U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 06:03 PM

31 posts, read 93,365 times

Advertisements

I will be flying in to attend a business conference (Blackbaud) on Saturday November 15th and leaving (unfortunately) Thursday the 20th. I will have Saturday evening and Wednesday evening free to do as I wish and I wish to see some live music!

Ideally I would love to sit down in a smoke-free bar and listen to a great singer/trio belt out some Ella Fitzgerald or Sarah Vaughn. Smoke free is a preference but one that I would sacrifice for the sake of good music.

Or..I also am a closet parrothead. I won't wear the coconut bra and grass skirt (or maybe I just have never been quite THAT drunk!) but I do enjoy listening to his tunes and trying to live his philosphy. I am a person that loves the sea that lives about as far away from it as you can get! Anyway where do the local parrot heads hang out?

I have been to Charleston several times before and I have seen all the lovely sights. It's a lovely city, since I am renting a car, I am looking forward to finally driving and then walking over the new bridge! Last time I had a car, I drove over the old bridges...and I am one of the crazies that enjoyed it! (Then again, I did not have to commute on them, that could make all the difference in the world!)

Oops, got a little side tracked. If any of you kind folks out there could help me in my quest for music, I would appreciate it. Be sure that if you ever decide to come up to western South Dakota, Mt. Rushmore country, I will do my best to return the favor.

Thanks,

Kevin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 08:21 PM

899 posts, read 3,180,566 times
November 18th should work for you I think;
Red's Ice House = Parrots.
LOW COUNTRY PARROT HEAD CLUB (http://www.lcparrotheads.org/index.html - broken link)
jim

Old 10-14-2008, 09:02 AM

2,525 posts, read 7,191,503 times
Quote:
Smoke free is a preference but one that I would sacrifice for the sake of good music.
Charleston is a smoke-free town. So no worries there on being choked out of the good nightlife.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:27 AM

7,934 posts, read 15,093,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJShymansky View Post
Charleston is a smoke-free town. So no worries there on being choked out of the good nightlife.
Yes your government interfering in private property writes once again....

But I digress, let me relinquish the soap box, it belongs to Rocky D anyway.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim3310 View Post
November 18th should work for you I think;
Red's Ice House = Parrots.
LOW COUNTRY PARROT HEAD CLUB (http://www.lcparrotheads.org/index.html - broken link)
jim
Thank you!

Is this the place?

http://www.redsicehouse.com

Last edited by sd_gjax; 10-14-2008 at 12:10 PM..

Old 10-14-2008, 01:23 PM

2,525 posts, read 7,191,503 times
Yep, that's Red's. Fantastic place!

Old 10-14-2008, 03:36 PM

355 posts, read 1,321,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJShymansky View Post
That's funny, my favorite Mexican restaurant in the area allows smoking and the last time we went..it was SO strong I could not take it. We had to get out of there.

Interesting.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:16 PM

Well it look's like Red's is the place I will be...but I need a bit of clarification: JIM3310 you said November the 18th? That's a Tuesday. Did you mean Saturday the 15th? or do the PH's meet on work nights!?

Old 10-18-2008, 11:55 AM

397 posts, read 950,511 times
I am a member of the parrothead club here and will be there Tues. Nov 18 so seek me out! They meet the third Tues of the month at Reds at 6:30pm.....live music is played right after the meeting!

Old 10-20-2008, 09:42 PM

I am going to still try and make it but there might be a conflict with the conference schedule. How late does the phlock stay usually?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area