U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-06-2009, 10:23 AM

11 posts, read 13,295 times
Default Relocating to Charleston or surrounding areas

Hi there. I am a 36 year old single female. I am considering a move to the Charleston area, but am concerned about employment and housing costs.

I have no "profession," but have a variety of work experience: administrative assistant, executive assistant, building manager, business manager, customer service manager, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, waitress (though I'd rather not revisit that last one if I can help it).

I have a fair amount of debt that I'm paying down, so my rent and utilities have to remain relatively low in relation to salary.

1. Where are the jobs? (If considering Charleston, North Charleston, Summerville, Mt. Pleasant, etc.)
2. What are salaries in the area like?
3. Where is the lowest cost of living in terms of housing rentals? (I by no means want to live in a notoriously unsafe (regarding personal well being) neighborhood, but I am of the belief that if you pay attention to your surroundings, take the standard safety precautions, and are smart about not taking unnecessary risks, you can remain safe in most places.)
4. Is this area of SC just not in the cards for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 08:20 PM

36 posts, read 58,880 times
Hi,
I just wanted to respond...I do not have answers for you but I am sure you will get some helpful replies soon. To be proactive, do a search with a few keywords from your questions.
Best of luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area