U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2007, 10:49 AM

356 posts, read 1,065,638 times

Advertisements

Hi all. We are about to make a commitment to the move to summerville. We found a home in Myers mill. I went there last weekend and choose that area based on visual appeal. It seems more open to me in that area but there are 2 shopping center really close so it is not "in the sticks"

It is up on central just passed orangeberg rd. Kinda near pine wood prep private school.

Anyway, the homes there are cheaper than anywhere else in summerville. Does anyone know about that area in Summerville. I like it but really dont know Anything about it. I dont want to pick the wrong area. Any reason that you may know of why the homes are cheaper? Any thought on that particular northeastern area of summerville?

thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2007, 07:06 PM

890 posts, read 3,966,982 times
That area is called Knightsville. Homes are probably a little cheaper because it is located further out of town and the neighborhood is brand spanking new. They are probably trying to lure buyers out that way. Once people start buying I'm sure the prices will go up, they always do.

Knightsville has changed a lot in just the past year. The Publix shopping center just opened a couple of months ago. A McDonald's is supposed to be built somewhere in the shopping center. There used to be an old rundown strip mall type place across the street on the corner but that was torn down and a new Walgreens is going there. It's a growing area.

Old 03-18-2007, 06:21 AM

76 posts, read 270,886 times
Hi Belladee,
We are relocating to summerville, too. I was looking on line for info on Myers Mill, but can't find any. Do you know of websites that have info about that area? We are looking for an affordable family-oriented neighborhood in S'ville.
We don't mind being out of the way. that area sounds like what we are looking for.
We plan on going down the second week of April to check it out. Where are you moving from? We are coming down from Maine. Where we live now it is very small, so I know this move will be a huge change for us. That is what appeals to me about the Knightsville area. It is hard to find stuff online about it, though.
Any help?? thanks.

Old 03-18-2007, 07:23 AM

32 posts, read 104,515 times
You both should look in Legend Oaks. It is a wonderful family friendly neighborhood and near Summerville and Charleston. There is a golf course and the houses are very well maintained.......that means a great resale value. And there is a elementary school right across the street! Hope this helps!

Old 03-18-2007, 10:05 AM

scjj, thanks for the info. It is nice to hear from someone who knows the area. I like that it is a little out of the way but only a little. and I did see that new shopping center with the publix. that is all I really need.
Is Knightsville in Summerville?

Adrienne, here is a link to the homes and the community. We drove around all of summerville and choose this area because it was the nicest but also had a nice place to grocery shop. everything is 10 minutes away and downtown summerville, where the nice homes and beautiful landscaping is is right down the street. I am moving from Florida.

ryland homes in myers mill is offering 15000 toward upgrades 3000 toward closing and a free plasma TV in the month of march
http://www.ryland.com/find-your-new-...-villages.html

eastusa, a lot of people on here recommend Legend Oaks. there seem to be a few Legend Oaks that I see on line. Legand oaks glof club,the point at.., ...plantation, which one are you refering too?

Old 03-18-2007, 02:08 PM

32 posts, read 104,515 times
belladee-
The Pointe, The Club, Plantation.................all of those are little areas within Legend Oaks. They all flow together, it really depends the amount of money you are willing to spend. But, no matter what, everyone treats everyone the same no matter if you are in the $200K area or the $500K area! It just a nice community!
Hope this helps....let me know if you have any other questions. I am not a realtor, just someone who love the Summerville/Charleston area!

Old 03-18-2007, 03:47 PM

Oh I get it. I am going to check it out. thanks

Old 03-18-2007, 04:24 PM

330 posts, read 1,085,688 times
Hi there,

We live in White Gables which is on Central Ave and in the northern part of Summerville and it's not what anyone would call a "cheap" neighborhood. Prices are between 200k-400k, depending on how large a home you want and the prices are increasing with each new construction phase. Next door to us is a smaller subdivision of custom built homes which are very expensive but I don't recall the exact name of it.. One mile to the right, down Orangeburg Rd are the subdivisions Plum Creek and Southern Magnolias (which are already built and established) and 3 newer communities- Reminisce, Brookwood and another custom home community starting at 400k. Brookwood starts at 150k and Reminisce at low 200's. My point is, this isn't a "cheap" part of Summerville, it just isn't as well developed as the lower part of Summerville. Some communities are cheaper, and some are pricier, all depending upon the builder and the homes themselves.

My husband wanted to buy a home in Legend Oaks in fact, and I loved the double porches on one of the homes in White Gables. The wife won and that's why we are here.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:46 AM

86 posts, read 567,198 times
Legend Oaks is a great area but about 50,000 more than Myers Mill. Myers Mill area is really growing and is a great investment. I just sold a 2600 sq ft, 4 bedrooms new construction home to someone for 214,000! That was a steal! You really can not find that anywhere else in this area.

Last edited by Darcysells4u; 03-19-2007 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-20-2007, 08:44 PM

10 posts, read 45,647 times
I was just in summerville this past week looking to relocate from Michigan. I love the legend oaks neighborhood and will be moving there as soon as my house in michigan sells. Hopefully soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or