Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 09:06 PM

3 posts, read 7,826 times

Advertisements

The area is wonderful. Very peacefule community, but I would not recommend anyone to purchase from Centex. I purchased a home from Centex and it has been nothing but a nightmare on Decatur Drive. Shoddy Construction! Everythings great until you sign on the dotted line. If you have a problem; you can count on Centex not to fix it the proper way. Short cuts: that their business!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 08:53 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,998,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticked View Post
The area is wonderful. Very peacefule community, but I would not recommend anyone to purchase from Centex. I purchased a home from Centex and it has been nothing but a nightmare on Decatur Drive. Shoddy Construction! Everythings great until you sign on the dotted line. If you have a problem; you can count on Centex not to fix it the proper way. Short cuts: that their business!!
Sorry you had a problem! We're on Decatur too and have a great home built for us. Going on year #3, other that a few minor glitches, everything was fantastic. Also, when we did have issues Ben & Mark were always there to correct. No questions asked, no hassles either.

Hell Mark even hangs our Christmas lights every year for us - Pertified of heights

Old 01-16-2010, 12:30 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,680,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
Hell Mark even hangs our Christmas lights every year for us - Pertified of heights
Now that's funny!!! lmao

Old 01-16-2010, 03:06 PM

29 posts, read 85,062 times
Hope everyone had a nice holiday!

Sorry to hear about your problems with Centex. We can't wait to move. We visited in Jul '09 and totally fell in love with Cane Bay. We are on track to make the move early this summer. Getting married in May up here and will pack up and go shortly after

We've been tossing around the idea of moving down and renting rather then trying to coordinate and monitor a build while living up here (and planning a wedding and a move). I've seen some rentals now and then in Cane Bay (if anyone sees something, let me know!) We'd really love to rent right in Cane Bay, or at least nearby so that our daughter can start high school at Cane Bay High in the fall.

Hows development progress been lately, last I read Publix was to open in the fall of this year?

I'm self employed and planning to move my computer service business to the area. My fiance is planning on staying home with our youngest and offering in home child care. I've been looking for a small office to start-up in so if anyone knows of any rentals that become available please let me know.

Thanks again for all your input, we look forward to meeting all of you soon

Old 01-17-2010, 03:58 PM

4 posts, read 9,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticked View Post

What kind of shoddy construction did you have? I ask because I am in my fourth Centex neighborhood and I have always had great service. While everything was not perfect - as is the case with many other homes I've seen by numerous builders - they always stepped up when I had a warrantable issue. I did have a few issues that I brought to their attention but were not covered under warranty. I was on my second home before I actually took the time to read through the warranty manuals to get a good understanding of all the whats and whys. That was a big help for me. Not trying to sell you on Centex because you have your own experience but I do like people to know there are varying viewpoints. My experience has been overall outstanding. Hopefully your next builder will provide a better experience and meet your expectations.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:09 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,998,048 times
Dont know if you guys saw the new sign where the Publix will be that reads "Cane Bay Medical Plaza" ... They show a map of the 1st two phases. So it looks like all that construction is the beginning of this project! I drove my bike thru there this past weekend, and it looks like where the Publix will go the land is all cleared. I definitely can see the Medical Plaza going up first. Also that new road thats cut out is "future" home development. Glad to see things moving again.
The newest map also shows a Presbyterian Church which will be located just past Old Rice Retreat and before the entrance to Dell Webb.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:37 AM

139 posts, read 375,854 times
Interesting...thanks pokr.

Saw that as I was leaving this morning. It took a while, but things are finally moving along.
They also have a sign out there at the front of the clearing going away from Cane Bay.
(take a right at the intersection and you can see it within 20 or 30 yards or so).

Old 04-27-2010, 08:12 AM

Glad to hear it is progressing. We are planning on being down there by August and are currently in the process of securing a rental in Old Rice retreat. We are so psyched!

Thanks for the updates. Hope to meet all of you soon!

Old 04-27-2010, 08:44 AM

44 posts, read 101,198 times
Hey Billiam85, there is a home for sale across the street from me in Old Rice Retreat on Decatur Dr that just posted a rental sign there as well. Carolina One is selling the house and Tin Roof Properties is dealing with the rental, the number is (843)971-1695.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doboy90 View Post
Hey Billiam85, there is a home for sale across the street from me in Old Rice Retreat on Decatur Dr that just posted a rental sign there as well. Carolina One is selling the house and Tin Roof Properties is dealing with the rental, the number is (843)971-1695.
Thanks Doboy, actually I think that is the one we are working on getting

Howdy Neighbor, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area