Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:56 PM

416 posts, read 1,628,089 times

Advertisements

personally, i would not live in north charleston under any situation.

and then i would not want to live on daniel island or parts of mt P either...but for totally different reasons though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 06:48 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,277,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
I have read on here from time to time that there are a few places in N. Charleston
that are ok. No?
There are a few areas of N Charleston that are acceptable, but the number of bad neighborhoods outweigh the good.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:15 PM

416 posts, read 1,628,089 times
i agree. just noth worth it to me. but if others dig it, good for them. most areas really give me a bad feeling in north chas.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:08 PM

43 posts, read 163,858 times
The upper Dorchester Road corridor in N. Charleston is an exception. Look up Coosaw Creek Country Club. It's a gated neighborhood with guards, large brick homes, golf course, and 1/2 acre lots that's one of the nicer neighborhoods in all of Charleston.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:42 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,277,390 times
Coosaw Creek is in Dorchester County so it has the better schools, it is also seperated from the majority of N. Charleston by alot of woods.

I don't concider it even a part of N. Charleston, it is closer to Oakbrook.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:32 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,460,851 times
What about the West Ashley area?

Old 07-28-2009, 08:21 PM

394 posts, read 1,045,234 times
Just because of the traffic, my husband and I wouldn't live anywhere on Dorchester Road. Yes - there are some nice neighborhoods there but the traffic is bad. We have several friends that live in various neighborhoods up and down Dorchester and traffic is a big complaint. But - that's just my opinion. Traffic is relative - if you come from a larger or very congested area, it may not bother you. If you come from the boonies of KY like I do, then the traffic will drive you crazy. :-)

Old 07-28-2009, 08:26 PM

4 posts, read 9,440 times
I personally think the ONLY city in the charleston area I would consider living would the Mt. Pleasant. I was born and raised in the Charleston area, spent most of that time in North Charleston, and would not recommend it to anyone. The area is just trashy. Nothing is kept up, people are extremely rude, an outrageous amount of crime. A place you just don't want to be. There are SOME good areas in North Charleston, but as someone else said that are right next to the bad areas, on the same road most of the time, so it doesn't make much of a difference. I moved out of the area and am so happy I did. Goose Creek isn't as bad, but it's not much better. A little more clean, and less busy, but people are just as rude and there is almost just as much crime. Summerville has it's nice areas, more so than most of the other cities, but it also depends on where you move in summerville. I think that if you have to move to this area, look at Mt. P first, if that's too expensive think about Summerville. North charleston, No. Goose Creek, No. Summerville, possibly. Mt. P, yes. Daniel Island, Yes. Moncks Corner, no. Ridgeville, No. West Ashley, no. Charleston, no. Hanahan, possibly, but it's in the middle of North Charleston.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:10 PM

76 posts, read 176,064 times
I have lived in north charleston right off greenridge road since Jan and to me this area seems fine maybe because i am from DC and single with no kids. Its easy to get on 26, the mall and tons of places to eat are right here (to lazy to cook). The only thing i have notice is the speed trap the cops have on the street behind Kmart and the ramp to get on 26

Old 08-16-2009, 07:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family_Guy27 View Post
Where Ashley Phosphate Rd runs into Dorchester Rd is a good start. Anywhere between there and the Walmart on Dorchester Rd are pretty good places to live. Just don't go in the opposite direction on Dorchester towards the airport.
I am looking at homes in the Reminisce Subdivision, is this a good, safe area? I looked at White Gables also, but the homes were a little too close there. But, love both subdivisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area