Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 03:57 PM

2,223 posts, read 4,998,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fqtravlr View Post
Thank goodness for DVR. I never would have stayed awake watching the "action" at Cali. What a boring track. I would have really been dozing if I had to watch all that prerace crap. just don't understand this NEW NASCAR programming by Fox. I didn't tune in to watch a poorly executed concert, or in-depth interviews. There is something to be said for going to an old fashioned race at Darlington. We can sit out in the parking lot and tailgate during all the prerace "festivities".
Agreed! I dont like that track. I could watch Bristol every week. And DVR?? How did we ever live without it?? I haven't seen a commercial in a year. I let the race begin for 1 hour, then FF thru all the BS and commercials.

Speaking of Darlington, we got our tixs a few weeks ago ... Can't wait to tailgate

And Mrs Beachy..................... Affffffffffflac
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 07:16 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,680,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scjj View Post
Me and you both Luv's. There is currently still smoking sections in Summerville, but some places recently have changed over to non-smoking on their own. The Kickin' Chicken is one of them and I heard Gilligan's was going to be another one. Places like Atlanta Bread Co., and McAllister's have always been smoke free. It has gotten to where I will only go to places that are non-smoking anymore. I just can't stand to smell even the slightest amount of it and I shouldn't have to.
Smoking/non-smoking sections are a joke. Kickin' Chicken is non-smoking now? Not too long after it opened we went in there and turned right around because the smoke was so bad. We eat at Atlanta Bread and McAllister's. Tomatoes is a good place for dinner. We haven't gone there since last spring so I hope it's still smoke free.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
Agreed! I dont like that track. I could watch Bristol every week. And DVR?? How did we ever live without it?? I haven't seen a commercial in a year. I let the race begin for 1 hour, then FF thru all the BS and commercials.

Speaking of Darlington, we got our tixs a few weeks ago ... Can't wait to tailgate

And Mrs Beachy..................... Affffffffffflac
Ohhhhh nooooo!!!! I have to put up with you at Darlington??
The Cali race is boring! We had it on pic-n-pic with the drag race.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvsdabeach View Post
Ohhhhh nooooo!!!! I have to put up with you at Darlington??
Yes Ma'am, you do! Turn 4, directly across from the pits

Old 02-24-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Yes Ma'am, you do! Turn 4, directly across from the pits
We are in turn 4 also....top row.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvsdabeach View Post
We are in turn 4 also....top row.
Alright so, please DO not throw any objects at the guy and his wife with the #18 shirts

Old 02-25-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Alright so, please DO not throw any objects at the guy and his wife with the #18 shirts
I promise not to throw anything at your wife but you......weeellllll.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:57 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,871 times
Rock Hill just passd a smoking ban a few weeks ago...York County as whole is about to take it up...I hope to god Charlotte will be allowed to pass one, but right now, NC has a law that says municipalities and counties cannot pass that...tobacco lobbyists are still very strong in Raleigh. This is one area SC is more progressive than NC is....Columbia, Greenville, & Hilton Head all have bans in place as far as I know.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:21 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,327,603 times
South Carolina has a simular law, the local municipalities have just chose to ignore it.

I believe in personal property rights if a business chooses to allow smoking or not that should be their choice and theirs alone not the governments to tell them what to do.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:44 PM

638 posts, read 1,594,729 times
Default Tourism gets hurt financially from this ban..

My husband is a smoker and he refuses to go to establishments that don't have smoking areas. He has money to spend, but has his own agenda.

I have a feeling that there's a lot of hard core smokers have their own ban going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area