U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2009, 06:25 PM

Location: Most of the time its dificult for me to stay in one place!
7 posts, read 12,705 times

Advertisements

Hey, somebofy knows if there is any registration of the "marines to be" that get to parris island???...
and also... how long do they stay there?... i thought it was 3 months but now i heard that they can stay much longer or something like that...
This is the deal... 2 weeks ago or 3 i got into a fight with the person that now is my EX he wants to be a Marine... but... first he told me he would be back in 3 months from the day he was leaveing... but last week he said "i dont know when ill be back, i could stay there longer"... im in another country now, so i was suposed to fly to paris island to see him in his graduation day... he told me that, n then he said i dont know if i can deal with this n blah... so i think he was lieing n he has another girl!...
can somebody help me with this information?... hahahaha i know its kindda silly but though im aware i choosed to end up things when i started feelin this things i need to know!
thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 06:37 PM

756 posts, read 1,989,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.rock View Post
Hey, somebofy knows if there is any registration of the "marines to be" that get to parris island???...
and also... how long do they stay there?... i thought it was 3 months but now i heard that they can stay much longer or something like that...
This is the deal... 2 weeks ago or 3 i got into a fight with the person that now is my EX he wants to be a Marine... but... first he told me he would be back in 3 months from the day he was leaveing... but last week he said "i dont know when ill be back, i could stay there longer"... im in another country now, so i was suposed to fly to paris island to see him in his graduation day... he told me that, n then he said i dont know if i can deal with this n blah... so i think he was lieing n he has another girl!...
can somebody help me with this information?... hahahaha i know its kindda silly but though im aware i choosed to end up things when i started feelin this things i need to know!
thanks!
No, the only info that you are entitled to would be the info that he gives you.
Respect his wishes and if he has found someone else, let him go, and move on.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:10 AM

58 posts, read 215,934 times
Default Boots

As I recall, boot camp is 12 weeks/3 months. But, the clock does not start ticking the day you leave for Parris Island. You spend roughly a week in receiving barracks/platoon. Here you are processed into the Marine Corp. Then you are picked up by your recruit platoon (1st, 2nd or 3rd Battalion). This is when you meet your Drill Instructors that will take you thru your 12 weeks of training and all hell brakes loose! There are 3 phases to training first-second and third. Some time during first phase you will get a graduation date. I left for the island June 14th and graduated September 7th. That was considered a normal training schedule.

Now, if you are what the Marines consider a "disgusting fat body" or a "non hacker" you could get recycle to "pork chop" platoon. Here they will PT (physically train) you till you either make it or they send you home. (what use to be called a baby blue Marine). In this case you will be on the Island much longer then 3 month.

So, the answer to your question is, no recruit has an exact graduation date till first phase, just a general idea.

God, I am old, what I would give to be that 17 yr old kid again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.rock View Post
Hey, somebody knows if there is any registration of the "marines to be" that get to parris island???...
This is the deal... 2 weeks ago or 3 i got into a fight with the person that now is my EX he wants to be a Marine... but... first he told me he would be back in 3 months from the day he was leaveing... but last week he said "i don't know when ill be back, i could stay there longer"... I'm in another country now, so i was supposed to fly to paris island to see him in his graduation day... he told me that, n then he said i don't know if i can deal with this n blah... so i think he was lieing n he has another girl!...
thanks!

Old 03-31-2009, 09:14 AM

45 posts, read 100,536 times
Try Military.com. They have discussion boards for every service. I bet you'll find all your answers there.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:05 AM

3,140 posts, read 4,967,881 times
And if you go to Military.com to ask this question...try to do just that and that alone. Ask your question...don't give your life story or your circumstances...not if you want a straight answer.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:11 AM

969 posts, read 2,605,973 times
..and also, try getting more than a 6th grade education...your spelling is horrendous!

Old 03-31-2009, 03:25 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,009,723 times
it's actually 13 weeks, and has been for decades...

close to 2 wks of receiving and 11 of actual training

if he's talking about "not handling it" and he doesn't know when he's getting out then chances are real good that he screwed up somewhere and has been recycled... which will at minimum add 2 weeks, if he passes through that period ok

ask him if everything's ok...

he doesn't have access to the outside world other than letters and one visit that's allowed in the middle of bootcamp, so it's highly unlikely he's met another woman or anything like that... chances are much better that he's screwed up, got recycled and doesn't know how to tell you yet

give him time...

Old 03-31-2009, 04:38 PM

58 posts, read 215,934 times
meks,

are you sure about the one visit. we never had that and several of my players have been to PI over the past couple years and they never had a visitor (weekend). not saying your wrong, just never heard of it. and if it is true, not sure i like it..........

Old 03-31-2009, 06:09 PM

Location: Most of the time its dificult for me to stay in one place!
7 posts, read 12,705 times
hey thank you all!!! that was really usefull!!!
=)
really, thanks!
oh and meks, u r prolly right... hahaha
mcevoy34 thanks for the description of the boot camp! that was really informative! =)

Old 03-31-2009, 08:18 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,009,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcevoy34 View Post
meks,

are you sure about the one visit. we never had that and several of my players have been to PI over the past couple years and they never had a visitor (weekend). not saying your wrong, just never heard of it. and if it is true, not sure i like it..........
well we had one visit when I was there, I don't remember exactly when it was except it was a few weeks or so before graduation... bout 28 yrs ago though

we had receiving in the old wooden barracks for bout 2 weeks before everyone was shipped out to their battalions/platoons... to get your orientation, uniforms, hair cuts, learn your general orders etc etc along with the learn how to talk without saying I, He, She, We, You, Me etc etc... and DO NOT look in the eyes of the SDI's or DI's... roflmao at the memories... ahhhh the fond memory of the old rose gardens

anyway, yeaaa everyone got a visit if u actually had someone come that day... me being from here so close to PI I had visitors, many don't because of the distances they come from...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or