Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 09:04 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,323,940 times

Advertisements

Summerville is your best bet...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 12:33 PM

528 posts, read 1,513,522 times
Hello Athina,
Charleston and the surrounding area is a beautiful place to live and could be just right for your family. What were you looking for? Close to the beach? Neighborhoods? Schools? With a dentistry practice you could probably relocate to Summerville or Mount Pleasant. It depends what you are looking for and what your family needs. Do you all enjoy boating? The ocean? Swimming? Golf? If you can share a little more, we will be able to point you in the right direction.
Sincerely,
Foster Smith

Old 12-28-2009, 07:37 PM

3 posts, read 13,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryFCarson View Post
I moved from Columbus to Summerville - but it was a long time ago!
Interesting! I moved from Summerville to Columbus in 1978. Been here ever since. I'm sure we could tell each other a lot about the current state of our former hometowns.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:29 PM

9 posts, read 33,331 times
well yes we love boeting and swimming alot after all I grow up on an island in greece but about the atlantic ocean I'm a littlebit afraid of sharks.My son is 11 and he has 2 medals in swimming so Ithink he will be able to continiue training there. My older doutgher is 16 and she likes reeding most of all but she likes basketball also Iam looking for somethink near to town away from aligattors near to good public schools . What would you sugest ?what about di and mtp

Old 12-29-2009, 04:28 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,323,940 times
The Crime rate in North Charleston and some parts of the Charleston Proper are higher than the rest of the area, MtP, DI and Summerville all have relatively low crime rates....

N. Charleston has been on the decrease it was #7 on the most dangerous cities list last year, this year it has dropped to #22, still high but getting better....

Old 12-29-2009, 08:44 PM

209 posts, read 533,956 times
Not all of North Charleston is bad. There are specific parts (such as the area the OP is going to rent in or the Dorchester County part) that are fine.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:53 AM

9 posts, read 18,769 times
Hi,
I recently moved here from Jersey and I can tell you that some things are more expensive here....food being the biggest increase. I also am a teacher in DD2, new this year. I don't know if Ohio has a teachers union, but I can tell you that if that is what you're used to, you're going to have a big shock when you start working here. If you want more info you can email me...good luck, maybe we'll be working together

Old 12-31-2009, 10:57 AM

662 posts, read 1,410,709 times
There are fine areas of North Charleston too. Make sure you choose a realtor who is personally familiar to the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area