Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 05:10 PM

1,294 posts, read 6,485,070 times

Advertisements

red's is a must eat - everything is good there. i like the coconut shrimp and the tuna treat and the fried shrimp are good too w/ their homemade chips - and it's pretty cheap. the mustard seed is a must as well (everything is good there and pretty inexpensive too for dinner especially - fetticini carbonara is to die for. pork tenderloin is good, it's all good) and i love the crab shacks (for a crab pot). i think you gotta go to folly to say you've been if you're coming to charleston just once and the crab shack is on folly so there you go. if you go around 6 - you may beat the beach traffic that will be leaving and beat the dinner crowd that may come in at 7. good luck though. sullivan's island is the best beach but as others have said, no boardwalk. the wreck is a charleston gem, hole in the wall and kind of pricey and they only take cash but it's good and on shem creek too in mt. pleasant. sullivan's restaurant on sullivan's island is good if you're hanging out on sullivan's beach, i love it there too. i love it all - i miss charleston!!!! someone, send me some food!!!!

there are so many good places, but don't do hymans or any national chains. enjoy charleston!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 07:23 AM

3 posts, read 29,615 times
Default Charleston County Parks Pass

This is useful information. We are moving to Summerville in 2 weeks. Where can I purchase the county parks pass?
Thank you,
Donna

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBuckeyes View Post
We bought the County Park Pass when we moved here. I believe it runs about $50 for a sticker in one of your cars. It gets you into all the Charleston County Parks free for a year. That includes IOP, Folly, and Kiawah. Several trips to the beach and it pays for itself. It's also nice if you have visitors. You can send them in your car to the beach and they save $7 in parking. I'm told it's nice to have during the holidays when James Island County Park does a "Festival of Lights".

Old 07-31-2008, 09:06 AM

2,527 posts, read 8,016,626 times
Here you go: Charleston County Parks and Recreation

Old 07-31-2008, 09:23 AM

397 posts, read 1,071,353 times
Seels on Sullivans is awesome, inexpensive, and FUN!! Also a new place opened on the Isle of Palms called Hutchs Lowcountry Cuisine (or something to that effect) that took over the One Eyes Parrot (thank god!) and my friends tried it and loved it! Hanks Seafood downtown is a classic also.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:24 AM

397 posts, read 1,071,353 times
OOh - I second the Wreck - great place!

Old 07-31-2008, 07:15 PM

1,294 posts, read 6,485,070 times
hanks is one of my all time favorites. i'm glad the one eyed parrot is different now. that place stunk. oh and to the op - go get a pina colada from coconut joe's on isle of palms. they are the all time best.

you should have enough places to go to now!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area