Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 12:54 AM

14 posts, read 43,001 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a home to rent - long term - or lease to own property. Moving from N.FL. and have spent hours on the Internet and the phone speaking with agents about apartments, homes etc. I am from Charleston and have heard that Crowfield Plantation is very nice - and I really do want nature trails, woods, birds, etc. I don't care about convenience in terms of traffic, working, shopping. I am a writer and want to live in a nice home with my dog and cat and my book to write. I adore birds... I am a licensed mental health therapist but I am not working other than observing nature and writing - but I am not wealthy and need to stay within a budget of around $1100 month rent - or mortgage - if there is any such thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 08:53 AM

1,710 posts, read 5,659,919 times
I live in Crowfield and we love it! The trails are great! Here's the website for Crowfield.
Crowfield Plantation Community Services Association :: Goose Creek, South Carolina

Old 07-14-2008, 06:35 PM

Thank you so much Luvsdabeach! I will peruse the site and then write back with many more questions!

Old 07-14-2008, 08:21 PM

I would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:26 AM

It is way past 3am my time here in the lovely area of N. Florida. I have spent hours looking at places around west Ashley, Mount Pleasant, Hanahan, Summerville, and Goose Creek. I happily stumbled upon a lovely realtor who works with Carolina One, and though she does not do 'property management' which I finally figured out means rental, she was so helpful and kind and sent me listings from Mt. Pleasant, Charleston, etc. I now know 100% that Crowfield Plantation is for me. It fits all of my needs. The pictures of the woods, trails, etc. is the kind of surrounds I really desire.
Now I need to contact each agent with the rentals I really like! Any input from you would be welcome.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:35 PM

I would be happy to give an input. You really can't go wrong with any neighborhood in Crowfield but some are older than other's.

I hope that disturbance in the Gulf doesn't turn into anything.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:34 AM

Regarding the disturbance, me too. I will be traveling to Goose Creek the beginning of next week - July 21. Can you recommend a good hotel? Thanks.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:12 AM

When someone comes in town to visit my DH's company this is where they book them. It's a Holiday Inn Express and it's about 2-3 miles outside of GC. It's right by the mall and several restaurants.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites NORTH CHARLESTON Hotels | CHARLESTON-ASHLEY PHOSPHATE | Welcome

Old 07-16-2008, 10:56 PM

thanks.... I checked it out and will stay there or closer to the beach since a friend is joining me and wants to be near the water.....whatever.... appreciate your help and will let you know what I find!

Old 07-17-2008, 08:13 AM

From that hotel you will be about 15 miles to Isle of Palms. If you want to stay closer to the beach I recommend staying in Mt Pleasant. You will be right over the connector from IOP.
Info on IOP
Welcome to the City of Isle of Palms, South Carolina

This is the website for the local paper here in Goose Creek. Check out the new park plans the city just approved. It appears the city council is trying to have lots of green space.
Goose Creek Gazette
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area