNDER 55 is not allowed, since you and your husband will be owning it (I assume) as your primary residence, then you are certainly welcome to have your children visit and stay.....I am just not sure if that means "permanent" or what "temporary" visit really means to them, but I can find out for you.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:46 PM

899 posts, read 3,491,595 times
[quote=BeautifulHomesofSC;4559057]Anyone under 55 can purchase there and rent it out...quote]

I'm not sure that is correct at all. Perhaps I've misunderstood.
jim

Old 07-23-2008, 09:08 AM

97 posts, read 261,003 times
When I went there in April to get information for my parents, they told me that children under 18 could not be there (to visit or live) for more than 3 months at a time.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:20 PM

174 posts, read 652,283 times
That's right!!! Am just curious how they will enforce that 3 month time line. At the Villages in Florida, you need to sign your guest up and get passes so they can use the pool or anything else.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:10 PM

186 posts, read 578,355 times
When we inquired about the children/grandchildren visiting policy we were also told about the 3 month limit. They came up with the three month idea figuring that would coincide with summer vacation from school for most kids. Our sales rep said that he doubted there would be any strict limits put on visitation, they just do not want anyone under 18 as a permanent resident. Also, once the community got going, there would probably be some limitations on the visitors use of the amenities. Not that they couldn't use them, just restrict the hours that they could use them. Our sales rep also said that as far as he knew, most DW communities were very satisfied with the visitation policy and that there were few, if any, problems.

Also, our understanding is that you or your spouse must be 55 to purchase a home at Del Webb,irregardless of whether or not it will be your primary residence. I do not believe that you can buy a house and then rent it out to anyone who is not at least 55.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:29 PM

49 posts, read 211,130 times
thanks all for the imput but I not really clear if a my son or daughter both over 21 would have restrictions if they stay with us. Im interested in buying not renting. Also has anyone heard of communities where the age restrictions are less?

Old 07-23-2008, 06:56 PM

397 posts, read 1,071,727 times
Jim 3310 - I was told by the salesperson there that YES I could purchase it, rent it out, hold on to it, whatever (and I AM 44)....so unless SHE was wrong, I am quoting what she said, but I will double check this tomorrow, perhaps HER information was incorrect.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:27 PM

186 posts, read 578,355 times
Algae,

Yes, your children will be able to live with you at Del Webb and they will not have any restrictions at all as long as they are over 18. My husband and I are in the same situation. Either one or both of our sons (23,20) will make the move with us. The plan is for them to stay with us at DW for a couple of months until they settle in and find places of their own. While DW is a beautiful community, I don't think that young people would want to live there for an extended period of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area