Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 11:08 AM

41 posts, read 105,970 times

Advertisements

Ok so I'm 26 and she's 25 and were living in wisconsin right now and want to leave so bad! Heard lots of good things about s carolina so we recently visited mt pleasant,charleston and summerville..during trip I fell in love and it seemed like she loved it as well. We were only there for a few days so we were kinda limited on doin things. So the whole move was suppose to take place next year and today she tells me that she doesn't think she wants to live in sc. Says it seems too boring!! Dunno what she wants in a city but as long as there's a beach I'm happy! This comment scares me cuz we've been together for 9 yrs and all she wanted to do is party. We recently got back together and want to start a new life and she claims she's out of party stage! So this comment scares the **** out of me! Now I think she wants to live in a party town!! Grrrrrr...women **** me off lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 11:53 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,898,569 times
try greenville NC, Wilimington NC, Raleigh area NC. Greenville, as a college town is probably the best compromise of activities & proximity to the beach. It's also the BMX capital, Dave Mirra and those type live there. ECU was once the #1 party school on the east coast.

Wilimington is the largest coastal city, and has bars and clubs and is an hour north of Myrtle Beach. I don't hear much about their night life, but it's about two hours from where i'm from while Greenville is one. Raleigh i about 2.5/3hrs from the beach. close enough for a day trip, but is also the capitol of NC and the greater Metro is probably the largest in NC. (though officially the census recently split the triangle into two MSAs vice one)

Old 05-30-2009, 12:01 PM

223 posts, read 609,124 times
Haha. She won't move from Wisconsin because South Carolina is too boring. That's rich.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:06 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,592,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmysawks View Post
Haha. She won't move from Wisconsin because South Carolina is too boring. That's rich.

My sentiments exactly.

On the other hand, if somebody's looking for trouble, they can find it anywhere; I learned this the hard way, after allowing my son to move with his father to a small town in a rural state, in hopes that he'd be "safer" there than in a big city.

The "party" is everywhere, if one cares to seek it out.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:10 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
Get yourself a new girlfriend.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:28 PM

478 posts, read 1,657,542 times
Have you checked out southern CA - my opinion best place to live. Beaches, loads of things to do, best weather in US and loads of sunshine, no humidity, few flying bugs.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:28 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,431,020 times
Did you guys go downtown, Coconut Joes on IOP, Windjammer on IOP, Shem Creek???? We have tons of places to party here.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:23 PM

765 posts, read 1,911,195 times
No offense, but as long as your drunken girlfriend runs your life you are gonna grow old and die in WI, married to a domineering woman you have learned to resent and hate.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:33 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,999,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmysawks View Post
Having moved from Charleston to Wisc, I can appreciate her sentiment.

However, is it a boredom thing? If so, what are her interests?

If it's a standards/safety thing, well, there are far better places than SC with similiar climate.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:13 PM

638 posts, read 1,594,972 times
Quote:
try greenville NC, Wilimington NC, Raleigh area NC. Greenville, as a college town is probably the best compromise of activities & proximity to the beach. It's also the BMX capital, Dave Mirra and those type live there. ECU was once the #1 party school on the east coast.
Mac, I've lived in Greenville, NC for 15 yrs and we are trying our best to get out of here and move to the more favorable Charleston area. So much to see and do down there.

G'ville NC is far worse than Charleston as far as entertainment goes. There's absolutely nothing here to do, or see. Plus.. The beach is an hour+ away.

Dave Mirra, and friends, lived in our neighborhood for several years before "moving on up", thank goodness. But we still have to contend with having all those d*mn bmx/scateboard fiascos in their backyards. (one of the main reasons we want to move).

Greenville, NC is the pits, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless you're a medical student.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area