Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 08:01 AM

92 posts, read 264,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
True, however read how the AMA changed and prohibited its members from using natural medicine the way doctors used to in the old days (when we didn't have a long-term care epidemic and people wasting away in nursing homes for the last 5 or 10 years of their life). Instead in those days, they lived vibrant healthy lives and died in their sleep. In the old days the killers were the childhood diseases but if one survived those, they lived just as long if not longer than we do today. The difference was they weren't on 13 different prescription drugs. Instead in those days, they went to the doctor and got their health back because doctors used natural medicine which helped the body's own ability to heal itself--- and food wasn't loaded with chemicals or gentically engineered or irradiated the way it is if you buy your food in regular grocery stores. People also got more exercize. There wasn't even any such thing as heart disease back then and cancer was extremely rare - not the epidemic that it is today.

So the old fashioned medicine (natural medicine) that has been practiced for hundreds if not thousands of years still exists, it is just that it has been compartmentalized and in this country, because it isn't as lucrative(there is much more money in helping someone to LIVE WITH THEIR DISEASE BY ADDRESSING THE SYMPTOMS ONLY in western medicine rather than to help them eradicate the disease altogether), it is now called "alternative" medicine.
Wow, that is quite an accusation. I am curious - which diseases are being eradicated by alternative medicine. I think most doctors stress the importance of exercise, diet, smoking etc to reduce the incidence of diabetes, heart disease, and hypertension. But, you know what, many will fail to control these diseases with lifestyle changes (if they even attempt to change). You can hardly blame modern medicine for these lifestyle choices.

We have better diagnostic devices to detect diseases than 100 years ago. This may be one reason for an apparent increase in prevalence of certain diseases - rather than simply saying that it was not present in the previous century. But, I agree that some lifestyle choices contribute to heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, and some cancers.

I agree that alternative medicine may help some patients. But, I think many folks are misled in assuming herbal or alternative medications are 100% safe. Herbs, just like prescription medications, will have side effects. They are just not as well documented because they have not been intensely studied in randomized controlled studies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 08:32 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,203,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Lol... You do realize that Emilybh is one of the few people who hate the medical establishment and believes that everything that can cure you is in herbal remedies and other questionable medicine. A quick search on google will show you that nearly everything concerning thermography is listed on these "alternative" medicine (or as I call it, voodoo medicine) websites... If I were you, I would ask if the person "reading" the thermography is a "M.D." or "D.O."... most likely... not... and even then.. the websites WARN you to STILL do mammography even if you do thermography... nice way to cover their ass in case you get cancer and sue them...

Ha ha ha! I will take my "chances" on ALL modalities of treatment. The "sickness industry" isn't the panacea that it's cracked up to be. "Hating the medical establishment" - I really do not think it is nice to assasinate another poster's character. Dont' forget that herbal remediies are NOT questionable all over the planet. If you want to know why herbal remedies and other "alternative remedies" are "questionable" in the U.S., just follow the money trail. There's a lot of "big business" in the sickness industry in the U.S.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:21 PM

1,028 posts, read 3,081,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guttata View Post
Wow, that is quite an accusation. I am curious - which diseases are being eradicated by alternative medicine. I think most doctors stress the importance of exercise, diet, smoking etc to reduce the incidence of diabetes, heart disease, and hypertension. But, you know what, many will fail to control these diseases with lifestyle changes (if they even attempt to change). You can hardly blame modern medicine for these lifestyle choices.

We have better diagnostic devices to detect diseases than 100 years ago. This may be one reason for an apparent increase in prevalence of certain diseases - rather than simply saying that it was not present in the previous century. But, I agree that some lifestyle choices contribute to heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, and some cancers.

I agree that alternative medicine may help some patients. But, I think many folks are misled in assuming herbal or alternative medications are 100% safe. Herbs, just like prescription medications, will have side effects. They are just not as well documented because they have not been intensely studied in randomized controlled studies.
I agree that the instances of prevalence is most likely due to the ability to detect. It's sort of like the Autism epidemic-there aren't really that many more people being born with spectrum disorders such as Autism. They is much more research and knowledge about Autism, which helps it to avoid being lumped in with schizophrenia, mental retardation, and other various mental disorders.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:48 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,448,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guttata View Post
Wow, that is quite an accusation. I am curious - which diseases are being eradicated by alternative medicine.

I think most doctors stress the importance of exercise, diet, smoking etc to reduce the incidence of diabetes, heart disease, and hypertension. But, you know what, many will fail to control these diseases with lifestyle changes (if they even attempt to change). You can hardly blame modern medicine for these lifestyle choices.

As I've said before in my prior posts, the diseases which seem rampant and are more rampant than ever before are because people are seeking the wrong kind of care for them. For example, when you have a plumbing problem, you don't call an electrician. That is common knowledge. However due to the brainwashing and the media cover up and support of the medical establishment (their largest advertisers), in this country, the general public, unless they take the time to do their own research, doesn't realize there is a HUGE difference in the training that allopathic doctors receive compared to naturopathic doctors.

So rather than realizing that one kind of doctor excels in chronic and degnerative diseases and prevention and the other excels in acute life or death situations, they go only to the doctor that has training in life or death situations which the media pushes them towards and as a result never gets over his chronic or degnerative disease because it never occurs to him that another kind of doctor might be better equipped and trained to help.

In Europe in Asia, this is much less so. More people know to go to the Naturopath for the chronic and degenerative conditions because naturopaths aren't maligned the way they are here. The end result: people in those countries recover from their chronic and degenerative conditions, while people in this country keep going back and back and back to the same allopathic western doctor, who has NO clue EXCEPT to give them and expensive Rx to address the symptoms of the problem --that can help them LIVE with their disease-- (because this is all the allopathic medical doctor is trained to do).

The type of training both kinds of doctors receive in medical school covers different things. We need both. In this country we'd all be much healthier if we were able to think of ourselves and recognize this as the Europeans and Asians do.

It isn't an M.D.s fault that he can't tell you how to get rid of your high blood pressure or high cholesterol forever --and only can offer a drug to ward off the symptoms. He simply doesn't know HOW to do anything else. Again, all he was trained to do for chronic and degenerative condtions was to hand out drugs to deal with the symptoms.

Whereas, the Naturopathic Doctor IS trained to help you find the underlying CAUSE of the problem and tell you how and help you to correct it.

It is KEY to understand the difference if you want the best care and realize that one kind of doctor(allopathic western MD) only treats symptoms and can arrest and stabilize acute condtions and the other (naturopathic N.D. or N.M.D.) can help your body's own immune system strengthen to eliminate chronic and degenerative disease altogether. A good Naturopath can help anyone with six months left to live get much better or completely recover if the patient is willing to do the work. The problem is that with natural medicine, there is no quick fix. It isn't as easy as just taking medicine. It usually involves giving up favorite foods that are exacerbating your condtion along with doing other things while you are healing -- for months if not years -- until you are healed, when you can being eating them again. It is hard work. Many Americans don't want to bother. The ones that value their health can eliminate or vastly improve any chronic or degenerative disease.

If more people understood that they need TWO different kinds of doctors to best help them with different kinds of conditons they way foreigners do, then we'd all be a lot healthier. The reason we aren't is because 99% of us only go to regular allopathic M.Ds for EVERYTHING when they should only really expect them to give them permanent results if they have an acute condition -- because that is what they are best trained to do -- fix acute conditions NOT chronic ones. The only thing they can do for chronic condtions is put you on meds for the rest of your life to cover up the symptoms of the problem. If you choose this route, you'll ALWAYS have the chronic or degenrative problem and you could develop side effects from the medication in addition.

The choice is yours.

Once you realize that there is a doctor more suited to treat chronic and degnerative problems with better results in a shorter period of time, if you wish, you can pursue this path.

Regarding safety of natural supplements. Relatively speaking, as long as you aren't taking any dangerous drugs tha could ;possibly interact with them, they are completely safe. The pharmacist is the expert to tell you, if you are taking drugs, if any supplements you take may interact with the drug. There have been zero deaths except for those who abuse supplements and take them along with dangerous drugs they are taking where an interaction occurs. You would be hard pressed to find even one death in the past five years from supplement abuse. it just doesn't happen. Supplements are food. You get them in a health food store.

Safety of drugs and more drug testing is and should be much more of a concerns with over 100,000 deaths every year in this country alone due to people taking their meds as prescribed by their doctor -- not even including the deaths due to accidents or abuse. Drugs are dangerous. For the complete statistics go to www.lef.org and do a search for "Death by Medicine". You can see the facts with your own eyes along with the docmentation from medical journals where they were taken from.

Supplements are not dangerous and Homeopathic medicines (as compared to herbal medications which are not the same) are absolutely 100% safe and will not interact even with any drugs you may be taking. They either do what they are supposed to do or they do nothing. Again, you can confirm this with your pharmacist who is the trained expert on chemical reactions and interactions.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by emilybh; 12-05-2008 at 08:25 PM..

Old 12-05-2008, 10:04 PM

As I've said before in my prior posts, the diseases which seem rampant an are more rampant than ever before are because people are seeking the wrong kind of care for them. For example, when you have a plumbing problem, you don't call an electrician. That is common knowledge. However due to the brainwashing and the media cover up and support of the medical establishment (their largest advertisers), in this country, the general public, unless they take the time to do their own research, doesn't realize there is a HUGE difference in the training that allopathic doctors receive compared to naturopathic doctors.

So rather than realizing that one kind of doctor excels in chronic and degnerative diseases and prevention and the other excels in acute life or death situations, they go only to the doctor that has training in life or death situations which the media pushes them towards and as a result never gets over his chronic or degnerative disease because it never occurs to him that another kind of doctor might be better equipped and trained to help.

I disagree that allopathic physicians excel only in life or death situations. Most allopathic physicians (save for ER, ICU, some surgeons) are trained mainly to treat chronic diseases.

In Europe in Asia, this is much less so. More people know to go to the Naturopath for the chronic and degenerative conditions because naturopaths aren't maligned the way they are here. The end result: people in those countries recover from their chronic and degenerative conditions, while people in this country keep going back and back and back to the same allopathic western doctor, who has NO clue EXCEPT to give them and expensive Rx to address the symptoms of the problem --that can help them LIVE with their disease-- (because this is all the allopathic medical doctor is trained to do).

Again, I am curious - can you name specific chronic and degenerative diseases that are cured by naturopathic medicine? I would like to read about it.

The type of training both kinds of doctors receive in medical school covers different things. We need both. In this country we'd all be much healthier if we were able to think of ourselves and recognize this as the Europeans and Asians do.

I suspect this is more related to diet and lifestyle choices than the effect of naturopathic medicine.

It isn't an M.D.s fault that he can't tell you how to get rid of your high blood pressure or high cholesterol forever --and only can offer a drug to ward off the symptoms. He simply doesn't know HOW to do anything else. Again, all he was trained to do for chronic and degenerative condtions was to hand out drugs to deal with the symptoms.

Whereas, the Naturopathic Doctor IS trained to help you find the underlying CAUSE of the problem and tell you how and help you to correct it.

<b>
Hypertension and hyperlipidemia (unless severe) are asymptomatic. The medications are used to lower blood pressure or bad cholesterol levels to prevent chronic damage to the body. MDs do tell folks to exercise and eat right but guess how many patients will comply.

Please tell me how a naturopathic doctor cures hypertension or hyperlipidemia besides lifestyle modification??

It is KEY to understand the difference if you want the best care and realize that one kind of doctor(allopathic western MD) only treats symptoms and can arrest and stabilize acute condtions and the other (naturopathic N.D. or N.M.D.) can help your body's own immune system strengthen to eliminate chronic and degenerative disease altogether. A good Naturopath can help anyone with six months left to live get much better or completely recover if the patient is willing to do the work. The problem is that with natural medicine, there is no quick fix. It isn't as easy as just taking medicine. It usually involves giving up favorite foods that are exacerbating your condtion along with doing other things while you are healing -- for months if not years -- until you are healed, when you can being eating them again. It is hard work. Many Americans don't want to bother. The ones that value their health can eliminate or vastly improve any chronic or degenerative disease.

Allopathic physicians will stress the same lifestyle modifications but may not stress herbal supplements or acupunture.

If more people understood that they need TWO different kinds of doctors to best help them with different kinds of conditons they way foreigners do, then we'd all be a lot healthier. The reason we aren't is because 99% of us only go to regular allopathic M.Ds for EVERYTHING when they should only really expect them to give them permanent results if they have an acute condition -- because that is what they are best trained to do -- fix acute conditions NOT chronic ones. The only thing they can do for chronic condtions is put you on meds for the rest of your life to cover up the symptoms of the problem. If you choose this route, you'll ALWAYS have the chronic or degenrative problem and you could develop side effects from the medication in addition.

The choice is yours.

Once you realize that there is a doctor more suited to treat chronic and degnerative problems with better results in a shorter period of time, if you wish, you can pursue this path.

Regarding safety of natural supplements. Relatively speaking, as long as you aren't taking any dangerous drugs tha could ;possibly interact with them, they are completely safe. The pharmacist is the expert to tell you, if you are taking drugs, if any supplements you take may interact with the drug. There have been zero deaths except for those who abuse supplements and take them along with dangerous drugs they are taking where an interaction occurs. You would be hard pressed to find even one death in the past five years from supplement abuse. it just doesn't happen. Supplements are food. You get them in a health food store.

Safety of drugs and more drug testing is and should be much more of a concerns with over 100,000 deaths every year in this country alone due to people taking their meds as prescribed by their doctor -- not even including the deaths due to accidents or abuse. Drugs are dangerous. For the complete statistics go to www.lef.org and do a search for "Death by Medicine". You can see the facts with your own eyes along with the docmentation from medical journals where they were taken from.

Supplements are not dangerous and Homeopathic medicines (as compared to herbal medications which are not the same) are absolutely 100% safe and will not interact even with any drugs you may be taking. They either do what they are supposed to do or they do nothing. Again, you can confirm this with your pharmacist who is the trained expert on chemical reactions and interactions.

I hope this helps.

This information is completely false. To suggest supplements are 100% safe is dangerous. Not everything you buy at a "health food store" is healthy. Many traditional chinese medicines have been shown to have adverse side effects and toxicity similar to pharmaceutical drugs. Furthermore, I would imagine most pharmacists do not know the chemical reaction of most supplements (save the more common ones) because they are not classified as drugs and thus, not taught in pharmacy school.

Let's take a few homeopathic medicines as examples: (using hmedicine.com as an example)

amyl nitrosum - has been associated with death

belladonna (aka deadly nightshade) - an article in 2003 analyzed intoxication in 49 children. Even though it is natural, guess what? It acts like an anticholinerigic "drug".

chelidonium majus (wartweed) - associated with hepatitis

ginkgo biloba - has been associated with bleeding, including cerebral

All of the above were published in peer-reviewed journals.
Some homeopathic medicines/herbal supplements DO work - because they affect messenging systems in the body. Therefore, they will also have side effects - because they affect messenging systems in the body. Same with pharmaceutical drugs. But unlike pharma drugs, herbs and supplements have not been studied rigorously to determine their side effects and/or benefits.

The lef.org website is completely biased. First off, I agree that the American medicine system is not perfect. Errors will be made because physicians are human. There are probably a trillion billion drug combinations - to be able to predict the interaction among all drugs is enormous. But, to scare folks from hospitals and treatment from those statistics is wrong. I don't find it surprising that they are selling 'natural' supplements. Don't forget that the herbal, supplement industry is $10-20B industry in itself. What better way to sell more supplements than to malign the entire medical establishment.

This notion that physicians are in kahoots with the big pharma to perpetuate chronic disease, suffering and death to make money (hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, cancer) is ridiculous and false.

You can find whatever information you want on the internet. It does not mean it is correct.

This will be probably be my last post on this matter - as I will not be able to convince you otherwise. I just hope those reading this thread will take your information (and mine) with a grain of salt. The idea that all pharma drugs are dangerous and ineffective and herbal/supplements are completely safe and effectively is a dream.

Last edited by guttata; 12-05-2008 at 10:16 PM..

Old 12-06-2008, 01:56 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,843,220 times
Quote:
As I've said before in my prior posts, the diseases which seem rampant and are more rampant than ever before are because people are seeking the wrong kind of care for them. For example, when you have a plumbing problem, you don't call an electrician. That is common knowledge. However due to the brainwashing and the media cover up and support of the medical establishment (their largest advertisers), in this country, the general public, unless they take the time to do their own research, doesn't realize there is a HUGE difference in the training that allopathic doctors receive compared to naturopathic doctors.
Brainwashing? Disease are more rampant than before? Can you give examples? Excluding elementary school to college degrees, an allopath has 7 years of training at minimum... how much training is a naturopath's training after college?

Quote:
Examples of chronic or degenerative diseases that are better treated by naturopaths are.... what?

Quote:
What chronic/degenerative conditions do these people "recover" from? If you have cures, why don't you just tell us what they are or perhaps you like to peddle them as infomercials while claiming "it may not cure you"...

Quote:
Oh I see, its the little scam where someone says, its not my fault you didn't check with an allopath doctor. First you say don't go to allopaths for chronic/degenerative disease because they aren't "trained" for these things... now you say, its the patients fault for not going there as well... catch-22 huh...

Quote:
Oh I see, so tell me.. how do you CURE high blood pressure and high cholesterol? Everyone here is eager to learn of your cure... Allopaths say diet and exercise is the cure... what does Naturopath say? Take a gingko biloba and that's it? No more high blood pressure? No more high cholesterol? You keep saying the same thing a lot but you refuse to answer WHAT chronic/degenerative condition is CURED by an naturopath.. and by cure, I mean they don't need repeated visits for the same thing...

Quote:
What training allows a naturopath doctor to find the underlying cause? I am sure all the allopaths would like to know. We use science, research, and a cooperative approach to learn about a disease's pathogenesis. What does a naturopath do? Touch someone's forehead? Wave their magic wand? I have seen those on TV, albeit they are called witch doctors and shamans... apparently chanting will cure anything. Sorry if I don't buy that... if you mean they do something else, please enlighten us...

Quote:
Let me get this right... the N.D. is four years of training and no residency training meaning it is LESS training than an M.D. (lie number one). Allopaths only treat symptoms? (lie number two). Patient is willing to work for it and then you mention diet and exercise... allopaths have been saying that for centuries, in fact, the general public knows that since forever... naturopaths didn't invent this idea, they just copied it... and then you mention TERMINALLY ill patients... excuse me, the best treatment for terminally ill patients are those where there is round-the-clock attention and most allopaths are treating dozens of patients.. true, there could be improvements with the terminally ill and that's why we have Hospice care.. first you say naturopaths provides CURES and now you say its "not a quick fix" and that it may take YEARS... what happened to do back-and-forth with an allopath versus the instant cure of naturopath... Anything over 6 months is a chronic condition and YEARS definitely qualifies for that... what has naturopath medicine CURED in one months treatment? Two months? 6 months? 1 year? Ever?

Quote:
Permanent results? In YEARS? So you saying people should PAY for another doctor (and I use that term loosely) that will do something else besides diet and exercise? Isn't that what a personal trainer and nutritionist is for? What does a naturopath do that personal trainer or nutritionist can't exactly? Symptoms is the NUMBER ONE issue when a patient comes through a physicians door and unfortunate as it is, some conditions simply aren't easily curable and if you rather be left in pain while trying to work through your illness, that is your choice and we don't have to prescribe medicine for that... You seem to be under the delusion that naturopaths has cures for some of the (presently) incurable diseases. Yet you fail to mention one disease that is curable... oh there is high blood pressure and high cholesterol that you mentioned, but cures you mentioned can be attained by a personal trainer and nutritionist... so what does a naturopath do differently? other than something that the allopath have constantly berated patients over... diet and exercise... do you have a magic herbal pill?

Quote:
The choice is yours.
Some choice. Do as I say or you will suffer... Don't masquerade around with your bogus science and scare everyone into with threats of them worsening their condition and then say they NEED an allopath...

Quote:
A doctor more suited to treat chronic/degenerative conditions in shorter period of time? Years? What treatment is this? The only thing specific to naturopath is herbal medicine (that has never been proven to be helpful and naturopaths are AGAINST proving that herbal medicines are helpful) and acupuncture (something, I must confess I know very little about).

Quote:
Strange thing about herbal medicines (and they ARE different than just supplements) is that they NEVER say they cure any disease and are forbidden until they are PROVEN to work. But you never see that.. Zero deaths from herbal medicines? (lie number three) Who "abuses" herbal remedies? There is no addiction value to most of them... Supplements are only classified as food because they are produce naturally and are NOT LABELLED to do anything for your health... that was INTENTIONAL...

Quote:
Drugs are dangerous? That's why they are PRESCRIBED by doctors and have warning labels. Are there deaths? Absolutely. But don't go around throwing half-truths and misconceptions around like you know a thing or two about real medicine.

Quote:
Would you like to be held legally liable for that? Cause I would like to know your name and address when lawsuits do emerge... Don't give out professional advice when you have none...

Quote:
I hope this helps.
As much as an infomercial for Cures for Everything...

Last edited by evilnewbie; 12-06-2008 at 02:24 PM..

Old 12-07-2008, 11:49 AM

There are many people in this country ESPECIALLY who are not only brainwashed but are in LOVE with their diseases. If they didn't have their disease, they'd have nothing to complain about.

All I can say is DO YOUR RESEARCH and don't just buy the propaganda western medicine and the major media wants you to believe hook line and sinker the way a few of you obviously have up until now.

Read the actual medical journals themselves. If you want to dive in to the real truth, you can start here Le Magazine, August 2006 - Report: Death By Medicine
with this 8 page report by Gary Null, PhD; Carolyn Dean MD, ND; Martin Feldman, MD; Debora Rasio, MD; and Dorothy Smith, PhD in Life Extension Magazine. On the 8th page you'll find all the sources where the information was taken from in 153 footnotes. If you STILL don't believe what you are reading in the report, you can then turn to the medical journals themselves. After doing that and you still don't want to believe it than Heaven help you.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
There are many people in this country ESPECIALLY who are not only brainwashed but are in LOVE with their diseases. If they didn't have their disease, they'd have nothing to complain about.

All I can say is DO YOUR RESEARCH and don't just buy the propaganda western medicine and the major media wants you to believe hook line and sinker the way a few of you obviously have up until now.

Read the actual medical journals themselves. If you want to dive in to the real truth, you can start here Le Magazine, August 2006 - Report: Death By Medicine
with this 8 page report by Gary Null, PhD; Carolyn Dean MD, ND; Martin Feldman, MD; Debora Rasio, MD; and Dorothy Smith, PhD in Life Extension Magazine. On the 8th page you'll find all the sources where the information was taken from in 153 footnotes. If you STILL don't believe what you are reading in the report, you can then turn to the medical journals themselves. After doing that and you still don't want to believe it than Heaven help you.
I am sorry, but I have to respond again.

You appear to be the one who is being brainwashed. The article is completely one-sided, choosing to pick statistics to fit into their theory of 'Death by Medicine.' Just do a google search on the authors and you can see the motive ($$$) behind their words. Impressive of them to quote random clips from 153 footnotes to create this propaganda.

Adverse drug reactions. Lazarous et al mentioned that their data should be "viewed with circumspection." You did not mention that there was a critique of Lazarous analysis which showed that
"Meta-analysis was invalid because of heterogeneity of the studies. Most of these studies did not report the data needed for incidence calculations. The methodology used was seriously flawed, and no conclusions regarding ADR incidence rates in the hospitalized population in the United States should be made on the basis of the original meta-analysis." Furthermore, there will be known side effects for certain medications that are included in the ADR numbers. But, the benefits outweigh the side effects. For instance, anticoagulation with coumadin for atrial fibrillation can increase the risk for bleeding, bruising, etc. How do naturopaths "cure" atrial fibrillation.

And, you are going to blame hospitals for bedsore deaths as if their bedridden status would be miraculously healed by naturopaths? The statistics they used in the article are elementary at best. Along the same lines, you are blaming nursing homes for not feeding frail eldering patients (who probably need parenteral nutrition) who may not be able to eat on their own - probably end stage of life. I could go on....

Go ahead - let your naturopath and 100% safe and effective "supplements" (or wait, if it isn't effective, it will not cause any side effects cause it is "natural" win/win for everyone) cure your cancer, heart disease, diabetes, infection, and mortality. It is Darwinism in action. You also forget that some medications are developed from naturally occurring substances. You also failed to comment on my previous posts pointing out the real side effects of "homeopathic" medicines.

Let's think logically here: if these naturopaths did have a cure for these diseases (which you STILL cannot name, despite repeated requests), why are they not published in a peer reviewed article? Wouldn't you want to convince all cancer patients to come see you to get healed? Wouldn't that be good for business? I guess it must be a complete conspiracy against them - everyone is in it, doctors, pharma, hospitals, newspapers, television, magazines. Do you see how ridiculous this sounds?

Did you even bother to read the original articles? Or did you just take the LEF article as the truth because it had 153 footnotes. So much for doing your "own research" and critical reading.

Now, I am really done because it is no use convincing you. I'd have better luck having my last six months of life extended for years with supplements. By the way, it's selfish of you to keep that life extension supplement a secret - think of all the individuals and families you could help. Or, are you worried about overpopulation?

Old 12-08-2008, 01:23 AM

Sorry. 800,000 deaths each year caused by conventional modern medicine ..and this is based on only 5 to 20% of reported incidents... is nothing to brush off lightly. If all the deaths were reported, we might be losing 1% of our population in this country every year just due to complications that arise following doctors orders. There is no comparioson. Obviously, western medicine is far more dangerous than natural medicine. It is modern medicine causing perhaps millions of deaths each and every year NOT --natural medicine.

As I said before ANY person with a chronic or degenerative disease that can find out why he or she got the disease and understand how they can stop exacerbating their condition by whatever food or medication they might be eating or taking that might be making it worse, can also learn and put into effect changes they need to make to strengthen their own immune system to fight off the disease naturally. This can work with cancer, heart disease or ANY disease. The experienced N.D. would be the person to go to to determine the underlying cause as well as find out the particular dietary changes needed along with whatever supplements could enhance the process.

Reagaining one's health can be done STRICTLY with diet using Macrobiotics without supplements. Doctors of Chinese Medicine have helped many with different cancers get rid of their cancer purely through diet. Read THE CANCER PREVENTION DIET by Michio Kushi, the father of Macrobiotics in this country. Numerous people have gotten rid of their cancer this way alone.

Christina Pirello, a chef, author of several cookbooks and host of a cooking show in the Philadephia area was one of Kushi's patients who was diagnosed with Leukemia in her 20's and who got rid of it strictly using Macrobiotics and nothing else. She is now in her late 50's or early 60's and still cancer free. Her cookbooks are all macrobiotic cookbooks and the recipes are yummy.
My Story (http://www.christinacooks.com/mystory.html - broken link)

In CONFESSIONS OF A KAMIKAZEE COWBOY by Dirk Benedict, the actor who was in "Battle Star Galactica", Benedict writes who the movie industry tried to push him into going the convention route when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer and he objected. He also went to Mischio Kushi and got rid of his prostate cancer with just a simple macrobiotic diet. The book tells his story.

Many people falsely believe that people get cancer through no fault of their own. They believe that cancer just falls from the sky and plops on their head and one day they wake up and have cancer. Those who know better know that it takes 20 years of ongoing abuse or degeneration of the body before a person is finally given a diagnosis of cancer. The naturopath can intervene BEFORE the diagnosis to stop the worsening of the precancerous condition to help him avoid getting to the point where he gets the diagnosis or work with the patient after the diagnosis.

Cancer is just an example. A good naturopath can see patterns of ill health and help the patient nip them in the bud at any point. The sooner they do this, the easier it is to get rid of the problems and eliminate causes of disease. Sadly too many people wait until AFTER their body has been ravaged by the invasive conventional treatments and their immune system is nearly totally destroyed by the toxic treatments to finally then go to the Naturopath, when they should have gone to the Naturopath first.

There are hundreds if not thousands of books out by now both on the successful natural medical treatements and cures for so called "incurable" diseases as well as about the suppression by the food and medical establishment to continue the status quo and the cover-ups of known causes of disease that are chemicals in foods and medicines we buy and consume daily so as not to disturb the profits gained from the products sold and treating the diseases than manifest later after the products are consumed.

THE SECRET HISTORY OF THE WAR ON CANCER by Devra Davis is an example of one of these books. There are 35 customer reviews on this book that thank her for exposing the food and medical establishment at Amazon.com that are interesting to read.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:09 PM

330 posts, read 1,196,519 times
Quote:

Reagaining one's health can be done STRICTLY with diet using Macrobiotics without supplements. Doctors of Chinese Medicine have helped many with different cancers get rid of their cancer purely through diet. Read THE CANCER PREVENTION DIET by Michio Kushi, the father of Macrobiotics in this country. Numerous people have gotten rid of their cancer this way alone.
You say that macrobiotics can cure cancer, how does that explain the death of Aveline Kushi (the wife of Michio Kushi and co-founder of the Kushi Institute) from cervical cancer? And what about the fact that her daughter Lily ALSO died of cervical cancer? Michio Kushi himself developed cancer he didn't rely on macrobiotics alone to cure him... he had traditional surgery to remove the blockage in his colon. Why didn't macrobiotics cure his wife and his daughter? And if they were practicing macrobiotics for so many years, why did they all develop cancer in the first place?

From early childhood I raised on a very healthy mediterranean diet which consisted of mostly vegetables, grains and fish, with only very small amounts of dairy and red meat. I had not tasted soda until I was almost 16. Candy, cake and pastries and other sugar products were practically forbidden in our home except on holidays. In my early twenties, for 5 years, I followed a macrobiotic diet through my fiance who was a big follower. I did eventually decide instead to resume a healthy mediterranean diet once again, modified to exclude red meat entirely. I did not drink, do drugs, etc. I maintained a very healthy lifestyle and there is a lack of major illness in my family.. and yet I STILL GOT CANCER IN MY 30'S.

Conventional modern medicine saved my life and my family and I are thankful for it every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area