Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 11:33 AM

89 posts, read 222,993 times

Advertisements

Anyone from up north who lives in Charleston area please share your thoughts of how you like it there....PM ok
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 11:50 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,905,090 times
Mc Geno:

do you live in MP? where did you come from before that? I am from MP but live up north at the moment, but will be coming home in 2 years Lord willing.

what do you like and dislike about MP and the Charleston area?

Old 04-17-2007, 11:54 AM

89 posts, read 222,993 times
I live in NY now and am considering the move to MP thats why I am asking....guess I should have beeen clearer....where are you up north Jack

Old 04-17-2007, 05:53 PM

hi mcgeno,

i am in philadelphia now, but when my child is 3 and about ready for school i will move back home to MP. i want her in the schools in MP with the same values as I grew up with and so she can be raised outside and near family.

I will miss the North is some ways, Vermont, NH , Maine and the Adirondacks, because of mountain climbing and skiing, but i will be able to teach her crabbing, surfing, sailing and fishing. we can go to NC, and Virginia for mtn biking, hiking and camping and skiing

Old 04-18-2007, 09:57 AM

14 posts, read 53,958 times
Default northerner loves Mt. Pleasant

Hi-I know a doctor who is originally from Long Island NY who moved to Mt. Pleasant. Although it was a tough move, she says she is very happy and would NEVER move back north. Loves it in Mt. P.
We are going to the area this weekend to do some looking around....we are also from Long Island and are strongly considering a move down.--

Old 04-18-2007, 10:10 AM

irrek, why are you moving and why Mt Pleasant? I am interested in why Northerners move to the south, is it because of the economics, the weather or the culture? Also do you think it is right to demand the new place to change to meet your former places values or do you try and become apart of the adopted community?

Old 04-18-2007, 12:45 PM

14 posts, read 70,679 times
I moved from Cleveland to Mt Pleasant in February and I love it. My primary reason for moving was to be along the coast.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:30 PM

that is great that you love it and the coast is wonderful. I love my hometown as well and miss the coast, my gullah culture, wonderful family and friends and the sun and sand and surf

Old 04-18-2007, 06:47 PM

19 posts, read 54,422 times
Carolina Jack,
I am moving from PA this June to Mount Pleasant or Daniel Island.
I can tell you that I was raised in the north. And I love the south, the people here where I am from are rude, and have no manners or consideration. For the most part anyway. I would never ride our city bus or even walk downtown. I am not wasting another year here, I want my children to be in a friendly, family like community. I want them to see that this is not our "way of life". I am just sorry it took me so long to make the move.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:51 PM

Patty, tell me about it!!! I have lived in Pa for 6 years and boy is it a sad place. Rude, no manners, and they think it is fine to not care for each other.

I have to stay for another 2 years but God willing, i will be out of here then. You will love MP or Daniel. My family has lived in MP since the early 1700s in the same place and would not leave there--we love the way of life, the culture, the people the water and the warmth.

Keep in touch and if you need any help settling, i can see out putting you in touch with fam and friends
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area