Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 06:12 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,996,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBeaches View Post
Wow, I come home from school, eat dinner, and find the whole conversation is now on evolution!

Popcorn....did someone mention popcorn? I want some!

By the way, Pcamps....some of us KNOW where we came from, and some people THINK they know where we came from. Who do they think created the apes?

For those who know Darwin's theory, this is a common misconception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I think you will find that Evoluion is a Religion based on Science(false evidence) .
Charles Darwin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How do you figure that?

I gotts ta know.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:25 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
How do you figure that?

I gotts ta know.

The Religion of Evolution

Scroll down to "Let the Darwinists speak for themselves"

Old 05-20-2009, 06:28 PM

Wait a minute, what happened to Wikipedia??

Now you are using "answersingenesis.com"

Confusing religion and science again.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Wait a minute, what happened to Wikipedia??

Now you are using "answersingenesis.com"

Confusing religion and science again.
Obviously religion and science are 2 different things but science can be your religion.

I don't think you really understand what the word religion means .

I will point you away from what you may think religion is.

Jesus Christ was and is not a religious man , he is life , religion is not life .

Religious men were the only group of people Jesus scolded .

Now go figure what religion is about , a big clue is bondage to a mans theory.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I don't think you really understand what the word religion means .

I will point you away from what you may think religion is.

Jesus Christ was and is not a religious man , he is life , religion is not life .

Religious men were the only group of people Jesus scolded .

Now go figure what religion is about , a big clue is bondage to a mans theory.
Ever take any science?

Remember the "scientific method'? "Empirical evidence"?

Contrast that to religion:

Religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A religion is an organized approach to human spirituality which usually encompasses a set of narratives, symbols, beliefs and practices, often with a supernatural or transcendent quality, that give meaning to the practitioner's experiences of life through reference to a higher power or truth.[1] It may be expressed through prayer, ritual, meditation, music and art, among other things. It may focus on specific supernatural, metaphysical, and moral claims about reality (the cosmos and human nature) which may yield a set of religious laws, ethics, and a particular lifestyle. Religion also encompasses ancestral or cultural traditions, writings, history, and mythology, as well as personal faith and religious experience.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Ever take any science?

Remember the "scientific method'? "Empirical evidence"?

Contrast that to religion:

Religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A religion is an organized approach to human spirituality which usually encompasses a set of narratives, symbols, beliefs and practices, often with a supernatural or transcendent quality, that give meaning to the practitioner's experiences of life through reference to a higher power or truth.[1] It may be expressed through prayer, ritual, meditation, music and art, among other things. It may focus on specific supernatural, metaphysical, and moral claims about reality (the cosmos and human nature) which may yield a set of religious laws, ethics, and a particular lifestyle. Religion also encompasses ancestral or cultural traditions, writings, history, and mythology, as well as personal faith and religious experience.
So you obviously have not heard of the religious denomination Christian scientist

Old 05-20-2009, 06:58 PM

You cannot prove ANY religion via the scientific method, that's a given.

But the use of the term "denomination" is very telling, verdad?

Here's the deal:

I personally believe that the "Big Bang" came off the hand of the Almighty, be it he, she, or some extraterrestial lifeforce currently residing in Cleveland.

In fact, I believe in The guy they call Jesus of Nazareth being the frontman for the big ref in the sky. But I also think the Bible is a bunch of self-serving BS.

Heresey, you say!!!!

Naw, just what I believe, nothing big.

Drives my crazy Baptist preacher cousin crazy (crazier), though. 'Cause he believes (which cannot be proven either) that you can't BELIEVE one without the other.

But that is my BELIEF, and his counter-Belief. Neither of which can be measured, or proven to the degree required for scientific theory.

But what can be proven, and has been, to the degree of certanity required for science, are processes like Global Warming and Evolution.

Last edited by Geechie North; 05-20-2009 at 07:24 PM..

Old 05-20-2009, 07:28 PM

I respect your belief but obviously entirely disagree with it . No shout of heresy from me though, because if the creator is not moved or offended by what you stated so why should i .

Cannot see why the Bible is self serving BS if it changes a mans heart and mind to love his neighbor.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
I respect your belief but obviously entirely disagree with it . No shout of heresy from me though, because if the creator is not moved or offended by what you stated so why should i .

Cannot see why the Bible is self serving BS if it changes a mans heart and mind to love his neighbor.
Thanks for proving my point. You disagree with it, but cannot PROVE it wrong, except to use religious means, not the scientific method.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area