U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-13-2009, 04:07 PM

132 posts, read 225,000 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me anything about what the branches of Seacoast are like? I have been to the main church in Mt. Pleasant but I am wondering what the Summerville, West Ashley, or North Charleston branches are like? Don't you watch the sermon on the projection screen? How many people ussually come to a service at a branch?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 07:56 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,072,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moss015 View Post
Can anyone tell me anything about what the branches of Seacoast are like? I have been to the main church in Mt. Pleasant but I am wondering what the Summerville, West Ashley, or North Charleston branches are like? Don't you watch the sermon on the projection screen? How many people ussually come to a service at a branch?
We don't attend any of those campuses you mentioned, but we do attend the one in Columbia, and yes, we watch the sermon on the screen. A little weird at first, but you get used to it, and the music (at least at our's) is great. We have 2 services, and each run typically between 125-175 people I'd guess. If you go to www.seacoast.org, you can select each individual campus - that might give you a better sense of how large those branches are. If I remember right from one of the previous messages, Summerville was mentioned as one of the larger off-site campuses.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:22 AM

1 posts, read 2,359 times
I attend the one in Summerville and although it is smaller than the one you mentioned in Mt Pleasant, I think the feeling of community is just as strong. We have a lot of Kidscoast volunteers who love to help out with everything. I love our Summerville campus. The only difference would be watching Greg through a projector (there are 3) rather than live.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,420 times
I used to attend the Summerville before I moved to Savannah. I LOVED it! The people are all so friendly! It didn't take but a couple visits before I felt like I was a part of the church. Kidscoast is amazing! My daughter was in the 4yr-kinderguarden and loved miss Barbera and mr brian! I know most of the other kidscoast workers and they are great. Even though it is getting pretty big, they still have that personal feel of a smaller church. Like the person said above, you get used to the screens pretty quick. The music is awesome! Every campus has a different style though. Summerville was more upbeat and kinda rocked out. But amazing vocals! What was amazing was that you could feel the worship when they played. You can tell that they are worshiping and not just performing. The energy is contageous too :-) I could be having the worst of mornings, but after attending church, I couldn't help but to feel blessed and alive! I haven't gone to any other campus other than summerville and savannah, but summerville is DEF worth a look!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area