U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 4,091 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are considering moving from the Buffalo, NY area to the Del Webb Charleston Community. I am interested in what 'living costs' are like for, say the Harbor Collection Homes. Up here, next to the raging Niagara Falls electric turbines, my budget billing electric bill is $233/mo. Gas is an additional $98/mo, for a 1100 sq. ft. house. Is a home phone necessary, or are Verizon cells enough? Moving so far out of our realm and his early retirement means big changes. While we are looking forward to this new phase of our lives, he is cautious. I need some tangible proof that we will not end up living in a cardboard box under some pier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 06:20 AM

174 posts, read 590,731 times
Default Del Webb

We moved to Del Webb from MA. (Cape Cod) We absolutley love it here. The Harbor series are beautiful. We live in the Coastal series. Lots of people are from the North. Haven 't heard anyone here who doesn't like it. The amenties center is being built and will be finished in Nov. The weather has been great. If you look on the forum under Cane Bay or 55+ communities you can see some pictures.

If you have any questions you can PM me. Do you have a sales agent?

Old 05-24-2008, 06:39 AM

899 posts, read 3,180,006 times
I haven't found anyone that regrets moving to Del Webb, you get exactly what you anticipate because everyone is on the same page.

Verizon is still a bit sketchy in parts, but using something along the lines of Vonage (phone line via the internet) works quite well.

Come visit! Del Webb is only one reason to see this great city.
jim

Old 05-24-2008, 07:35 AM

186 posts, read 518,324 times
Stella2,

Are you involved in the Del Webb "Cookie House" promotion? I just received a mailing from DW inviting us down to check out the changes in the community since our last visit(10/07) One of the model homes is going to have an area where current homeowners will be hosting a question and answer session and "fresh baked cookies and ice cold drinks" will be served. It's going to be in the Vernon Hill model. The name of the sales associate who wrote to us is Lindsey Grulke. Sounds like fun. We'll be down to visit in July, even if the cookies are all gone by then!

PS Hi Jim

Old 05-24-2008, 11:16 AM

Default Del Webb

Nomony,

In fact, I am hosting the Cookie House today from 2-4. I think I eat more cookies than the people walking through.

And there a lot of changes since we have moved in. More houses...beautiful landscaping and best of all seeing the Amenties Center built. We are having a "hard Hat" walk through June 21st. We are going to name the rooms. Don't forget to look me up when you come.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:07 AM

GoddessMa13,

I understand you were talking with my sales agent Yvette. She's really good and will keep you informed. Were you here at Del Webb or did you talk on the phone. I'm sure you'll love it here, especially after living in Buffalo. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions

Old 07-19-2008, 10:01 AM

397 posts, read 950,332 times
I have a lot of information on Del Webb, and - if you book a trip down to see them they have a deal that if you end of buying, you can get $1,500 refunded to you at closing, and - they have discount hotel deals, etc. I also know that you can rent for short term before you purchase to see if you like it....

Old 07-19-2008, 09:40 PM

272 posts, read 813,132 times
Also, I heard that there's a place in Folly Beach that sells beef on weck! Don't know if it's true, though.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:25 PM

49 posts, read 193,454 times
hi all we are considering moving into the Charleston area and will consider the DW homes. However I would like to know if any one under 55 is alowed to reside there. Have a daughter and son in there 20s that may have to stay for a while. Are any younger people staying there or is everyone in there 50s and 60s+

Old 07-21-2008, 07:39 PM

899 posts, read 3,180,006 times
I'm assuming that one of you are over 55?
jim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area