U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 06:06 PM

18,950 posts, read 9,020,708 times
I don't think that the Fair Tax solution actually came about as an answer to big government creating big debt .
From my understanding the only tax you ever pay is on retail purchases (23%) , if you purchase anything used you don't pay tax on it .

Old 04-16-2009, 06:13 PM

393 posts, read 766,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarynO View Post
If you think resisting taxes is a problem, put your money where your mouth is and send some extra cash to the US Treasury.
Actually, I have regularly, out of pure laziness, neglected to take some of my tax credits. The majority of the American people are happy paying taxes, since the benefits; the military, roads, medicare, social security, science funding, and so forth is why the USA is the greatest country in the world.

In polls, a majority of Americans have said that they would not mind an increase in their taxes if the money was put to good uses. A majority of Americans voted for Democrats this election, and those politicians are doing what they were elected to do; raise taxes on the rich--the rich who destroyed our economy--returning those rates to the (historically) low levels of the Clinton administration.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:21 PM

634 posts, read 852,511 times
Quote:
I don't think that the Fair Tax solution actually came about as an answer to big government creating big debt .
From my understanding the only tax you ever pay is on retail purchases (23%) , if you purchase anything used you don't pay tax on it .
That's what I don't understand.. this might have worked years ago, but not in our present debt situation. Esp now that the majority of people are cutting WAY back on sales expentitures.

Can anyone else supporting this Fair Tax idea give me some answers here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area