Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 08:25 AM

870 posts, read 1,987,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
SwampWolf got all hot and bothered when some MB locals actually supported the bikers on the MB forum, so he thought he'd create some rumors.

The truth is that bikers love MB, and with the exception of the old-fort retirees, MB loves the bikers. They have no intention of leaving MB and moving to Chasn, although many enjoy a day trip to your beautiful area.

When MB realizes how much revenue they're losing, and the next munipical election rolls around, this situation will fix itself.
Gotcha!

Truth is we tried to hold a motorcycle event in Charleston. The second year it got cancelled because of lots of cops at the first rally and the promoter had trouble getting insured for the second annual heritage rally. It's too bad too. I enjoyed the rally and I don't even have a motorcycle.

I just need to remember to start dropping IT bombs at my Charleston branches so I'm too busy to get called to the MB area that week (I don't want to deal with traffic on 17)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 08:44 AM

5 posts, read 166,503 times
I too look forward to having BW in Chucktown. It will be interesting to see if Broad allows it and if they do, how the police manages the opportunity. Also, those "young" and "older" bikers have grown and matured some and seen what happens when you alienate a community, all non-PC issues aside, so it will be interenting to see what posibilities a CHANGE-of-venue can bring; can we bring the flava to Chucktown and leave the reputation behind?

Old 02-22-2009, 08:45 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,828,334 times
"North Myrtle Beach opens arms to bikers"

From today's Myrtle Beach Sun News: NMB opens arms to bikers - Tourism Talk - Myrtle Beach Online (http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/106/story/793288.html - broken link)

Old 02-22-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUL8r View Post
I too look forward to having BW in Chucktown. It will be interesting to see if Broad allows it and if they do, how the police manages the opportunity. Also, those "young" and "older" bikers have grown and matured some and seen what happens when you alienate a community, all non-PC issues aside, so it will be interenting to see what posibilities a CHANGE-of-venue can bring; can we bring the flava to Chucktown and leave the reputation behind?
Exactly what kind of "flava" are you talking about?

Old 02-22-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
"North Myrtle Beach opens arms to bikers"

From today's Myrtle Beach Sun News: NMB opens arms to bikers - Tourism Talk - Myrtle Beach Online (http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/106/story/793288.html - broken link)
Awww...too bad for Swampy!

Old 02-22-2009, 10:20 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,330,260 times
I think CUL is actually a wolf in sheeps clothing...

If you get my meaning....

Old 02-22-2009, 11:29 AM

272 posts, read 730,298 times
Too bad for the citizens and merchants of NMB.

I was just saying it would be a lot more fun in Charleston. MB and NMB, like prostitutes, will accept anybody's money and just let the citizens and merchants deal with the misery. Charleston is the same way but to a much lesser extent. Charleston cops would certainly leave the well-behaved alone.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:45 AM

1,195 posts, read 3,472,669 times
The Heritage Rally, Chas's bike week was cancelled after it's 4th year, not 2nd... because of bad management and no central locations for things, not because of the heavy handed cops that put a damper on the 1st year it was here...

what would have been the 5th was cancelled before it happened

the cops actually eased up quite a bit after the overly reactive 1st year, they learned...

Dave was way too far in the red to put it on and wouldn't listen to the good help he had at his disposal on how to organize things, he shot himself and the future of Chas bike weeks in the foot... so to dust it went...

Old 02-22-2009, 11:47 AM

1,195 posts, read 3,472,669 times
NMB eh? I might actually go to that just to see what all they have going on... it'd be like a new bike week...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area